Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I Hate That Fucking TV Commercial!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I Hate That Fucking TV Commercial!!!

I hate that fucking TV commercial, I hate all the Wayfair commercials and I hate the fucking songs I will never buy anything from Wayfair because I hate their commercials so much. I hate the Nutri System commercials with Marie Osmond. There are so many.....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The Bud Light "Dilly Dilly" commercials.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    The Bud Light "Dilly Dilly" commercials.

Yes those commercials suck to. There are so many horrible commercials. Why do marketing people think it is a good idea to annoy the shit out of potential customers?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    Yes those commercials suck to. There are so many horrible commercials. Why do marketing people think it is a good idea to annoy the shit out of potential customers?
    If it didn't work, they wouldn't still be doing it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    If it didn't work, they wouldn't still be doing it.
    I'm not so sure that it is working, Wayfair's commercials for me are so fucking annoying I will never buy from or go to their site and I love to buy shit online. I'm one person, I don't know if other people feel that way or they just submit to the relentless brainwashing of bombardment commercial rotation. You can't watch CNN or MSNBC without seeing Wayfair commercials every commercial break. I guess if you watch FOX News you get bombarded with farmersonly.com or reverse mortgage commercials.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That fucking commercial where it's people "loving" doing shitty things and there's some asshole giving himself a paper cut in between his fingers. I want to throw the remote through the fucking TV every time that bullshit hits the screen. Who the fuck OKAY'd that?!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    That fucking commercial where it's people "loving" doing shitty things and there's some asshole giving himself a paper cut in between his fingers. I want to throw the remote through the fucking TV every time that bullshit hits the screen. Who the fuck OKAY'd that?!
    Those are Direct TV commercials those are annoying to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I forgot the one I absolutely FUCKING HATE!!!!!! is the Toujeo commercial that plays the song "Let's Groove" by Earth Wind & Fire (ruining a perfectly good song by the way) and the guy dances around like an idiot. I fucking hate this commercial. I almost feel bad for posting this but fuck it, I have been tortured by this hideous commercial so join in my misery.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wHM_/toujeo-daily-groove

If this drug is saving his life, I want to kill him.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    we are still feeling the effects of the writer's strike didn't effect the bottom line so who cares. you'll watch what ever we give you even with so called cable cutting still not affected, case in point, Bernie had an open town hall about healthcare which effects every American no major would touch or even mention it was live streamed on Facebook wait until net neutrality really kicks in and only the 1% will get information they need to make decisions, so wake up "you got a bullet in your fucking head"
    -Louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    we are still feeling the effects of the writer's strike didn't effect the bottom line so who cares. you'll watch what ever we give you even with so called cable cutting still not affected, case in point, Bernie had an open town hall about healthcare which effects every American no major would touch or even mention it was live streamed on Facebook wait until net neutrality really kicks in and only the 1% will get information they need to make decisions, so wake up "you got a bullet in your fucking head"
    -Louie
    I agree that Trumps repeal of net neutrality regulations put in place by the Obama administration will be a nightmare, but that is something for more of the political threads. This is more of a joke thread and the humor that I see in absolutely hating some mindless idiotic commercial. Everybody gets annoyed by these commercials and in some cases I wonder if the advertisers are shooting themselves in the foot by annoying the shit out of people in the attempt to sell them a product.
    Last edited by Sister Midnight; 01-27-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    DealDash commercials.

You bought a brand new iPad for 99¢? Good for you; now FUCK OFF!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I forgot the one I absolutely FUCKING HATE!!!!!! is the Toujeo commercial that plays the song "Let's Groove" by Earth Wind & Fire (ruining a perfectly good song by the way) and the guy dances around like an idiot. I fucking hate this commercial. I almost feel bad for posting this but fuck it, I have been tortured by this hideous commercial so join in my misery.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wHM_/toujeo-daily-groove

If this drug is saving his life, I want to kill him.
    his pants are so far up his butt when he gets out of that office chair.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "What's a computer?"

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Let's see... the myriad commercials for My Pillow, all that shitty cookware stuff that's made with copper (and usually being hocked by that obnoxious dump cake woman), the "stop paying too much for TV" commercials with Danny Trejo, and that Super Beet shit that you mix with water. And yes, that fucking Toujeo commercial, because ain't nobody that happy to mow their god damn lawn. Nobody.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    And yes, that fucking Toujeo commercial, because ain't nobody that happy to mow their god damn lawn. Nobody.
    Did you notice even his own dog hates him.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    "What's a computer?"
    I literally almost started a brand new blog (basically an expanded version of this thread) just because of that commercial.

A COMPUTER IS THE THING YOU'RE USING, YOU FUCKING NITWIT!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm not so sure that it is working, Wayfair's commercials for me are so fucking annoying I will never buy from or go to their site and I love to buy shit online. I'm one person, I don't know if other people feel that way or they just submit to the relentless brainwashing of bombardment commercial rotation. You can't watch CNN or MSNBC without seeing Wayfair commercials every commercial break. I guess if you watch FOX News you get bombarded with farmersonly.com or reverse mortgage commercials.
    No offense, but they don't give a flying fuck about you. Their stock is up over 100% from this time last year. Whatever they're doing is working just fine without your business.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Hey fellow brits!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    No offense, but they don't give a flying fuck about you. Their stock is up over 100% from this time last year. Whatever they're doing is working just fine without your business.
    I'm aware of that, but one thing I have noticed in life if something annoys you (or me in this case) chances are it annoys somebody else as well. At this moment in time everybody's stock is up, the stock market bubble is going to burst and the stock market is long overdue for a correction, but that is another conversation.
    Wayfair is this years overstock.com, over priced cheap ass furniture that wouldn't sell at other outlets, with an annoying as fuck ad campaign to go along with it. Like I said if it annoys me it probably annoys somebody else, if enough people are turned off by it then they will change but I don't think its an issue.
    You said it yourself their stock is up over 100% in a stock market that really doesn't match the economy, failure is right around the corner. I'm not wishing for the stock market to crash but the stock market is at 26,000 and it doesn't make sense, so a correction is inevitable. The buffoon in the white house isn't going to have a clue what to do if the market and the US economy goes crazy.
    When everybody's 401k's take a nose dive do think people will be worried about buying furniture online.

I also believe that if you have cable or Direct TV that chances are they are monitoring your view habits. That kind of data would be very valuable to ad agencies.

I know you said "No offense" but its kind of like when people say "I'm not a racist" then say something incredibly racist, I think you do mean to offend.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Hey fellow brits!

I wonder how many tv's have been destroyed over that commercial. I forgot that people in other countries have their own private Hell with tv commercials. That commercial sucked!!! I feel sorry for you guys but a least you don't have a President Trump so you are doing way better than the US.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    THIS FUCKING COMMERICAL DRIVES ME ABSOLUTELY NUTS....I cannot stand the way she sings...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    THIS FUCKING COMMERICAL DRIVES ME ABSOLUTELY NUTS....I cannot stand the way she sings...

Not sure why I liked your post (jk) I mean yes you're right that is a horrible commercial, but that is a horrible commercial. An excellent entry. It doesn't even sound like eighties music it sounds like a horrible attempt at eighties music.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i don't hate these commercials, per se, but they are fucking ridiculous. and edgar wright made sure to show us this actual video before a showing of his first film, "a fistful of fingers" last year at the music box (only the second time it's been screened in the US) to make sure we had context for the joke that literally doesn't happen until the very end of the movie.

also, my friend tiff (with whom i saw the movie) went to england not long after and brought me back a milky bar. i laughed so hard it was scary.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I know you said "No offense" but its kind of like when people say "I'm not a racist" then say something incredibly racist, I think you do mean to offend.
    No, I really don't. I've spent enough time working on various ad campaigns to know where consideration lies. Just like I know that Apple doesn't give a flying fuck about me for hating most of their commercials. I'm one person. There are other people like me, sure. But there are plenty of people who are buying their stuff anyway, so they don't care about me. I'm okay with that. You should be, too. You shouldn't feel offended that a company with hundreds of millions (or even billions) in valuation doesn't care what you, one angry customer, thinks. It's just about scale. It's not like they know your name and think you're a wanker for not enjoying their commercials. It's nothing personal. It's just how massive business operate.

Personally, I agree that over-played commercials are annoying as fuck. We're on the same page about that. Not sure why you would think I'm trying to offend you. Friends?

(Oh, and slightly off topic: if you want to talk 'monitoring viewing habits', read up on the ATSC 3.0 standards that have been finalized.)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Look, all I'm saying is that this commercial didn't exist before Donald Trump was in the White House.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    A couple things.
    I got a My Pillow for xmas the thing so far is pretty legit. That commercial does suck though.
    According to a media class i took Advertising is largely ineffective. It's more about brand loyalty and all that, retention.
    I haven't "watched" tv in close to 20 years, sure i catch shows and it's on from time to time but i haven't had a T.V. of my own in over a decade. That said, those stupid fucking dancing jerk-off commercials that firefox have been running lately are pretty fucking inane. Oh and there was that car ad over the holidays that used the Holiday Road song as it's jingle that i seemingly couldn't avoid that about drove me fucking nuts as well.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Oh and there was that car ad over the holidays that used the Holiday Road song as it's jingle that i seemingly couldn't avoid that about drove me fucking nuts as well.
    my wife would immediately get so angry when that commercial came on. it's AWFUL. and honestly, it would be fine if the song had no vocals. because the things happening in the commercial are cute.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    "What's a computer?"
    So I watch the DC CW shows and I use the CW app because I don't need to be glued in front of my TV every night for the same stuff. Weekend binge. It works out great for my relationship.

EVERY. FUCKING. COMMERCIAL. BREAK.

I like the song! But goddamn it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I have one more -

The goddamn family Chevy Traverse. OH LOOK THERE'S MY GRANDMOTHER WHO I NEVER VISIT AND AM HAVING AN EMOTIONAL REACTION OVER.

Go visit your grandmother! Fuck!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    What drives me nuts is the commercials I get when watching like the "Go" apps on roku, like for a&e or discovery.

They play these hyper localized commercials (one was for a hospital in fucking Massachusetts or something, one is for the mayoral race in Louisiana) and they will, no shit, play them seven or eight times in a row. And I mean literally in a row : there's a little ad counter for how many ads are in the break and it will be six or seven, so they just show one of these fucking commercials 6 or 7 times.

I also feel bad for whoever paid for these ads. Did they say " oh yeah, we'll show it x number of times" but fail to mention they'd be showing it to the wrong state and just like back to back over and over instead of occasionally over a period of time hahaha.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-30-2018 at 09:26 AM.