Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    They all signed a two-year deal a couple days ago, this is just smoke and mirrors to make the Porter abuse scandal go away.
    I think it was Chris Mathews that said "if you want to know how to be on the right side of an issue, look at what Donald Trump is supporting and support the opposite".

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    They all signed a two-year budget deal a couple days ago, this is just smoke and mirrors to make the Porter abuse scandal go away.

And what about the Russia sanctions?
    dog ate the sanctions
    -Louie

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    They all signed a two-year budget deal a couple days ago, this is just smoke and mirrors to make the Porter abuse scandal go away.

And what about the Russia sanctions?
    I was under the impression that, while yes, you're correct, that a lot of provisions (like the SNAP changes and the infrastructure boost) weren't final yet, just proposals; unless I'm missing something and the Trump budget and the Congress budget are two separate things?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I was under the impression that, while yes, you're correct, that a lot of provisions (like the SNAP changes and the infrastructure boost) weren't final yet, just proposals; unless I'm missing something and the Trump budget and the Congress budget are two separate things?
    Yes, the two-year budget was passed, so this new shit is new shit that is two years down the road useless shit

(Diversion)
    Last edited by allegro; 02-13-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ahhhh, I get it.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Yeah but Congress insiders are saying it’s DOA. CONGRESS decides budget stuff, not the President. Doing something like this, ESPECIALLY during a midterm year, is political suicide.

My mom has senior citizens in her building (over 70) who net less than $950 per month in Social Security, and they make “too much” for SNAP, so they have to rely on local food banks and the kindness of neighbors.

Anyway, the whole thing has Grinch Mnuchin written all over it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdKrassen...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    When you say "doing something like this is political suicide," are you saying that the PROPOSAL is suicide?
    Because i really hope that's the case.
    Unfortunately, i'd imagine that you mean PASSING such a budget would be suicide.

This has pushed me to the fucking edge. I am SO FUCKING SICK of poor white people thinking Donald Trump gives a fuck about them.
    This fucking asshole, i swear to god: he knows full well that he wouldn't be president if it weren't for the poor, uneducated crackers he's fucking over, and i think that he probably thinks it's FUNNY.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    this "tip pooling" is a horrible idea, open's the door to discrimination, sexual harassment, favoritism, and worse, all those people screaming about Obama, destroying the country, trump militarily is. the budget is a huge joke. well will pay for those tax cuts. all social programs. destroying the environment, will only increase health care coasts. and you can't UN-mine things. the guy has no long vision. no nonintellectual curiosity. we usually don't the effect socails of presidential policy until about a year after they are out of office. and it's going to get bad really bad. the tax cuts were a super bad idea. again not thought out. we are going to see huge inflation. fed can't raise interest rates because he markets are to unstable. we will have, recession 2.0 and due to the tax cuts no social safety net. you might even have to pee in a cup to get your unemployment check. I hope i'm wrong but.. we'll see. to much fox to many republicans issue to much plutocracy, time for a revolution
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 02-14-2018 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling, grammer the other s&P

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think I get what he thinks he's doing: trying to block people from spending food stamps on luxury items, that's my guess. Because beggars cant be choosers, right? *rolls eyes* But even if that's the case, and that's looking at it in the most favorable light possible, making a government built food box is just an absolutely terrible idea. Different people have different nutritional needs, and no pre-built box is going to satisfy those requirements. Plus the fact that no matter how you present something to someone, if they don't have a taste for it, they won't eat it. Not to mention people on specialized diets like vegans. It's just an awful idea.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I think I get what he thinks he's doing: trying to block people from spending food stamps on luxury items, that's my guess. Because beggars cant be choosers, right? *rolls eyes* But even if that's the case, and that's looking at it in the most favorable light possible, making a government built food box is just an absolutely terrible idea. Different people have different nutritional needs, and no pre-built box is going to satisfy those requirements. Plus the fact that no matter how you present something to someone, if they don't have a taste for it, they won't eat it. Not to mention people on specialized diets like vegans. It's just an awful idea.
    not to mention distribution, would make the postal service look tiny. will never happen, again the idiot is not smart, he immediately says "thay the he thinks he's base will like" without any thought, like a border wall. who's putting these boxes together? were are food subsides used most, the word food stamp is antiquated and misrepresents the food program. wall mart and target. who are not going to see that income stream go away.
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 02-14-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: plurals not just for breakfast anymore

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Or you could stop being so obsessively hateful and try to do something politically constructive, because frankly, your angst about the man is exhausting.
    ...and then Demogorgon pranced off into the sunset, making the world a better place.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Good point, @Louie_Cypher . Distribution would be an absolute nightmare. There already aren't enough USPS workers to go around. What next: privatize it? Even worse, because then there's even less oversight. Late food boxes, delayed by weather conditions, arriving after the expiration, mishandled and mistreated by delivery folks... the list can go on.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    ...and then Demogorgon pranced off into the sunset, making the world a better place.
    *shrug* whatever. Next!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    *shrug* whatever. Next!
    Hey, stop being so politically constructive! It's exhausting!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Hey, stop being so politically constructive! It's exhausting!
    Bad bait. Are you done?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Good point, @Louie_Cypher . Distribution would be an absolute nightmare. There already aren't enough USPS workers to go around. What next: privatize it? Even worse, because then there's even less oversight. Late food boxes, delayed by weather conditions, arriving after the expiration, mishandled and mistreated by delivery folks... the list can go on.
    Yup, it all sounds like a freaking Frankenfood nightmare.

You can’t spend SNAP benefits on “luxury” items. SNAP recipients also receive special coupons and discounts that help their SNAP card money go a lot farther at certain grocery stores or when they buy certain products; when you get very little money in monthly food benefits, you tend to want to stretch that money as far as it can go.

http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=30357

SNAP benefits can be used to buy:
    any food or food product for human consumption,
    seeds and plants for use in home gardens to produce food.

SNAP benefits cannot be used to buy:
    Hot foods ready to eat
    Food intended to be heated in the store
    Lunch counter items or foods to be eaten in the store
    Vitamins or medicines
    Pet foods,
    Any nonfood items (except seeds and plants)
    Alcoholic beverages,
    Tobacco
    The Trump team excuses are alleged “cost savings,” but they are stupid and impossible:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nancyhu.../#6ebe075a6a0c
    Last edited by allegro; 02-14-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I guess when I mentioned luxury items, I was mistaking the federal program for state level programs. Here in Ohio, whatever the food stamp program they use is, it frequently is accepted at restaurants. The other primary complaint is people using stamps to buy piles of steaks rather than healthy food for their kids. Course, Ohio is drowning in meth and heroin, so, there are plenty of problems to go around already.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 02-14-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    SNAP here is a lifesaver. At our public market, you can buy tokens. If you use your benefits to buy them, every $5 token comes with an additional $2 voucher. So you not only get a 40% bonus, but prices on most foods there are significantly cheaper than grocery stores, even Aldi. So it is far, far more efficient to do your own shopping there.

I've seen people give my better half the absolute worst look in the world when using benefits - on rare occasions - to buy salmon or a small steak. But her medical situation is so messed up that there are very few things she can eat that actually provide her with the nutrition she desperately needs, and sometimes that's all her stomach can handle. Thankfully, she's the type of person who will absolutely tell someone off in the middle of a store if she feels she's being judged.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Oh, and my favorite comment about the DemoMemo so far:

Right. It had NOTHING to do with the Democrats intentionally loading the document with actual classified material so they could bitch about the redactions. It would take a complete simpleton to not see through that trick

You know, because the FBI didn't object to anything at all that was in the Republican memo. The FBI very eagerly said "yup, nothing of concern there, go ahead and release it as-is".

Oh....wait.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Saw Rosenstein’s announcement on TV earlier today, HOLY shit. This is crazy. Unbelievable.

My husband and I will spend Date Night tonight with pizza, bubbly and Rachel Maddow.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Former U.S. Attorney now on Meet the Press with Chuck Todd, saying of course not likely that Russia will extradite these people but the details of the indictment are to make one thing clear:

We were attacked

Now we need to observe how our President reacts. So far, all he says is “NO COLLUSION.” He does not seem to care that we were in fact attacked. And are still being attacked.

The President is more worried about his not being seen as the legitimate candidate than responding to this situation.

Trump is the Manchurian Candidate.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, Mormon Mitt Romney may be popular in Utah because he’s a Mormon, and he looks good now in comparison to the Cheetoh, but let’s not forget Romney’s 47% quote and that when Romney found out he’d lost, he canceled the fireworks and put a stop on all the campaign workers’ credit cards and hotel accounts and stiffed them all with their bills for that night, and then the frog legs dinner with Trump to see if he could get the Secretary of State gig; Romney is a spineless sore loser coward.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Simple and to the point tweet of the day:

President Trump should be embarrassed by the Russia allegations. It's clear from today's indictment that Russia thought the best way to destabilize the United States was to elect Donald Trump.
    I also love @allegro 's analysis that he so far seems to be more concerned about just going "see guys I didn't do it" and proving his opponents wrong than acknowledging that the entire country's election was attacked by an unfriendly foreign nation - and that the attack worked.And not only is that his mentality so far, but his supporters don't care either. They don't care that Russia interfered. This doesn't even feel real. This feels like something I would only ever read in a novel.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    or just maybe, mayyyyyybe, the primary reason he's blathering about how he had nothing to do with it and knew nothing about it is because he's a liar and there's a video of hookers pissing on him.

And yes, he's the Manchurian candidate, either way.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Emma Gonzalez, a student at the high school at Parkland just laid the smackdown on Dumb Man, the Republican Party, and the NRA: https://shareblue.com/teen-who-survi...onal-takedown/

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    or just maybe, mayyyyyybe, the primary reason he's blathering about how he had nothing to do with it and knew nothing about it is because he's a liar and there's a video of hookers pissing on him.

And yes, he's the Manchurian candidate, either way.
    It drives me crazy that this isn't the world's default assumption

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    well just as expected the idiot begins his smear campaign on the FBI, will getting called out by students @ park side, I fell like mueller is closing in. the indictment of the 13. sends a strong message. We will go into Putin's back yard. also puts focus back on the meddling. in chess to win you control the center of the board. I don't believe cheato emphasis on the cheat or those around him are smart enough to pull this off.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    So of course, Don has now blamed the latest school shooting on...you guessed it...the Russia investigation. In one tweet, he says it's too bad the FBI missed the signs (which is true), then immediately says that the FBI is spending too much time on Russia - clearly implying that latter is the cause of the former.

...does he know that the FBI is more than like six people at cubicles and that different people have different jobs? That the two things have literally nothing to do with one another? And tragic as the shooting is, does he really think that investigating what has now been pretty clearly proven to be actual election meddling from a hostile nation is a waste of time?

GF applied for a job in eastern Canada last week. I'm not much for praying, but...I'm praying she gets it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    his, response surprises absolutely no one. will be the on-going narrative on square head sponge pants hannity for the next three weeks. The bigger story is incontrovertible evidence of Russian meddling. and the indictment of the 13. which got about zero news time. Cheetos silence on the matter. expect to see some Russian operatives suddenly disappeared.
    -Louie