Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Results 331 to 343 of 343

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

  1. #331
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    "There’s some sax on Pretty Hate Machine too."

    Come again?

    How could you forget Sax Like a Hole?


    and
    Something I can never sax

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "Purest Feeling" is so good and Trent messed up so bad by not releasing it on PHM that he is now under the deluded impression that he released it, probably along with "Maybe Just Once."

    Or there's some really processed sax on the album. Either way.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    How could you forget Sax Like a Hole?


    and
    Something I can never sax
    The head like a hole cover sounds like Bob Dylan and the Band covering NIN on the basement tapes.

    The other one isn't too bad actually

  4. #334
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    The head like a hole cover sounds like Bob Dylan and the Band covering NIN on the basement tapes.

    The other one isn't too bad actually
    Hahahaha for me the first one sounds like Bob dylan doing some kind of funky for a porn movie

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cornwall, Ontario
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon View Post
    Front page of nin.com just changed. It features an in-depth interview of Trent with Lizzy Goodman. Good read.
    When I was reading the interview it just cuts off before it’s done.
    Anyone else having this problem?

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    1,773
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Some NIN/TR mentions on BBC 6 Music breakfast show this morning. TR described as "Industrial mega-god with biceps that look like Volkswagens trying to park"

    next week Lauren Laverne is interviewing them (not sure which day that's going out on, it's not noted in the schedule). Snippet of that interview talking about the Jesus & Mary Chain and some stuff about what they're trying to do with the NIN live show: sloppy playing with an element of unpredictability and danger, setlist changing frequently for the band's-interests-sake

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,893
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post

    next week Lauren Laverne is interviewing them (not sure which day that's going out on, it's not noted in the schedule). Snippet of that interview talking about the Jesus & Mary Chain and some stuff about what they're trying to do with the NIN live show: sloppy playing with an element of unpredictability and danger, setlist changing frequently for the band's-interests-sake
    That'll make a welcome and refreshing change from Zane Lowe

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by becomingtom View Post
    When I was reading the interview it just cuts off before it’s done.
    Anyone else having this problem?
    I had the same problem when I was reading it in my phone, I could only read the full interview in my laptop.

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    a bit off topic, but I was at today's gig and I noticed the same thing, the song structure was very familiar although the sounds were a lot more industrial than nin. Definitely a band to check out, and don't forget the HTDA remix they did a while ago
    and now they are opening for NIN in los angeles, in december

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    A few reviews. AllMusic sounds more positive than its 3 1/2 stars would suggest: https://www.allmusic.com/album/bad-witch-mw0003185404

    Spin says it's a "strangely tentative gesutre" even though it's easily one of the strangest non-remix albums by NIN; I hated this one: https://www.spin.com/2018/06/nine-in...-witch-review/

    Chicago Tribune gives it 2 1/2 out of 4 stars: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...622-story.html

    So yeah, not the glowing reviews I was hoping for. What would you expect for such an unusual release, I guess? Also no reviews of the whole trilogy yet.

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    A few reviews. AllMusic sounds more positive than its 3 1/2 stars would suggest: https://www.allmusic.com/album/bad-witch-mw0003185404

    Spin says it's a "strangely tentative gesutre" even though it's easily one of the strangest non-remix albums by NIN; I hated this one: https://www.spin.com/2018/06/nine-in...-witch-review/

    Chicago Tribune gives it 2 1/2 out of 4 stars: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...622-story.html

    So yeah, not the glowing reviews I was hoping for. What would you expect for such an unusual release, I guess? Also no reviews of the whole trilogy yet.
    I've been seeing positive reviews from other blogs and large publications, though. Also, SPIN's directly referencing and linking the audio of detained children at the Mexican border will seem extremely strange and weird in hindsight...

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    NIN Spotting 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I've been seeing positive reviews from other blogs and large publications, though. Also, SPIN's directly referencing and linking the audio of detained children at the Mexican border will seem extremely strange and weird in hindsight...
    Yeah, I saw positive ones at first, too, so I thought, "Oh, wow, critics are gonna love this one just like ETS seems to!" and these are all strangely lukewarm to negative.

    SPIN's review is bafflingly bad. Like, early 2000s Pitchfork level of discussing irrelevant shit and spending half the review talking about the album/EP debate, and yet they manage to even misinterpret that. The guys just wanted it to be at the top of Spotify et al. NBD.

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Reviews are for people who donít want to buy a record.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I normally don't put too much stock in them but I really loved this whole trilogy and especially Bad Witch and was kind of hoping based on the early reviews that TR & AR would get some extra love. What can ya do.

Posting Permissions