Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I don't know if this was ever reported on before, probably was, but I was watching a video for the band "Lead into Gold" (which happen's to be ex-ministry bassist Paul Barker's side project) because this band will be opening for ohGr on their upcoming tour, and I was curious as to what their music was like and to my surprise, Trent Reznor was featured in the video playing guitar. The best shots of him are 3:35-3:40. Oh, and would you look at that, just noticed the thumbnail to the video is him as well!

I then went to Wikipedia to read up on this band and this is what it had to say:

In the video for "Faster Than Light", Nine Inch Nails' vocalist Trent Reznor can be seen playing the guitar. He was rumored to have been in the area for the "Head Like a Hole" video shoot when he made his cameo.
    Once again, I apologize if this is old news, but I found it fascinating!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, this has been posted before, but it's still cool. I'm guessing the guys that did the videos for "Head Like A Hole" and "Down In It" did that video as well since there's some similar visual motifs that pop up in all three videos.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'm guessing the guys that did the videos for "Head Like A Hole" and "Down In It" did that video as well since there's some similar visual motifs that pop up in all three videos.
    Yes, absolutely. H-Gun Labs out of Chicago. They also did stuff for Ministry and RevCo in the years before, which, I imagine, is probably how Trent knew of them and selected them for the first NIN videos.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor reflects on telling fan to ‘suck his entire cock’
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/trent...e-cock-2352514

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    This isn’t a particularly great spotting, but I was very excited to see that my local film festival, (in El Paso), is playing Beside You In Time, for free.

I own it, of course, but I’m still going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I apologize if this company’s shirts have been posted here before but I thought this was interesting..

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bie_SZGj...=16rhyrj9uzg1o

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjnG2MQj...=16igwd5eiay3v

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I heard some more NIN in the TNT series Animal Kingdom. Last season it was Less Than, this time it's The Background World in season 3 near the end of episode 7.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    ^Poor Kevin Hodson. He spent "several hundred dollars" on tickets (which means he bought from StubHub or did reserved VIP) and was upset he & his wife didn't hear "Closer" or HLAH. If only he had purchased tickets for Friday instead of Saturday.

I understand being disappointed with a setlist or a show that is rote instead of something inspired by the moment. However, if you're going to the trouble of seeing an artist perform live - I would think you're there for the entirety of a show and not just a couple of songs out of a catalog that spans 28 years.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So as a diehard, do I get to complaint that I have seen NIN 8+ times and have yet to hear "the deep cuts" that I want to hear? What makes his gripe any more valid about hearing the "hits" than my gripe about not hearing the obscure song? Dude, enjoy the concert for what it is... you get to see one of the greatest, if not the greatest (IMO) musician in the past 30+ years.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    This can't be serious.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2018

Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    dude, enjoy the concert for what it is... You get to see one of the greatest, if not the greatest (imo) musician in the past 30+ years.
    qotd ❤️

Who’s gonna be the greatest hits enforcer? 4chan? I don’t get how we can require anything from any artist.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Kevin Hodson is surely either billpulsipher or Quantum550.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2018

I remember hearing a lot of complaints in the women’s restroom after night 1 about the same thing. And here I was excited that we got a different set list without those hits. I realize it’s different because I’ve seen them many, many times and have heard those songs regularly but I have never left a NIN show and complained. You got a great show either way. You can’t please everyone...
    Last edited by Nellyrific; 07-11-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That is one of the most absurd headlines I've ever read. No, an artist should not be required to do anything other than show up and play music. That's it. Anything else is up to them 100%.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

so essentially he wants to be able to do this. fuck him and his entitled attitude.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post

so essentially he wants to be able to do this. fuck him and his entitled attitude.
    Yep. He was probably the drunk guy screaming "Head Like a Hooooooole" during Something I Can Never Have or something. I HATE people that do that shit. Zero fucking respect.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I know this is going off topic of "NIN spotting" but fuck that guy, and anyone like him.
    He obviously paid scalper prices (even VIP wasn't even close to that much, I got one and it was like $40 more than normal ticket price). Who pays that much, goes to a show that's a special show, when they only know 2 songs... and then to complain...
    I would have gladly paid scalper prices for the setlist he got. If I could have afforded the change in flight back, I would have stayed and done just that.
    We gripe about setlists all the time, but to be honest, Trent could play my least favorite 20-some songs and I would still have an amazing time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I heard some more NIN in the TNT series Animal Kingdom. Last season it was Less Than, this time it's The Background World in season 3 near the end of episode 7.
    Loved the use of that song. A sick part of me was hoping they played the full 11 minutes of looped outro, with a repeated scene slowly deteriorating into nothing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notsoprettynow View Post
    sorry i didnt check if this has been brought out before. but in my neighbourhood (neukölln) there have been this posters since more than a week. waiting at a busstation i had the chance to make a picture this tuesday.

p.s.: there are more of them at pannierstrasse. thats where the big m29-bus (doubledecker) drives thru neukölln/kreuzberg/mitte.
    i havent seen any of these posters elsewhere in berlin
    I saw this while walking around Mitte last week. Was in town for the Berlin show (terrible venue) & the Pearl Jam show a few days later. Saw a similar poster on a wall in Hamburg also.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Great, i will keep you updated as I will be updated.
    So i've been told just ... "tokyo", I know that you love to doubt and cry, but the thing is I know the band really well, and... that's not like if they weren't already just did the exact same thing a few weeks ago !
    Now about that story this would be a festival tour... I don't really know about sonic mania but seeing the planning ... that day it starts at 22:00 instead of 09:00 ? yeah it doesnt look like a festival at all to me.... (as most of other dates)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    So i've been told just ... "tokyo", I know that you love to doubt and cry, but the thing is I know the band really well, and... that's not like if they weren't already just did the exact same thing a few weeks ago !
    Now about that story this would be a festival tour... I don't really know about sonic mania but seeing the planning ... that day it starts at 22:00 instead of 09:00 ? yeah it doesnt look like a festival at all to me.... (as most of other dates)
    At this point I'm not defending or blaming any side, just really interested in knowing the truth myself.
    22:00 start sounds legit, as it will likely go through the whole night. Here's last year schedule for reference: http://www.summersonic.com/2017/time...onicmania.html

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    At this point I'm not defending or blaming any side, just really interested in knowing the truth myself.
    22:00 start sounds legit, as it will likely go through the whole night. Here's last year schedule for reference: http://www.summersonic.com/2017/time...onicmania.html
    Oh... yeah strange, well we'll see also band keep mentionning "being chosen" so it may be a competition. It may also be a new date ?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Ok, which one of you is making these videos?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    https://www.alternativenation.net/a-...leeding-floor/

"A Perfect Circle guitarist Billy Howerdel discussed being Trent Reznor’s guitar tech on Nine Inch Nails’ The Downward Spiral tour in a new Live Nation video."

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Metal w/Gary Numan from LV

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Need more videos like this.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So the on stage camera work wasn't just for the screens. Awesome!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    My Ticket Home released a cover of "We're in This Together" today. It's better than I expected:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/0bgmb...SwWwHzpKbg6SLg

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    My Ticket Home released a cover of "We're in This Together" today. It's better than I expected:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/0bgmb...SwWwHzpKbg6SLg
    I love that they tried to replicate that weird ass snare.