I'm having a hard time grasping your point here. I know what you're suggesting - and I think it's wrong. When you have a narcissistic, sociopathic serial liar running the show, you have every reason to think that his next move will be a disaster.

If people had shown up to protest and Trump went "Merrick Garland," you think they'd blindly start shouting his nomination down? No. A *few* idiots might, but there will always be idiots of all political orientations.

But you're talking about a pick that will very likely have severe detrimental consequences for literally decades to come - decidedly more so if yet another justice leaves / dies before he's out of office. I think people who have seen Trump's operations as both a horrible politician and a worse businessman / human being are wholly justified in being preemptively concerned for whatever far-reaching moves he's been mistakenly allowed to make.

I get that to you it feels extreme - but given the precedent thus far, I'm not so quick to agree.