Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    don't know but looks like an idiot as the old saying goes shit doesn't fall far from the asshole
    -louie

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Holy shit.... the look of those 2 douchebags have made attractive. I'm no Zac Efron but damn.... why have these women marry such ugly-ass douchebags? If it was money, they didn't work hard enough to find guys they can mooch off.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm all for freedom of speech / expression / whatever, but I feel like those photos should be banned from the internet.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Oh, hey guys. Have we talked about the part where Trump favors the fucking DEATH PENALTY for drug dealers?
    He's also praised Duterte 's approach in the Philippines, which has seen police kill thousands of suspects in drug cases.
    Trump called Duterte last year to tell him "good job" or whatever.

Side note: how much fucking cocaine do you figure Trump has snorted? Freebased? Like in the eighties?
    He's probably done more coke that any of us on this board.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-17-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Don't even get me started on the death penalty, let alone Cheetolini's new push for it. It should be outright abolished. It has no place in our country.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how many people here are aware of Jim Carrey's work as a painter but this painting of Sarah Huckabee-Sanders is fucking dead on.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Mr. President, the American people will hear my story very soon. And they can judge for themselves who is honorable and who is not.
    -louie

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    He’s really going to fire Mueller.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    He’s really going to fire Mueller.
    Link me

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Link me
    I meant that I believe that’s the next move. He thinks he’s discredited the investigation and knows the GOP will do nothing when he does fire Mueller.

I really hope I’m wrong and he’s just in desperation mode.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I meant that I believe that’s the next move. He thinks he’s discredited the investigation and knows the GOP will do nothing when he does fire Mueller.

I really hope I’m wrong and he’s just in desperation mode.
    I went to twitter and found this daily beast article that quotes trump’s lawyer saying he prays rosenstien will end the Russian probe.

https://twitter.com/aynrandpaulryan/...627393024?s=21

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Reading some really disturbing things about Facebook's role in the US election (and EU referendum in the UK). It really fucks me off and I want to get off Facebook but its managed to invade everyday life in a way that makes it difficult to leave. Recently the only way to find out about whether my sons schools were closing or not due to the snow was through the councils facebook account. I think Mark Zuckerburg has a lot of questions to answer and some mealy mouthed facebook posts about how to identify fake news just doesn't cut it

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...MCNEWEML6619I2

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    took to twitter again to scream about "fake". let's talk fake Donald, you have, a fake tan, ran a fake university, your only success has been a reality show. which is basically fake TV. wasn't. Obama's birth certificate a fake? I hope people are starting to understand there is only one fake. and guess what it's you!
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Really good article, truth about Putin and today’s “election” in Russia:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-tr...rticle/2011882

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Reading some really disturbing things about Facebook's role in the US election (and EU referendum in the UK). It really fucks me off and I want to get off Facebook but its managed to invade everyday life in a way that makes it difficult to leave. Recently the only way to find out about whether my sons schools were closing or not due to the snow was through the councils facebook account. I think Mark Zuckerburg has a lot of questions to answer and some mealy mouthed facebook posts about how to identify fake news just doesn't cut it

Yup, and schools and cities etc. should NOT be using a private money-making data-harvesting corporate entity as its sole (fucking lazy) way of informing citizens and parents and students. Put up a web site, install a hotline number, anything but Facebook.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post

I've stopped and started that several times and it just makes me so upset every time.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I'm not sure how many people here are aware of Jim Carrey's work as a painter but this painting of Sarah Huckabee-Sanders is fucking dead on.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yup, and schools and cities etc. should NOT be using a private money-making data-harvesting corporate entity as its sole (fucking lazy) way of informing citizens and parents and students. Put up a web site, install a hotline number, anything but Facebook.
    I whole-heartedly agree, but where I grew up, teachers were being let go and class sizes ballooning because the schools had no money. How do they justify to the superintendent paying ANY amount of money for something that they can easily do for "free" through a social media platform? It's a really shitty situation, but I unfortunately I understand why some districts would do that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I don't know about your area, but the school district here pays for the websites.

http://www.evergreenps.org/

They have a presence on FB and twitter but it looks like a secondary presence.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Hahahahaha. Mr. "I have done nothing wrong!" keeps surrounding himself with these assholes. I think he doth protest too much.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Hahahahaha. Mr. "I have done nothing wrong!" keeps surrounding himself with these assholes. I think he doth protest too much.
    He's doing more than anyone else to convince me that he's guilty of something. An innocent president would go about running the country without constantly blathering on about how he's totally and really super duper not guilty of anything. Maybe it's not collusion with Russia. Maybe it has nothing to do with Russia at all. But he's going something to hide and he's scrambling like mad to get the heat off before someone gets the proof they need to take him to court the second he's a private citizen (because let's face it, even if someone comes up with the proverbial smoking gun, he'll never be charged with a crime as POTUS).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Have you seen the Channel 4 investigation into Cambridge Analytica? It's really interesting how so many people are flagging this as a serious issue. Its a huge contrast to 4 & 8 years ago when Obama was using big data to win the election.

i haven’t watched it yet, but I think it is cognitive dissonance, if something is used to elect someone people like theyre ok with it. I was interested in the fact that the whistle blower guy first talked about this use of big data to the Lib Dem’s in the UK who I have voted for in the last few elections but they didn’t want to know, not sure whether that was due to moral certitude or stupidity/ short sightedness
    Last edited by WorzelG; 03-20-2018 at 03:59 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That's...sigh. That's not what cognitive dissonance is.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    That's...sigh. That's not what cognitive dissonance is.
    I mean, it sounds pretty similar to me. They were saying that someone might be all "rabble rabble rabble this tactic is horrible and everyone who ever engages in it should be punished!"...until they learn that "their guy" won using the same tactics, in which case they either ignore the news about it entirely or read it and dismiss it. But I'm not even close to a psychologist, so I admit my grasp on the concept of cognitive dissonance isn't the strongest.

The occurrence of cognitive dissonance is a consequence of a person performing an action that contradicts personal beliefs, ideals, and values; and also occurs when confronted with new information that contradicts said beliefs, ideals, and values.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Illinois primaries are over, now we have Republican Governor Bruce Rauner, worth nearly $1 billion, battling Democrat J.B. Pritzker, worth $3.5 billion.

Ugh, the ads are gonna make us pray for November.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I have read shit about how this instance was particularly insidious, but I hate all of it no matter who's doing it, and I've deleted my FB account a ton of times in the past but this time I'm really fucking done with social media shitholes. At least on Instagram, I'm anonymous and I give the least information possible. Yes, people need to wake up and stop handing over their data or being stupid online; those "quizzes" aren't for fun, they're marketing schemes, and Facebook doesn't exist so you can find and talk with friends; it's a commercial profit-generating entity that mines your data and shares it, even when they say they're not.

When I was in marketing, we had to narrow down our targets as much as possible all the time because we primarily used direct mail; our list was so targeted, we got paid a ton of money to rent out our list, and this was in the mid-80s. An untargeted list is a useless waste of money, and the more you target the better your response.

Facebook collects "data" simply by utilizing your LIKES and all those other dumb Facebook emoticons and quizzes and other shit you do on FB that you think is private but it's not; it's the same thing as your supermarket card providing you with "discounts" but what it's REALLY doing is keeping track of every single thing you buy, and then sharing that data with companies so they can target you for marketing. HOWEVER, the latter tells marketers much more about repeat purchases, averages, if there's a baby at home, if you own pets, if you buy organic, etc. (and that targeted marketing helps you, too, by not giving you coupons for baby food and diapers when you don't have any kids, or not giving you coupons for dog food when you don't have a dog), whereas the crap on Facebook isn't really all that targeted, especially considering "like button" happy people who click on like for damned near everything.

I think this is a really good article: https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/20/1...microtargeting
    Last edited by allegro; 03-21-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)