Thread: HAYSEY'S 2018 Good & Bad Cinema Thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

HAYSEY'S 2018 Good & Bad Cinema Thread

Welcome to Haysey's Good & Bad Cinema Thread 2018!
    Following on from last years thread (which you can still find Here for all of my 2017 reactions) it's time for a new thread for 2018!

I will be trying my best to see as many films this year, and beat last years 41, as possible. I'll post my reactions/mini reviews below and list each film in one of 4 easy category's like last year based on how i rated them, these are Must See, Check It Out, Maybe Skip and Avoid. Feel free to agree/disagree/recommend films.

Here is a list of films out this year i will be checking out (providing i can get to a cinema showing them all) Orange being ones i'm most excited for (i'll cross them off as i see them)...
    Darkest Hour, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, Black Panther, The Shape of the Water, Lady Bird, Pacific Rim Uprising, Ready Player One, Rampage, Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2, Alita: Battle Angel, Venom, Wreck-it Ralph 2, Mortal Engines, Phantom Thread, The Post, The Commuter, Downsizing, Early Man, Annihilation, Tomb Raider, A Winkle in Time, How to Talk to Girls at Parties, Solo: a Star Wars Story, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Mission Impossible 6, The Predator, Ant-Man and the Wasp, The Equalizer 2, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, The Jungle Book, Halloween, Xmen: Dark Phoenix, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Bohemian Rhapsody, Captive State, Skyscraper, Untitled Coverfield Movie...

So far i have seen 2/52 films this year...

Must See

Check It Out
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri
    Darkest Hour

Maybe Skip

Avoid

Last edited by Haysey; 01-18-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Added 'Darkest Hour'

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

First film of the year, went to see Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri last week and...it was good!
    Very dark tone but at places very VERY funny. The acting was A+ across the board, story was well paced and just an all round good piece of film making. Only reason i'm not having this as a must see is that, compared to last years must see's, it didn't leave quite the same impression (and with what's out this year i don't wanna blow my loud too soon) but it is worth checking out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Darkest Hour

Not to be confused with 2011's The Darkest Hour (please don't see that one) Darkest Hour was pretty good!
    I'm not really big on the Oscar films, they tend to be all about the acting and i can get pretty bored with them, but Darkest Hour held my attention. In fact a good way for me to judge how much i enjoyed a film is how quickly time passes, especially in longer 2-3 hour films, and this did not drag.
    Gary Oldman is excellent, in fact everyone is, and i enjoyed myself just as much as i did for Dunkirk (the film, not the event)
    It did feel like it ends just as it's starting to get going, but this didn't spoil what was a decent film.

Check it out.