Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2018.06.25 - Paris, France @ L'Olympia

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    asked the organiser for more info about 'a second gig'.
    the answer:
    Dear Paul,we don't have any information about a second gig at the moment. Regards,Florentin

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I hope there is a method to this madness of releasing 1 date a week at a time, because this doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm hoping for a second show, but I guess it all depends on what the band has planned the week before...
    Are they going to do the UK or not?
    Hope they announce something soon. And by soon, I mean before this Amsterdam show gets announced and goes on sale, because that show is a tad out of my way, but at the same time, I want to hit at least 2 shows when there. Shows in the UK are preferred as my trip is going to consist of stopping in the UK for 4 or 5 days before Paris and then doing Paris for 3 or 4 days and then flying back home. Would have to cut each city down a couple days if I wanted to throw Amsterdam in there, and at that point it's becoming a bit too complicated and too much traveling around. Not enough time to take in the sites of the places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there. I am looking into possibly coming to Paris for this show. Tickets are obviously sold out. Looking to get 2 floor seats. If anyone has any they want to part with, please let me know. I will be coming from Los Angeles.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been lurking here a while but decided to finally join ETS! So excited for the Paris show, it will be my first NIN show after waiting many years to finally see them Also going to Berlin

Does anyone know how early it's best to be there to get barrier? We're coming straight from Graspop festival in Belgium to see NIN and the earliest we can be at the venue will be around 9:45am, is that early enough to make it to barrier? I am used to Manson fans who can be terrifying in Europe!
    Last edited by satanspropaganda; 02-13-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satanspropaganda View Post
    Been lurking here a while but decided to finally join ECS! So excited for the Paris show, it will be my first NIN show after waiting many years to finally see them Also going to Berlin

Does anyone know how early it's best to be there to get barrier? We're coming straight from Graspop festival in Belgium to see NIN and the earliest we can be at the venue will be around 9:45am, is that early enough to make it to barrier? I am used to Manson fans who can be terrifying in Europe!
    (welcome!)
    difficult to estimate, I think it mostly depends on the size of the venue (bigger venue = more tickets sold = more likely that fans will be queuing early I guess), if it's a weekday or a weekend and many other factors.
    For smaller venues, when NIN played at Scala in 2013 there were around 5 people queuing at 9am and around 20-30 at 4pm. Most people arrived around 5pm-6pm if I remember correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    (welcome!)
    difficult to estimate, I think it mostly depends on the size of the venue (bigger venue = more tickets sold = more likely that fans will be queuing early I guess), if it's a weekday or a weekend and many other factors.
    For smaller venues, when NIN played at Scala in 2013 there were around 5 people queuing at 9am and around 20-30 at 4pm. Most people arrived around 5pm-6pm if I remember correctly.
    Well only 1996 tickets sold, around 1000 standing and it's also a Monday So that isn't too bad I don't think! I would be there at 6am but I literally can't get from Dessel to Paris early enough, so just gonna make do with as early as possible
    Thank you for that! Helps put things in perspective, the UK is pretty bad for queuing! So shouldn't be too bad in Paris I don't think? I counted on photos and the barrier holds 40-50 people so hopefully I can be barrier for my first ever NIN show

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satanspropaganda View Post
    We're coming straight from Graspop festival in Belgium
    Lucky you!!

We saw the lineup poster a little too late, and by the time we started looking into traveling for it, all the hotels and such were fully booked. I spent like 2 days trying to see if it was doable from taking the train in and out of Antwerp, but it just wasn't feasible. Decided to put graspop off this year and aim for it next year. Next year, we'll be more prepared and will book one of those on-site mini houses. We don't do camping. I've learned my lesson with camping. I've camped at 2 music festivals before, both were the worst experience of my life. After the first one, I swore to never do it again, but one of the guys coming with me to the 2nd one single handedly convinced a group of 6 camping was the way to go. We all wanted hotels, but this guy pushed and pushed and pushed (and is a great salesman), so we bought into it... it was even worse than the first time to the point where even the guy that convinced us said "yeah, that was the worst camping experience I had ever had at a music festival in my life"

I guess the key is to just book a mini hotel ahead of time when the dates get announced regardless of what the lineup looks like. I tend to wait until the lineup comes out for these things and make a decision based on that, but then you miss out on hotels and stuff, so it's a tough call.

Same with Hellfest in France, I think it's the same weekend as Graspop, wouldn't mind hitting that up, but once again... all accommodations in the area are booked.