Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Hmm, could he have given Mueller something that was worthy of a deal to escape the heat? I just don't buy that devious looking shit is innocent in all of this but perhaps it's an issue of relevance or lack thereof with the investigation.
    I don't think those two things are related at all. You can buy your way out of prison time. You can't (in theory) buy your way in to Top Secret security clearance. I'm inclined to believe that if Mueller had heard anything that made it sound like Kushner was involved in something serious, there's no way he'd have that clearance restored. Yes, I could be wrong. But I like to hope that in this instance, I'm not. To me, this honestly makes me think that maybe he's cleaner than we'd previously been inclined to believe. Still kind of a despicable weasel, sure, but not a criminal.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Orange Diaper Baby canceled the summit, won’t get a Nobel Peace Prize and issued a “my dick is bigger” threat. MRGA!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I finally re-installed this Chrome extension on my new(ish) laptop today. I forgot how much easier it makes reading the news.

My personal choice was to replace "trump" with "Tiny Hands". Not outrageously derogatory or inherently offensive, but it just makes me chuckle when I see a Fox News headline that says Tiny Hands attacks so-and-so. For example, this is what Google News looks like on my computer right now.

It's the little things that get me through the day.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I finally re-installed this Chrome extension on my new(ish) laptop today. I forgot how much easier it makes reading the news.

My personal choice was to replace "trump" with "Tiny Hands". Not outrageously derogatory or inherently offensive, but it just makes me chuckle when I see a Fox News headline that says Tiny Hands attacks so-and-so. For example, this is what Google News looks like on my computer right now.

It's the little things that get me through the day.
    I'll use my tiny hands card

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    When buzzfeed - a website that asks you to rate Oreo flavors in order to guess your mental age - is a more credible and trustworthy source of White House affairs that the President himself...

I just don't have any words anymore. This isn't normal. This isn't right. The President's tweet has tens of thousands of likes and shares (probably more by now).

Look...all presidents have lied. It's politics. But this man literally has the country forming a new era of "listen to me, not the people who have been telling you the truth for 100 years". He's a cult leader. I'm scared for the future of this country. I want out, badly. I desperately hope that A) he's gone in 2020 and B) things go back to some form of rational thought very shortly thereafter. This feels like something out of a young adult dystopian future novel. This isn't your normal "I said I'll cut taxes but oops I didn't" type of lying. This is so much more dangerous. This is plunging us into some ridiculous third world anarchy territory, and I'm frightened that we won't right the ship before it tips over entirely.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnash...2P#.am9vGqQ0eE

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    the scary the for me is the precedents he sets the corruption is so blatant and in your face that it's not even covered anymore such as DOD frank was repealed or that the Koch brothers literally bought an office in the FCC the internet as we know it is dying the media from the right overwhelms any voice on the left and the democrats at are just a bunch of toothless yes men with a d attached to their name, there is so much over evaluations in the market right now and the feds can't touch the interest rates so it's coming and it's going to be epic. now i need to get back to rosining but my bow so I'll have some play while Rome goes up in flames
    -Louie

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Great post, @theimage13 .
    Which tweet are you referencing though?

Edit: the linked one I guess. Nevermind.
    I'm a Stable Genius.

Hey, peep this
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Dr. Joseph Gobbels, Minister of Propaganda, Nazi Germany

I'm beginning to believe that trump is NOT stupid and knows EXACTLY what the fuck he is doing, and it ain't good. He's realized that the truth really doesn't matter: feelings and allegiances do.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-27-2018 at 04:13 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Trump's tweeting, and WHAT....

"Who's going to give back the young and beautiful lives (and others) that have been devastated and destroyed by the phony Russia Collusion Witch Hunt? They journeyed down to Washington DC, with stars in their eyes and wanting to help our nation. They went home in tatters!"

Yeah... wide-eyed, innocent, rosy-cheeked Michael Flynn... all he wanted to do was help his nation that he loves so!

FUCK YOU!! FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK FUCK UFCCKI*NGLDLKDSHFOISDJFPLOSFJHDSPOFJDSFHDFOPHDSFPL :SFHSDOPF:JHFPSDF

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @Jinsai your head didn't blow up, scanners style, did it?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @Jinsai your head didn't blow up, scanners style, did it?
    I... I don't know anymore.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    wait... so Samantha Bee is actually apologizing for calling Ivanka Trump a "feckless cunt?"

Is it because most of the outraged people don't know what feckless means? I am fucking sick of the left in general for being too "whoops sorry!!!" when it comes to being offensive... and not just because of the hypocrisy on the side holding that accountable.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Trump wants to pardon Martha Stewart. "I think to a certain extent Martha Stewart was harshly and unfairly treated. And she used to be my biggest fan in the world … before I became a politician."

Wtf????

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Trump wants to pardon Martha Stewart. "I think to a certain extent Martha Stewart was harshly and unfairly treated. And she used to be my biggest fan in the world … before I became a politician."

Wtf????
    Please tell me this is a joke

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/31/u...za-pardon.html

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Wait, what? These news cycles are getting really hard to follow. First the Pusha T thing (which I still don't fully understand) and now this.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Wait, what? These news cycles are getting really hard to follow. First the Pusha T thing (which I still don't fully understand) and now this.
    I'm not saying I agree with their implication - I'm also not saying I don't - I'm just simply sharing one person's analysis of this "story".

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b03368a94e2be9

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Lost a decent amount of respect for Samantha Bee as a comedian for that tepid copypasta PR apology to Ivanka for calling her a 'feckless cunt.'

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    the right makes me chuckle with it's double standards they want Samantha "bee's head but the president can say grab the buy the pussy nugget, Roseanne and countless others can call hillary a cunt, no big deal tariffs go into effect Monday market is going plummet, adding to this his idiotic move against German auto makers and we could have a super disator i suggest you move your assets to crypt o currencies or your mattress
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'd love to see some actual stats on how many times Hillary (JUST Hillary, god knows they say that about a lot of Dem/Liberal/Progressive/Hollywood/not them women) was called a "cunt" or any variation thereof by the people complaining about Sam Bee.

Yeah, she shouldn't have said that. She shouldn't have given them fuel. I realize it was likely to point out a hypocrisy that they will never admit to. I know a lot of people are sick of the left being quick to apologize and play nice and all that, but this just wasn't a good move.
    No, vulgar language is not even close to the same level as racism. And the idea that "it's a slur against women, it's sexist, sexism is as bad as..." is just reaching, Sam Bee is a very outspoken feminist woman. She isn't sexist against women. It doesn't work that way.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Gee, I wonder why that's increased lately.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Lost a decent amount of respect for Samantha Bee as a comedian for that tepid copypasta PR apology to Ivanka for calling her a 'feckless cunt.'
    I had...and then Trump called for her firing, and I remembered how much worse he's said (and done). And you know what? I don't feel so bad about it anymore. We shouldn't make it a habit to fight fire with fire, but I think once in a great while, we can call a spade a spade (and given that tweet that Invanka put out that inspired Bee's commentary, I don't think it was an entirely undeserved criticism).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Something meta about Harry Seaward being upset about the word cunt.

Jesus.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Something meta about Harry Seaward being upset about the word cunt.
    No I'm upset that it was used in such a spooked, flinchey manner. If you're going to do that shit, own it.

This is one of the more transparent "Shit, I'm not sorry but I have to pretend to be" apologies yet.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Do we all realize the White House just now called for a privately-owned corporation to fire a media personality they employ that criticizes their political leaders, and quite possibly in retaliation for another network cancelling someone they liked? THAT IS TANTAMOUNT TO STATE CENSORSHIP. The actual ACTUAL censorship, not fake "I'm being CENSORED by the biased press!" censorship. Are we REALLY that disappointed with her for apologizing?

Also... what the FUCK just happened in that video up there?!? What questions did he field in those eight minutes between the two clips?

I feel like this is the beginning of the end.
    Last edited by botley; 06-01-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised or confused by why Bee apologized, it just felt empty and disingenuous... like a form of kowtowing, and we all know the hand wringing and apologizing isn't sincere, and it shouldn't be. She's doing it because her bosses told her to. I wish she'd stuck to it, but it probably would have come at the expense of her job.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I wouldn't have apologized. I would've said "I meant every fucking word I said". It seems like no one has balls to just tell it like it is. Right now, we're starting to live in a world that's becoming a Fascist state with our dictator pardoning this person and that person as a distraction and talk about fake news and all of that bullshit.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I don't know what I would have done @thevoid99. Let's be real here. The top brass almost certainly made a phone call, and said that if she doesn't apologize full stop, her show is cancelled.

Maybe she felt that having that show and the soap box it provides was worth more than doubling down on the use of the word "cunt." There's some things that are worth going down in flames over... I don't think standing behind the use of a word that has a pretty harmful historical implementation would have done her any favors in that position. She would have been known as the comedian who got fired for using that word, and meanwhile the Trump camp would have a bbq to celebrate shutting her up.

It's a shit situation either way, but I'd rather her still have her mouthpiece. It's like when Bill Maher got roasted for saying "work in the fields? Oh no sir, I'm a house n*****." The reference was to a line from Gone With the Wind, but the outrage blew that explanation out of the water. It's a word so loaded I don't even feel comfortable typing it out. He didn't even bother trying to explain the reference. He just apologized, and invited guests to shame him for his ignorance.

We all moved on. Nobody really remembers that episode where Maher sheepishly asked to be dragged over the coals. This instance seems to be getting more mainstream traction, but it's the timing w/ the Roseanne thing. I'd rather not see Samantha Bee hitch herself to that dumpster fire.

Edit: On a side note, Sally Field's response to the whole controversy was pretty damn perfect. https://twitter.com/sally_field?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-01-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    God bless Sally Field. An American treasure.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Trump 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't know what I would have done @thevoid99. Let's be real here. The top brass almost certainly made a phone call, and said that if she doesn't apologize full stop, her show is cancelled.

Maybe she felt that having that show and the soap box it provides was worth more than doubling down on the use of the word "cunt." There's some things that are worth going down in flames over... I don't think standing behind the use of a word that has a pretty harmful historical implementation would have done her any favors in that position. She would have been known as the comedian who got fired for using that word, and meanwhile the Trump camp would have a bbq to celebrate shutting her up.

It's a shit situation either way, but I'd rather her still have her mouthpiece. It's like when Bill Maher got roasted for saying "work in the fields? Oh no sir, I'm a house n*****." The reference was to a line from Gone With the Wind, but the outrage blew that explanation out of the water. It's a word so loaded I don't even feel comfortable typing it out. He didn't even bother trying to explain the reference. He just apologized, and invited guests to shame him for his ignorance.

We all moved on. Nobody really remembers that episode where Maher sheepishly asked to be dragged over the coals. This instance seems to be getting more mainstream traction, but it's the timing w/ the Roseanne thing. I'd rather not see Samantha Bee hitch herself to that dumpster fire.

Edit: On a side note, Sally Field's response to the whole controversy was pretty damn perfect. https://twitter.com/sally_field?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    I remember the episode. Ice cube told him just because you dated a black woman doesn’t mean you get to be comfortable throwing that word around. I feel like bill could’ve been more apologetic but he did take it on that episode.

Name calling is always the worst way to make your point. Samantha bee has been a name caller from the start. It didn’t even phase me that she said that on this week’s episode. I think she’s funny and dead on right most of the time but name calling and jokes about people’s physical appearance are low brow imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk