Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

I suggest now would be a good time to lock the 2017 thread up, and keep the party going here! woo-hoo...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I would suggest we just drop the "2017" from the title and have one thread for the administration instead of breaking it up. Trump's already dividing America; don't let him divide ETS threads too!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    And rid the world of one of my best puns?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Can we subtitle this as MINUS YEAR ONE?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    How about Trump: 2018--the resignation.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    heard something interesting that he never thought he would get elected which is why he never showed his taxes it was all just an exercise in branding, the deal he made with the Russians he could get the money and never have to pay up. sorry I'm just s regular citizen, sorry Vlad.
    _louie

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    So apparently there's some kind of book coming out:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ook-highlights

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    So apparently there's some kind of book coming out:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ook-highlights
    yeah it’s been a crazy News day https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b0b0e5a7a9fe93

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/0...ww.google.com/

@theimage13 : Manafort suit = typical legal defensive stuff

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...th-his-charges
    Last edited by allegro; 01-03-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Some highlights (lowlights) from the new book:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...m_npd_ms_fb_ma

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Sessions HATES pot, but this could spark an uprising that will lead to his demise:

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/politi...emo/index.html

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Republicans: All about States Rights until it's something they don't like.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Deficits matter, until we raise them, then they don't.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    A good quote taken from twitter: "'Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, then get elected and prove it' - P.J. O'Rourke"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    When this presidency is over, whether by impeachment or in 2020, or after eight long years, we as a country are going to have to reflect and do some serious soul searching about our elected officials, our political parties, the entire election process, and how we have spoken about and treated one another throughout this entire joke of a political era. How our citizens either rallied behind a loud, pathetic, and ludicrous figurehead who personified and gave voice to their fears of social, racial, progressive, and political issues, however misinformed, or bitched and moaned behind a computer screen or phone or tablet while complaining to their echo chambers on social media and refusing to enact real protest and change, or those who were indifferent to voting in 2016 and remain indifferent because they feel that no matter what it's all the same bullshit. Unfortunately, judging from this article, we have yet to scratch the surface to the endless layers of bullshit that have yet to play out from our country's great mistake. And when our first real crisis plays out under this administration we will see in all its horrifying glory the utter incompetence that these so called political figures will display. Rest assured, this nonsense has only just begun.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    When this presidency is over, whether by impeachment or in 2020, or after eight long years, we as a country are going to have to reflect and do some serious soul searching about our elected officials, our political parties, the entire election process, and how we have spoken about and treated one another throughout this entire joke of a political era. How our citizens either rallied behind a loud, pathetic, and ludicrous figurehead who personified and gave voice to their fears of social, racial, progressive, and political issues, however misinformed, or bitched and moaned behind a computer screen or phone or tablet while complaining to their echo chambers on social media and refusing to enact real protest and change, or those who were indifferent to voting in 2016 and remain indifferent because they feel that no matter what it's all the same bullshit. Unfortunately, judging from this article, we have yet to scratch the surface to the endless layers of bullshit that have yet to play out from our country's great mistake. And when our first real crisis plays out under this administration we will see in all its horrifying glory the utter incompetence that these so called political figures will display. Rest assured, this nonsense has only just begun.
    If one buys into Generational Theory, then after Trump IS out of office, I imagine it'd be the end of the 4th turning that we are "in" and would restart the whole cycle again, leading the American society into a civilizational high after overcoming the crises.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    interesting if mercers and bannon mercers is the sorohs of the alt right they are done bye bi wont miss you at all!
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouOftenForget View Post
    A good quote taken from twitter: "'Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, then get elected and prove it' - P.J. O'Rourke"
    Also from O’Rourke:

“Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.”

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Crying, but not tears of joy...wow.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And thus, the Grand Wizard asks "where is my Roy Cohn?"

Roy Cohn is trending right now on Twitter and he's been dead for 32 years. Cohn was this asshole's personal lawyer/fixer until Cohn was diagnosed with AIDS and fired him. Cohn was a real piece of shit for anyone that knew what he's done during the 1950s witch hunt.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    used to really like p.j. with reptilian republican party and holidays in hell. then like Dennis miller he went right and like Dennis became unfunny. yeah i don't like anything that leans right, its the non thinking conflict first fuck the environment money first hypocrisy, look i try not to judge and not hate because that what the labels say, but my issues with right wing politics are the same i have with organized realigns.i always make my best effort to listen. but i have been wrong before and can safely say it will most likely happen again.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    used to really like p.j. with reptilian republican party and holidays in hell. then like Dennis miller he went right and like Dennis became unfunny. yeah i don't like anything that leans right, its the non thinking conflict first fuck the environment money first hypocrisy, look i try not to judge and not hate because that what the labels say, but my issues with right wing politics are the same i have with organized realigns.i always make my best effort to listen. but i have been wrong before and can safely say it will most likely happen again.
    -Louie
    P.J.was always a Libertarian, which I guess is considered right wing (fiscally conservative, socially liberal). He’s never been a Democrat or a Republican.

I read his book “Parliament of Whores” back in the 80s during Reagan, one of the funniest books I’ve ever read.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    When this presidency is over....we as a country are going to have to reflect and do some serious soul searching
    This is the sort of mentality that troubles me. "When it's over"? No, we need to be searching our souls long and deep RIGHT NOW. We should have been doing it back when a bullying trust fund baby with a decades-long history of fraud was given enough votes to gain the party's nomination. This never should have happened in a "civilized" nation.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    This is the sort of mentality that troubles me. "When it's over"? No, we need to be searching our souls long and deep RIGHT NOW. We should have been doing it back when a bullying trust fund baby with a decades-long history of fraud was given enough votes to gain the party's nomination. This never should have happened in a "civilized" nation.
    Is the west really as civilized as we once believed it to be?

We've got security theatre at airports. We've got a Hollywood full of sexual predators making movies that show good overcoming evil. We're the land of the free, as long as you're white and not demonstrating for BLM. We've got sexual harassment in almost every level of business. We've got a USA that has a mass shooting every few weeks. We've got reality TV shows making idiots famous for treating each other like crap. The USA has no decent health care. We've got a huge wealth gap between the top few and the bottom many. In Canada, we've got an MP who was just ousted because she claimed that the residential school system that ripped families apart did more good than bad.

If Trump has done one thing, it's to show me that the world I once believed was civilized is really far more rotten than I thought, and that politics had up until that point done a pretty good job of creating that illusion. The illusion is broken now though, at least for me.

We're now at a point where we need to make the west civilized. Not the illusion of civilized, but actually civilized.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Is the west really as civilized as we once believed it to be?

We've got security theatre at airports. We've got a Hollywood full of sexual predators making movies that show good overcoming evil. We're the land of the free, as long as you're white and not demonstrating for BLM. We've got sexual harassment in almost every level of business. We've got a USA that has a mass shooting every few weeks. We've got reality TV shows making idiots famous for treating each other like crap. The USA has no decent health care. We've got a huge wealth gap between the top few and the bottom many. In Canada, we've got an MP who was just ousted because she claimed that the residential school system that ripped families apart did more good than bad.

If Trump has done one thing, it's to show me that the world I once believed was civilized is really far more rotten than I thought, and that politics had up until that point done a pretty good job of creating that illusion. The illusion is broken now though, at least for me.

We're now at a point where we need to make the west civilized. Not the illusion of civilized, but actually civilized.
    I use the term to describe a country that (usually) has things like easy access to clean drinking water, indoor plumbing, public education, etc. I don't use it to describe our actions or values - if that were the case, then yeah, I'd say we've never really been civilized. We owned humans as property for a shocking amount of time, and then continued to tell people they couldn't even use the same fucking water fountain depending on their skin color until well into the 20th century - and now we still have laws that largely exist to create a way to oppress them. We still have "white pride" rallies. We still think the death penalty is a good thing. We still think that marijuana is more dangerous than mass-prescribed drugs that are killing people in record numbers. We still can't grasp the concept of feminism (simple equality of the sexes) and fear that it's a radical movement in which women want to cut our dicks off and take over the country. We treat corporations better than the actual human beings who make them successful. We worship the dollar above the health and future of the planet we live on. I could go on, but I'm getting sad just thinking about it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    watching everyone scramble about this book, which is doing what it is suppose to, sell books. watching "sir lies a lot" Sandra huckabee. saying it's 100% lies. even if you had 100 monkeys with typewriters in a room you're still going to just by luck hit on one or two facts, if that is the case this really scary that this thing was allowed into the O.O.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Can you imagine the government's response to 9/11 if it happened now? The world would be over in a flash.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think if we do reflect which i doubt will happen i think if people will find 1) we are not that smart2) how easily manipulate we are. even though we have access to more information than anytime in history 3) we have not caught up to the amount information we can receive and the ability to process it rationality. there are people i conciser intelligent that still get their news from Facebook wall or health advice dr Dr. OZ. without asking the simple question, what do they have to gain by giving me this information. I think you'll nost people that are disseminating info are doing as a form of manipulation i hope after the information age will understanding dawn. until then question everything!
    -Louie

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    watching everyone scramble about this book, which is doing what it is suppose to, sell books. watching "sir lies a lot" Sandra huckabee. saying it's 100% lies. even if you had 100 monkeys with typewriters in a room you're still going to just by luck hit on one or two facts, if that is the case this really scary that this thing was allowed into the O.O.
    -Louie
    I'm just overjoyed at how furious it's making Trump. Also, I thought it was fucking hilarious that he thought he could block it from being published, so I bought a copy. Unfortunately I couldn't find a printed copy... the guy at the Barnes and Noble said "sorry, it sold out in five minutes." So I bought a digital copy.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Anyone reading Trump's tweets this morning?