Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    I was more talking about his delivery, and when he goes off script.
    I don't think he went off script at all, though (except that hilarious part with the ICE guy LOL LOL LOL), but instead he's just a talking head expounding the beliefs of a bunch of white-power nationalist assholes, and Trump's afraid of "upsetting his base" of, like, not all that many people, really.

and this MS13 gang shit. Like, we have a bigger chance of being hit by lightening than being killed by a MS13 gang member. There ain't any here in Chicago. But the Trump team makes it like these MS13 guys are the majority of "Dreamers," infiltrating American society.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-31-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I don't think he went off script at all, though (except that hilarious part with the ICE guy LOL LOL LOL), but instead he's just a talking head expounding the beliefs of a bunch of white-power nationalist assholes, and Trump's afraid of "upsetting his base" of, like, not all that many people, really.

and this MS13 gang shit. Like, we have a bigger chance of being hit by lightening than being killed by a MS13 gang member. There ain't any here in Chicago. But the Trump team makes it like these MS13 guys are the majority of "Dreamers," infiltrating American society.
    Just to clear something up, when I responded to Sweeterthan I was talking about Trump's overall demeanor and not necessarily last nights SOTU, I know he stayed on script because I was dying for the next Trump catastrophe. It's odd with how much I hate him I am now waiting for the next drama fuck up he will inflict on himself but when it happens I'm annoyed by it.
    Jesus Fuck can't just have a normal president?
    Last edited by Sister Midnight; 02-01-2018 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This whole memo thing is a case and point. They spend a year discrediting the FBI and two leaked dossiers but hey somehow THIS one is valid. Fuck all of these people

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Heil Hitler Stephen Miller wrote it. So when you hear every word out of Trump's mouth, remember it's really Stephen Miller's hand up Trump's ass, like a ventriloquist act.

Literally the only thing I can think of after reading that.

(And if no one here has seen Chicago, I recommend it.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This whole memo thing is a case and point. They spend a year discrediting the FBI and two leaked dossiers but hey somehow THIS one is valid. Fuck all of these people
    It makes you question what the republicans lost first, their minds or their morality? (cue R.E.M.'s Losing My Religion)

But I guess its the chicken and the egg.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hahahahaha, Trump (falsely) claimed that his SOTU address was the most watched SOTU address in american history because OF COURSE he did.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Hahahahaha, Trump (falsely) claimed that his SOTU address was the most watched SOTU address in american history because OF COURSE he did.
    I think the numbers fell right where I expected. On one hand, I'm sure you had a lot of first-time viewers who wanted to see their Golden God yell and scream about everyone who isn't white like them. On the other hand, I'm sure a lot of people who would normally watch made it a point to not tune in and listen to that arrogant blowhard spew up whatever BS was written for him. Gain some, lose some, and your numbers come out average.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    How are immigrants from Mexico taking any jobs that Americans want? How is that happening?
    They're using a a special sleight-of-hand magic trick taught to them by Salvadoreans. :P

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    They're using a a special sleight-of-hand magic trick taught to them by Salvadoreans. :P
    it's actually a conspiracy by phil collin's to become revalent again
    -Louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

President Turd

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG...0129-SD001.pdf

I don't have the time, patience, or intestinal fortitude to read it just yet, but hopefully sometime soon. Anyway, that's the direct link to the memo (memo itself starts on page 3)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Good analysis of the memo by Politico.

https://www.politico.com/interactive...ased-analysis/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Groudhog Day during the Trump administration..........

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Goddamnit, Daily Show. I love you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is kind of a question for allegro. I was watching MSNBC they were talking about the Mueller investigation, they were implying that Mueller has enough to indict a sitting president on obstruction of justice and collusion with a foreign government. They also mentioned that the possibility is there that the republican party would most likely try to obstruct the indictment for Trump.
    My question is this, if Mueller has enough to indict a sitting president will we still have to wait for the blue wave in the November 2018 election, for the democrats to get the majority of both senate and congress to move forward with the inditement?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is kind of a question for allegro. I was watching MSNBC they were talking about the Mueller investigation, they were implying that Mueller has enough to indict a sitting president on obstruction of justice and collusion with a foreign government. They also mentioned that the possibility is there that the republican party would most likely try to obstruct the indictment for Trump.
    My question is this, if Mueller has enough to indict a sitting president will we still have to wait for the blue wave in the November 2018 election, for the democrats to get the majority of both senate and congress to move forward with the inditement?
    No idea.

See this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ba78d81cb2e8

Everything I’ve seen indicates that Mueller won’t indict Trump but will instead submit a report to Rosenstein and leave that decision up to him, and Rosenstein would likely leave it up to a grand jury. But there are still questions as to whether or not a sitting President can be indicted. Re Impeachment, that would likely have to wait for a blue wave. There’s a difference between a Federal indictment re something like money laundering vs. impeachment (which is basically criminal indictment of a President) re obstruction of justice.

Maybe. This is really complicated shit.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/0...ww.google.com/
    Last edited by allegro; 02-05-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No idea.

See this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ba78d81cb2e8

Everything I’ve seen indicates that Mueller won’t indict Trump but will instead submit a report to Rosenstein and leave that decision up to him, and Rosenstein would likely leave it up to a grand jury. But there are still questions as to whether or not a sitting President can be indicted. Re Impeachment, that would likely have to wait for a blue wave. There’s a difference between a Federal indictment re something like money laundering vs. impeachment (which is basically criminal indictment of a President) re obstruction of justice.

Maybe. This is really complicated shit.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/0...ww.google.com/
    Thanks for your answer. I'm starting to believe that the blue wave is the only way to get Trump removed from office. This is insane all the legal channels and all the possible ways Trump can slither out of this. Trump has already shown that he is pretty much teflon, with all the legal possibilities for Trump to evade justice.

Another interesting thought I had is, what if Mike Pence is mentioned as a conspirator, is it possible to impeach him and Trump, and if the democrats take the house in November Paul Ryan won't be speaker of the house anymore.

Even with the Mueller investigation, it seems that those of us who do not like Trump and believe he is criminally sitting in the white house, our only hope really is the November mid term election.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I would put money on him finishing four terms if Democrats don't take control this year. And honestly, the only way I see that shift happening is IF an investigation brought a formal conclusion of collusion and/or obstruction before midterms. But here's the thing: even if that happens, it's not going to make red suddenly vote blue. Unless it encourages more blues than ever before to get out and vote in record numbers, there's still a very good chance that majorities won't change, and things will continue on the same path they're on now.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Are you guys completely dismissing any chances of Trump being reelected in 2020?
    I know it's tough to say at this point since you guys don't know you will be Dems' candidate but .... hey I wouldn't bet the farm on the Democrats in 2020.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I would put money on him finishing four terms
    There's an amendment to the Constitution that only allows two terms, so there's that.

No President has ever been removed from office.

Nixon resigned, only because a shitload of his cabinet started getting indicted and it looked like Nixon was becoming an un-indicted co-conspirator.

But even if a bunch of Trump's cabinet, and family, gets indicted and goes to Federal prison, I sincerely doubt that Trump will resign; he doesn't give a shit; he doesn't give up, he is not a quitter, he doesn't want to look like he "lost," and the most DISTURBING part to me:

He now has his followers believing that RUSSIA IS OKAY.

Up until not more than a year ago, Russia has been Enemy Number One to the American Government and the American People, and Putin was just short of a Dictator. Hillary was maligned for selling uranium to an enemy.

Now? Putin is seen as a fun guy and Trump's best pal.

All but TWO members of Congress voted to sanction Russia for tampering in our elections, and Congress forced Trump to sign off on these sanctions.

Trump is now refusing to enforce these sanctions.

And his followers don't care.

If you look on the Twitter feed of guys like John McCain or Lindsey Graham and they say something about this, the comments are shit like "WHY DO CARE ABOUT OTHER COUNTRIES, YOU TRAITOR? YOU RINO!!"

(An aside: I went on a few House Representatives' Twitter feeds, ones I know have J.D.s, ones I know are calling for treason charges against DOJ members and against Rosenstein, and I called for ethics violations charges against them as well as ARDC investigations for knowingly violating canons of ethics; and I quickly received a notice from Twitter indicating that my account had been suspended for 24 hours. LOL LOL LOL. I then terminated my Twitter account. )

TRUMP IS A TROJAN HORSE FOR RUSSIA, and he doesn't even know it.

Not that Russia really wants to INFILTRATE the U.S. or anything, but I think they want to destabilize the United States, to their benefit.

I really do think that Russia has some serious dirt on Trump, too.

I guess that the House Intel Committee wasn't allowed to take home any of the FISA warrant info, they had to send in one person to a reading room, and they sent in Trey Gowdy, who disputes the info on the memo.

I have the feeling that the VOLUMES of info may have some really shitty stuff in it that the House DOES NOT want leaked, so this all is a really shitty attempt to discredit the FBI and the DOJ (and FOUR Federal JUDGES who reviewed the volumes of FISA data) before any of this info gets out, eventually.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-05-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Are you guys completely dismissing any chances of Trump being reelected in 2020?
    I know it's tough to say at this point since you guys don't know you will be Dems' candidate but .... hey I wouldn't bet the farm on the Democrats in 2020.
    I think trump is already running in 2020. There’s a bus company near my house and they have busses that say trump 2020 already. I don’t know who pays for that. Maybe a PAC?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't the onion https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000009
    _Louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think once the Trump administration is over whether it is one term or two. The Trump administration will have more conspiracy theories surrounding it than any other presidency from both liberals and conservatives.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    wondering who he will blame the market crash on Hillary!!!
    -Loiue

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    -Loiue
    Obama

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    -Loiue

"Obama left me with a mess" in 5-4-3-2-1

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean, you know he doesn't want the job so it shouldn't be a surprise that he's trying more and more outlandish ideas out.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...ocrats-treason

When is our generations, "At long last" moment?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The FBI, and any impartial investigation, is completely unconcerned with whether or not this will work out right for whatever team. Mueller shouldn't care about what Democrats want. That would be tantamount to bias, which is what this ludicrous tin-foil-hat response is... accuse the FBI of being anti-Trump.

If they were anti-Trump, he'd already be toast. I think the case is really what it seems; they're investigating until the investigation is done, not until they "have enough."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The FBI, and any impartial investigation, is completely unconcerned with whether or not this will work out right for whatever team. Mueller shouldn't care about what Democrats want. That would be tantamount to bias, which is what this ludicrous tin-foil-hat response is... accuse the FBI of being anti-Trump.

If they were anti-Trump, he'd already be toast. I think the case is really what it seems; they're investigating until the investigation is done, not until they "have enough."
    I understand the impartiality of the FBI investigatiion (too bad the republicans do not) but really my question lies after the determination that of collusion and obstruction of justice. If the Mueller investigation finds evidence that Trump colluded and obstructed justice are we still going to need a democratic house and senate to act on the Mueller findings. After allegros answer I think we do.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I understand the impartiality of the FBI investigatiion (too bad the republicans do not) but really my question lies after the determination that of collusion and obstruction of justice. If the Mueller investigation finds evidence that Trump colluded and obstructed justice are we still going to need a democratic house and senate to act on the Mueller findings. After allegros answer I think we do.

Look at the Watergate House Judiciary Committee impeachment votes:

http://watergate.info/impeachment/an...eachment-votes

Here are the Articles of Impeachment against Nixon:

http://watergate.info/impeachment/ar...of-impeachment

Note: The articles of impeachment were passed only by the Committee on the Judiciary. They were never voted on in the full House of Representatives. Nixon was not impeached.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-05-2018 at 08:50 PM.