Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Anyone reading Trump's tweets this morning?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Fuck no.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Fuck no.
    Too bad, because he's like, really smart and a stable genius.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Fuck no.
    Trump's trolling, he's become pretty good at it. Read the Twitter COMMENTS on his feed, now, they're about 98% "you are a moron" or "have fun in prison" and 2% "MAGA! We are praying for you, sir!"

My husband is reading "Fire and Fury" on Kindle right now, and I'll start reading it later today.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Trump's trolling, he's become pretty good at it. Read the Twitter COMMENTS on his feed, now, they're about 98% "you are a moron" or "have fun in prison" and 2% "MAGA! We are praying for you, sir!"

My husband is reading "Fire and Fury" on Kindle right now, and I'll start reading it later today.
    currently reading it what surprises me most is how much power we have given fox"news" in our political dialog, i don't like saying this but i'm glad this demographic is dying off.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Trump's trolling
    What makes you so sure? A dearth of actual supportive comments and a barrage of criticisms doesn't strike me as evidence. Just makes me think that he's even more stubborn that I thought, and that he feels like he has to rant and rave and bang his fingers on his little keyboard in the desperate hope that people will believe he's their god. Nothing that I've ever read about him or witnessed him do has made me believe that he's capable of what would basically amount to self-deprecation (setting himself up for all the negative comments) for the purpose of having a laugh at people. That strikes me as the complete antithesis of his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    could you imagine president obama proclaiming in a tweet that he's a genius? like, really smart? oh my god, get me off this crazy boat ...
    Yeah, that's the thing about people who are truly smart...they generally never need to say they are, and they probably never even would because they're typically too focused on things that are more important than tooting their own horn.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    What makes you so sure?

Yeah, that's the thing about people who are truly smart...they generally never need to say they are, and they probably never even would because they're typically too focused on things that are more important than tooting their own horn.
    He loves stirring up shit. He loves attention. Trolls love that, too. It's the primary reason for trolling. He knows he can gloat over keeping his base, no matter what; the majority of his hardcore fans aren't even hardcore Republicans and think he's like a Rock Star. He also thinks he's a really good comedian. But, he is also totally serious, below, and he's right. He's sarcastically poking fun at his own dedicated base; he knows he's a genius by comparison (and they think he's one, too).

Last edited by allegro; 01-06-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    ell, you’ll show ‘em. Nothing says stable like a midnight tweet about “Sloppy Steve” followed by a 7:00 a.m. tweet calling “hoax” on an investigation that has already led to charges against 4 people. Except maybe maniacal laughter. Try some of that too. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/949616329463615489 …