Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Dunno if it's been mentioned, but Trents on the cover of Kerrang (UK) this week...

https://twitter.com/KerrangMagazine/...36100595703808
    Neat article, although it doesn't say much new to us - aside from a surprisingly detailed description of the man's handshake.

Is it the first time ETS got a namedrop in print, though? (It's about the "entire cock" thing, don't get too excited.)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk1QT_1h...-by=st_vincent

excellent, i'd say. i saw her on the down the rabbit hole festival last weekend. awesome...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ooh looks like Shit Mirror will be the new single - i'm assuming it wouldn't be in this list otherwise
    http://www.beat.com.au/music/best-wo...ma-louise-more

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Ooh looks like Shit Mirror will be the new single - i'm assuming it wouldn't be in this list otherwise
    http://www.beat.com.au/music/best-wo...ma-louise-more
    Don't know about oversees, but singles are such a waste with NIN in the US. At least in Florida, none of the "corporate" rock stations play any of the new material. The day bad witch came out, a radio personality ranted and raved about how they loved the GBDTD and couldn't wait to hear the new album, then went on to play Closer.... I said to my wife, WTF, they talk about the new stuff yet they play a 24 year old song.
    Last edited by spahn; 07-05-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I noticed Werchter is being streamed today...Hopefully NINs show there this weekend gets streamed
    Waiit wait wait wait it just came out : https://www.facebook.com/ARTEConcert...5749343832060/
    Eurockeenes are offering same kind of TV support as Hellfest !
    Names announced as live stream (and replay) in this ad : QOTSA, Riles, Prophets of rage, Texas, The black Madonna
    EDIT : HOLY SHIT there is three dots !
    Last edited by ninjaw; 07-05-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    sorry i didnt check if this has been brought out before. but in my neighbourhood (neukölln) there have been this posters since more than a week. waiting at a busstation i had the chance to make a picture this tuesday.

p.s.: there are more of them at pannierstrasse. thats where the big m29-bus (doubledecker) drives thru neukölln/kreuzberg/mitte.
    i havent seen any of these posters elsewhere in berlin
    Last edited by notsoprettynow; 07-05-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    I've seen those posters in the London Underground also.

They looked a little bit different.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Sounds like this was towards the end of the Further Down the Spiral tour in January/February 1995. No recordings of "Eraser", audio or video, circulate from the last handful of shows... so we're probably not ever going to see it
    Yeah, I think you're right, I have a copy of the NIN Drive (was sent to me along with the APC Drive project) but it only contains audio and I can't find anything from that particular chunk of shows.

Does anyone know if some sort of resource exists for NIN live video? I can't imagine this fanbase doesn't maintain something like that and even if I can't find these specific performances it's always fun to from those old shows.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    Does anyone know if some sort of resource exists for NIN live video? I can't imagine this fanbase doesn't maintain something like that and even if I can't find these specific performances it's always fun to from those old shows.
    Well, a video drive project by our very own @ninlive (aka the creator of NIN Drive that you speak of) is currently in development. As to when will it see the light of day, only he can say.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    So this is probably premature, but a sequel to GWTDT, called Girl in the Spider's Web is apparently coming out in November. From what I've read, Fincher isn't directing this one and may only be executive producer. Sounds like they weren't impressed with the GWTDT earnings and are trying to cut back costs this go around, so they have an entirely new cast. Not sure what this means, if anything, for TRAR. It doesn't come out until November so there's still time for an announcement, but purely speculation at this point. Could be one of the 4 unannounced projects TR mentioned.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    So this is probably premature, but a sequel to GWTDT, called Girl in the Spider's Web is apparently coming out in November. From what I've read, Fincher isn't directing this one and may only be executive producer. Sounds like they weren't impressed with the GWTDT earnings and are trying to cut back costs this go around, so they have an entirely new cast. Not sure what this means, if anything, for TRAR. It doesn't come out until November so there's still time for an announcement, but purely speculation at this point. Could be one of the 4 unannounced projects TR mentioned.
    Roque Bańos is listed as the score composer on IMDb, which would make sense since he collaborated with Fede Alvarez on his first two films. I doubt Trent & Atticus would have wanted to work on the film if Fincher wasn't involved.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Roque Bańos is listed as the score composer on IMDb, which would make sense since he collaborated with Fede Alvarez on his first two films. I doubt Trent & Atticus would have wanted to work on the film if Fincher wasn't involved.
    Welp nvm. I actually scanned imdb before posting and totally missed that. Ugh.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Waiit wait wait wait it just came out : https://www.facebook.com/ARTEConcert...5749343832060/
    Eurockeenes are offering same kind of TV support as Hellfest !
    Names announced as live stream (and replay) in this ad : QOTSA, Riles, Prophets of rage, Texas, The black Madonna
    EDIT : HOLY SHIT there is three dots !
    I'm not sure, but is this it?

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/083399...nnes-festival/
    https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/083399...nnes-festival/

No NIN listed.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    This is it, I can confirm no nin, that mean this was their decision. Instead yo got that photo http://www.facebook.com/Eurocks/phot...8367615189142/

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    So I just learned (for sure) that you have to pay to open for NIN with your band, but also for other bands... is it a thing that always existed ? Because Trent mentionned picking them up himself... and right now I'm really not so sure about these choices.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So I just learned (for sure) that you have to pay to open for NIN with your band, but also for other bands... is it a thing that always existed ? Because Trent mentionned picking them up himself... and right now I'm really not so sure about these choices.
    Amanda Palmer said something about only getting paid $500 or something to open for NIN so that’s the opposite of what you’re saying

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Amanda Palmer said something about only getting paid $500 or something to open for NIN so that’s the opposite of what you’re saying
    True, so what changed ?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Care to disclose a little more of what you have learned? Which band was that?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Seems rather dubious. Is it a one time fee or per show? Sounds ridiculous and I can't believe bands like Queen Kwong or Ladytron, Atari Teenage Riot etc paying just to open up for them. As I'm involved in booking affairs from time to time I have never heard of such deals. But yeah, some more details would be nice as I wouldn't rule it out completely but can't really believe it on the other hand...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Most openers are paid peanuts. Like 500$ for a whole tour with a big band. It does'nt cover daily expenses so yeah, you pretty much end up paying from your pocket to be the opener.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Care to disclose a little more of what you have learned? Which band was that?
    Yep it's about japan show, it's a very small french new band I know really well, they already paid for a major show a few weeks ago and just had the oportunity to do the same with nin ! Obvioulsy maybe it's just for japan, and maybe this was before Trent got propositions, but... apparently they have to pay, and it's kinda right because they are paying for a major boost of advertisement

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    It's also entirely possible that they're paying the promoter for a shot, not necessarily paying the headlining band, and that the headlining band is deliberately being kept in the dark. This would especially make sense in non-domestic markets. A French band wanting to open for an American band in Japan? Why not push a Japanese band instead? Because the French band might cough up the cash, I guess.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I got the price: playing with Nin in Japan costs $8000. They paid $2000 for the other big name in Europe but... let's say smaller than Nin. Actually they are still thinking about it, so it may happen.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Are you talking about the Japan shows this year? Is the band Petit Biscuit?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I thought NIN only do festivals in Japan this year...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I thought NIN only do festivals in Japan this year...
    Yeah I just checked and I didn't ask wich date, anyway we will know very soon. Well you know there are festivals and festivals, last night festival was in a closed door room, except it was a real festival... even show nights in Arenes de Nimes were called festival... but there are justr concert for the night with a band opener, no way it's a festival.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I just checked and I didn't ask wich date, anyway we will know very soon. Well you know there are festivals and festivals, last night festival was in a closed door room, except it was a real festival... even show nights in Arenes de Nimes were called festival... but there are justr concert for the night with a band opener, no way it's a festival.
    Well yeah, Nimes and Montreaux are always like that. But the Japanese ones are real festivals with many bands and multiple stages.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Well yeah, Nimes and Montreaux are always like that. But the Japanese ones are real festivals with many bands and multiple stages.
    Great, i will keep you updated as I will be updated.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    TRAR score the theme music to The Fourth Estate:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a big billboard up in London (Brixton - near Wahaca)