Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1520

Thread: Trump 2018

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Im pissed off that he gave Putin exactly what he wanted and has always wanted..to be seen as equals..giving him a SUMMIT implies Russia is a superpower, people were treating this meeting as if it were of equals as if it were the 1987 Gorbachev Reagan meeting.
    I did not agree with calling the meeting with Kim Jong Un a summit either.

Russia has a smaller economy than Italy, capital flight out of the country is huge they have a low birth rate and the amount of people leaving the country is a massive problem. it spent less on its military last year than UK or France.

I agree the meeting is big as the amount of toxic shit that has gone down between the two countries since the last ' summit' is immense. ive never seen them this bad, and there are a LOT of issues to resolve. but yeah ive never for a second bought into this Russian might bullshit. the US is offering to supply Europe with energy anyway.
    the one exception is regards to its Nuclear stockpile, it has an immense nuclear stockpile, that is the one thing that misleads people into thinking its something its not.

its just behaved like a dick the past few years, but its out of an immense inferiority complex and sense of loss that Is why it has been behaving this way, its mostly going to backfire, Putin is the one who will go down as having truly lost Ukraine after hundreds of years.
    I was thinking this weekend: What happens when Putin dies? As I understand it, his entire power base is that he knows everything about everyone and that's what keeps the oligarchs in line but if he's gone and they are no longer afraid of him...what happens?

Also what kind of power vacuum would that create?

EDIT:

Fox News: Former President Barack Obama wants to start Civil War 2!
    Last edited by allegate; Yesterday at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    i find this commentary interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySZvUCFR4tk
    -louie

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i still have a bizarre fascination with trump supporters, like how much they defend him, and why. he's really done nothing for anything considered his base. look i know people want to be different, people defend all kinds of things i feel are undependable, like nickle-back,or being involved in computers especially Linux and refusing to use a command line line language like bash or even vi, i just don't get it
    -Louie
    Have you ever seen the "Prayers to Trump" subreddit? It's fascinating, a lot of Trump supporters tweet at him like they know him and like he's gonna personally intercede on his behalf. It's so very odd.

A few examples of the prayers to Trump

Last edited by eachpassingphase; Yesterday at 12:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    why are these "prayers for Trump" blocking out the names of the posters? How is Trump going to know where to send the Chevy truck if he can't see who asked for it?

also... how is this tweet real?!?!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonal...112640?lang=en
    Last edited by Jinsai; Yesterday at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Trump Now Says He Accepts U.S. Intelligence Reports on Russian Election Meddling

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Tuesday said he “accepts” the conclusion of his own intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the 2016 election, just one day after he appeared to believe President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia and Mr. Putin’s “powerful” denial during a summit in Helsinki, Finland.
    Talks big when he's out of grabbing distance, I guess.

Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Even when reading that prepared walk-back statement he couldn’t stop himself from ad-libbing “it could be other people also”

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Nope, he can't help himself.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I. AM. NOT. A TRUMP SUPPORTER.

Okay? Really. This is the last time i'm going to say it. I facepalmed you because of your "stolen seat" comment. No, i will not discuss it with you, because as i learned the last time i tried to discuss anything with most of you, you've already tuned me out and stereotyped me. I facepalmed, and i moved on. Simple. No subtext, no snark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch McConnell
    One of my proudest moments was when I looked at Barack Obama in the eye and I said, "Mr. President, you will not fill this Supreme Court vacancy."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch McConnell
    The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vavancy should not be filled until we have a new President.
    The latter was literally the day Justice Scalia died. Really. The day he died - over half a year before the election - Mitch McConnell said in black and white that he would not even consider allowing a vote for the next Justice.

So please, I ask you as one rational person to another, explain how the seat occupied by Neil Gorsuch was not stolen by Mitch McConnell and the Republican party. By what logic was that not theft?

Mentioned
    756 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    So please, I ask you as one rational person to another, explain how the seat occupied by Neil Gorsuch was not stolen by Mitch McConnell and the Republican party. By what logic was that not theft?
    It was stolen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The latter was literally the day Justice Scalia died. Really. The day he died - over half a year before the election - Mitch McConnell said in black and white that he would not even consider allowing a vote for the next Justice.

It was theft, plain and simple. Turtle McFucknuts (McConnell) had a severe problem with a Democratic President. I don't know if it was divisive politics or just that Mitch is a racist piece of shit, but his insistence from the get-go that his goal was to make Obama a "one-term President" speaks volumes. For him to deny even a hearing for Garland, in accordance with his very public statements, makes it abundantly clear that he wanted to hijack Scalia's replacement until after the election in the hope that Trump would prevail.

McConnell plays the game very well, but he is still a fucking asshole and there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that he alone stole a seat on the Supreme Court for the Republicans. I'm not sure how anyone with access to the facts could come to a different conclusion.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It was stolen.
    Holy crap, welcome back. We've missed you 'round these parts.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Holy crap, welcome back. We've missed you 'round these parts.
    ditto
    -louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajoobatron View Post
    It was theft, plain and simple. Turtle McFucknuts (McConnell) had a severe problem with a Democratic President. I don't know if it was divisive politics or just that Mitch is a racist piece of shit, but his insistence from the get-go that his goal was to make Obama a "one-term President" speaks volumes. For him to deny even a hearing for Garland, in accordance with his very public statements, makes it abundantly clear that he wanted to hijack Scalia's replacement until after the election in the hope that Trump would prevail.

McConnell plays the game very well, but he is still a fucking asshole and there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that he alone stole a seat on the Supreme Court for the Republicans. I'm not sure how anyone with access to the facts could come to a different conclusion.
    just read an article that i failed to bookmark that he had been briefed on the extent of the russain hack and influence on the 2016 election but covered it up. which would make sense to block the seat because he knew a republican would win. also Kennedy maid a deal to retire. what scares me is the right has this win by any means necessary rob lie, cheat, steal. we are doing nothing about what happened or anything to prevent it from happening again.
    -louie

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Huh, there's no way these two things are related. That's just crazy talk.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    curious why you think that is a far reach?
    -Louie

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Sorry, dropped a tag there.

[/sarcasm]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegals_Program

Holy balls, I totally forgot that this happened. I wonder if they're related in any way?

Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    and they just prevented that NRA-linked spy from fleeing the country...

Oh yeah, and now Trump has reversed his walk-back again, now claiming that he doesn't believe that Russia is still meddling, thereby contradicting concrete claims from our intelligence.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Huh, there's no way these two things are related. That's just crazy talk.