Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49
Results 1,441 to 1,467 of 1467

Thread: Trump 2018

  1. #1441
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,030
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I love @Seth Abramson 's thread about this: https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...07929045635072

    Of note: The Kremlin DIRECTLY RESPONDED to Trump's public call to try to get Clinton's "missing" emails WITHIN HOURS of him making the request—WITHIN HOURS. Either Trump was coordinating OR he KNEW he had sufficient pull with the Russians that his words could have this sort of effect.

  2. #1442
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    333
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I've been thinking more and more about this and doing a lot of reading. There were exit polls with huge discrepancies compared to the actual results. There is proof that they've attempted to hack the companies that make the voting machine software. He was polling so terribly before the election. The electronic voting results have been hacked in other countries. I don't think he really won.

    I also think Mueller knows he didn't win, and has told a few people in congress, who are keeping it quiet because they know the chaos that would result if the public knew. Trump himself would decry it fake news, and the country would likely erupt in a civil war, caught between those who think he's not legitimately president and those who think it's fake news/witch hunt.

    That could explain the Republicans stance of letting everything he does go. If they're looking at their options as Trump or an all out civil war, that might explain why they're letting him get away with so much crap.

    I think he lost, and I think they know that.

  3. #1443
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,520
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    It's also curious that he won every swing state he needed to, even though he was projected to lose them all... but I digress... who knows, the timing of everything today is insane. If Trump goes ahead with his private one on one with Putin at this point, fuck everyone who doesn't have an issue with it

  4. #1444
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,030
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's also curious that he won every swing state he needed to, even though he was projected to lose them all... but I digress... who knows, the timing of everything today is insane. If Trump goes ahead with his private one on one with Putin at this point, fuck everyone who doesn't have an issue with it

  5. #1445
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,520
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Well, fuck Sarah Sanders... but come on Republicans!!! Aren't you the "party of Reagan?!?!" Nobody should be ok with this.

  6. #1446
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    943
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well, fuck Sarah Sanders... but come on Republicans!!! Aren't you the "party of Reagan?!?!" Nobody should be ok with this.
    Yes, these are the people that fear monger about socialism but are in bed with the communists.

  7. #1447
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    not enough eyerolls in this world for you
    So, DC and I are veeeeeery different people. I'm a queer woman who struggles with mental illness (though I'm white, cis, able-bodied, and at this stage of my life, middle class, and that contributes to a hell of a lot of privilege). My politics are closer to democratic socialism than anything else. I'm pro-identity politics and unions and all the things.

    And I think there is a reasonable point within that quote from DC, though I disagree with most of what he posts. I can guarantee you that he and I disagree drastically about what constitutes "legitimate gripes" and that he'd likely dismiss most of what I think are.

    Shit right now is really fucking bad. And that takes a toll on people. Striving for objectivity and managing our energy isn't detracting from shit being really fucking bad. And I even believe people are entitled to just like... vent and be stressed. So when I say "manage our energy" hey nobody misinterpret that as me saying calm down, thanks. I'm talking about like, caring for ourselves and each other.

    Like, the cake thing, since that didn't lead to a pointless adventure in semantics: Yes, it was a narrow ruling. Yes, it is a symptom of a political climate that can and will and has had catastrophic consequences for queer people. To be hurt, and angry about another chip in the edifice of queer people being regarded as full people in this country is incredibly understandable.

    But also, to the publishers, to the people sharing the information, there is a responsibility to not frame that shit as "huge blow to gay rights, supreme court just said doing this is totally cool now" because someone is gonna see that, and their stomach is gonna drop, and they're gonna be terrified. Not because it chips away, but because they're having a gut reaction to something that was presented in full severity, inaccurately. Shit is bad enough. Doing that is harmful. I can't fathom that being viewed as fine.

    And I'm over here saying it's a thing humans on any side of the issue are almost universally guilty of (just like collective outrage, doxxing, shit like that) at some point, but I care more about people who share my views trying to be careful that we know where the information we're sharing comes from and that we're not creating more fear than we need when shit is already terrifying.

    Someone said (on tumblr, probably) that "we're well past 'first they came for'" and I agree with that.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 07-13-2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: also I just quoted the end of your thingy, that wasn't me being antagonistic or taking that as aimed at me, I like ya

  8. #1448
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,347
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    So, DC and I are veeeeeery different people. I'm a queer woman...
    Oh GODDAMNIT. I thought you were a queer MAN.
    And now that I think about it, I knew you were a woman at one point but forgot.

    Fuck. I'm 99% certain I've called you dude, man, and or bro in the past: please forgive me!!! :/

  9. #1449
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Oh, I like gender-variant forms of address, it's fine.

  10. #1450
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,347
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Oh, I like gender-variant forms of address, it's fine.
    thank god!

  11. #1451
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Posts
    1,842
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Welp, it looks like Trump is about to cut health care protections for trans people. Which means that gender reassignment surgery may not ever happen for me and for tens of thousands of trans people. And doctors and hospitals will legally be able to discriminate against us again.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/21/u...ion%2Fpolitics
    Last edited by theruiner; 07-13-2018 at 10:52 PM.

  12. #1452
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,520
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Fucking Roger Stone can't lie his way out of this... he was too sloppy. I remember him admitting on right wing radio that he'd never be able to serve on Trump's administration; "too many skeletons in my closet." He's a hatchet man that traffics in providing plausible deniability

  13. #1453
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,347
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Fucking Roger Stone can't lie his way out of this... he was too sloppy. I remember him admitting on right wing radio that he'd never be able to serve on Trump's administration; "too many skeletons in my closet." He's a hatchet man that traffics in providing plausible deniability
    dude have you seen Get Me Roger Stone?

    That guy is a bad motherfucker.

    He is evil and proud of it.

  14. #1454
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,520
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    dude have you seen Get Me Roger Stone?

    That guy is a bad motherfucker.

    He is evil and proud of it.
    I haven't watched it yet... I'm trying to find that interview Roger Stone did around the election w/ KFI's John and Ken... he basically bragged about doing some shady shit for Trump, and now I can't seem to find it.

    I am pretty sure THIS isn't it... It feels like that interview has been scrubbed, but I gotta listen through this again. Might be a good idea to capture it at this point...

    https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured...h-roger-stone/
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-13-2018 at 11:51 PM.

  15. #1455
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,347
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I haven't watched it yet... I'm trying to find that interview Roger Stone did around the election w/ KFI's John and Ken... he basically bragged about doing some shady shit for Trump, and now I can't seem to find it.

    I am pretty sure THIS isn't it... It feels like that interview has been scrubbed, but I gotta listen through this again. Might be a good idea to capture it at this point...

    https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured...h-roger-stone/
    DUDE.
    Watch it.
    He's Darth Fucking Vader.
    He has a back tattoo of nixon.
    He worships the dark side of shady politicians and he doesn't even try to hide it.
    It's fascinating.

  16. #1456
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,520
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Oh I know what an evil fucker he is... I guess I can stomach watching the doc

  17. #1457
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    2,754
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

  18. #1458
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,686
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Trump's presidency is illegitimate:

    https://www.salon.com/2018/07/14/tru...-illegitimate/

  19. #1459
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Bronx
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Trump's presidency is illegitimate:

    https://www.salon.com/2018/07/14/tru...-illegitimate/
    And his followers will continue to believe him when he inevitably continues to deny it. Unless the Democrats take back the majority in the House and Senate, he'll still get away with this.

  20. #1460
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,190
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    This whole twitter thread is great if you want some inside view of the security of both Hillary and Trump.

    https://twitter.com/dotmudge/status/...058070529?s=21

    It expands the detail of what we already know: Hillaryís team was absolute trash, which allowed the attacks. Trumpís team refused help from an expert just because he helped Hillary. The people who were and still are security advisors are trash.

  21. #1461
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,520
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)

  22. #1462
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    san fransisco
    Posts
    1,141
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    trump supporters remind me a lot of flat earthers no matter how much science logic and evidence you present to they still believe there is some conspiracy against them they totally push my troll button, I try to let it go, but inside i really hate to see people being duped scammed or taken advantage of just makes me sad inside.
    -Louie

  23. #1463
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Misery State
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    trump supporters remind me a lot of flat earthers no matter how much science logic and evidence you present to they still believe there is some conspiracy against them they totally push my troll button, I try to let it go, but inside i really hate to see people being duped scammed or taken advantage of just makes me sad inside.
    -Louie
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I HATE seeing people dump their hopes into somebody that I know is letting them down. It's not even a conservative vs. liberal thing. It's a "this dude doesn't give a crap about you, why are you defending him?" sort of thing.

    I see this with my family and it breaks my heart. I think as I get older I'm just realizing that people I genuinely respected and looked up to hold some really destructive and ridiculous views. Those things must have always been there to some extent, I guess I just didn't realize it until this election. Now all of a sudden my family members are trotting out some NASTY racist, sexist, homophobic ideas that I just didn't realize they had. And they all love Trump. People are complicated, and we all believe and espouse views that others would find unreasonable. I don't expect humans to be a moral or mental monolith: but come on!

    I'm not even talking about the folks that held their nose and voted Trump because they honestly believed they were between a rock and a hard place. I don't agree with that perspective, but I can get it. I'm talking about the ones who think he is their Lord and Savior. I can't think of any public figure I have been that enamored with in my whole life. That's something else entirely.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; Yesterday at 08:38 PM.

  24. #1464
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,520
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Anyone who held their nose and voted TRUMP... ok tell me about the horrifying fantasy scenario where Clinton would be fucking up on a level so extreme.... I think the “errrrg” frustration from those voters now is THEY KNOW they were wrong, but they’re the kind of assholes who can’t admit that sort of thing

  25. #1465
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Misery State
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Anyone who held their nose and voted TRUMP... ok tell me about the horrifying fantasy scenario where Clinton would be fucking up on a level so extreme.... I think the “errrrg” frustration from those voters now is THEY KNOW they were wrong, but they’re the kind of assholes who can’t admit that sort of thing
    I see a lot of that too. But I also see a lot of the "Trumpgret" as it is called on Reddit where people are openly admitting their regrets. Which makes me hopeful, but all that regret doesn't really matter if people aren't willing to take action to rectify it. A lot of people I see are willing to state they were wrong...but still don't want to protest, or critique him or the culture he's cultivated, etc. It's like they just want to not talk about it and make everyone pretend it never happened because they don't want to be uncomfortable with themselves and their choices for even for a minute.

    It's kind of like when a little kid breaks a lamp because they were playing ball in the house, tries to hide it, and when evidence of their mistake is no longer deniable will finally own up to it: but they DON'T want to discuss how their choices leading up to the event were actually the problem, and they DEFINITELY don't want to talk about forgoing allowance to make up for the mistake.

    Having regrets doesn't really carry the same weight as owning your mistake and moving forward in good faith with the intention of being a better citizen, which is what I would like to see more of. I'm torn between finding hope in baby steps and showing people some patience while also wanting to shake them and say "WE TOLD YOU HE WAS A FOOL, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?"

  26. #1466
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,190
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Anyone watching The Circus? I'm not sure how "real time" it is, but it's the first coverage of Trump news that I have found tolerable in a long time. I've only watched the most recent episode though.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5351176/

  27. #1467
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,520
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    so... is anyone else finding it INCREDIBLY FUCKING DISTURBING that most people seem to be pretty much alright with the fact that Donald Trump, president of the United States, is about to slink behind a curtain and chat with Putin privately, in the wake of a bombshell report detailing how Russians attacked our election with the obvious end-goal of electing him, as we head towards a mid term election that will determine the scope of the power he'll continue to wield?

    Like, this is kinda weird right?

Posting Permissions