Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Impeaching me would cause economic crisis, says Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...st-impeachment

I don’t know how you can impeach somebody who’s done a great job” he said.

...now i really want to punch him in the dick!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    A MAGA chud was the lone holdout in Manafort trial. How exactly was she allowed to serve as a juror?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ll-counts.html
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-23-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    MAGA chud was the lone holdout in Manafort trial. How exactly was she allowed to serve as a juror?

Answer - because another MAGA chud spoke about this on Fox News and voted to convict Manafort on all 18 counts. To me, that's at least the heartwarming aspect of this story.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    A MAGA chud was the lone holdout in Manafort trial. How exactly was she allowed to serve as a juror?

Yeah...did you gloss over the fact that another MAGA one convicted him on eight counts and WANTED to convict him of the other 10, but was blocked? And this MAGA person DID convict him on eight other counts....

During jury selection, there was contention over whether they could even ask potential jurors IF they voted. Not even WHO they voted for, but IF they voted. The jury selection process was very careful to avoid politicizing this at all. You ask how were they allowed on the jury? They would ask how a crooked Democrat who wants to lock up the entire GOP was allowed. Both sides, to be honest, would be justified in being concerned about bias. I am honestly impressed that a jury was able to reach a unanimous verdict on ANY count - it really does show a willingness to overlook political desires and stick to the letter of the law.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Oh shit.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Yeah...did you gloss over the fact that another MAGA one convicted him on eight counts and WANTED to convict him of the other 10, but was blocked? And this MAGA person DID convict him on eight other counts....

During jury selection, there was contention over whether they could even ask potential jurors IF they voted. Not even WHO they voted for, but IF they voted. The jury selection process was very careful to avoid politicizing this at all. You ask how were they allowed on the jury? They would ask how a crooked Democrat who wants to lock up the entire GOP was allowed. Both sides, to be honest, would be justified in being concerned about bias. I am honestly impressed that a jury was able to reach a unanimous verdict on ANY count - it really does show a willingness to overlook political desires and stick to the letter of the law.
    I did not gloss over it. Just the quotes from the holdout made me sick. Basically, “But nobody would’ve known he was doing these crimes if it weren’t for SANDWICH HUT!”

She is dumb, gross, and essentially held up the jury with her MAGA BS.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

this is a problem and will continue to be a problem now and going forward with all things trump and mueller Flynn Cohen, between the tweets lawyers going on haninity, we are already having to re-establish rules on jury tampering with social media 24 hour news cycle, political divide, it is very hard to find an actual impartial juror. i feel that Trump is being coached again, i try to make a huge effort to never underestimate anyone's intelligence, remember Russia's main goal was to cause chaos tohave the west lose faith in the democratic system, every trail comes with the instructions "beyond a reasonable doubt" with all the tweets rallies, rabid supporters and general "reality show" nature" of this administration its going to be very hard to get anything close to an objective jury or jurors we need an effective noise gate at this point that doesn't envole censorship it will be decades before we can unravel the effects of this unhinged UN-presidential and corrupt administration
    -Louie

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it's the same reason I would never be able to sit on a jury for this shit, and at least I'd be up front and seriously honest about it. There's no way I could be objective and unbiased here. My anger runs too deep.

Then again, I'd suggest that the only random citizens who could really remain completely unbiased here would mostly consist of people too stupid to notice how fucked up everything is... and that's not exactly great either.

In other WTF news from the twilight zone, Giuliani is now saying that Trump has already asked about pardoning Manafort but his lawyers told him to wait until the whole Mueller thing was over
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-23-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm kind of hoping that "the whole Mueller thing" isn't over until after he's left office so that Mueller can bring charges against him.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I'm kind of hoping that "the whole Mueller thing" isn't over until after he's left office so that Mueller can bring charges against him.
    I don't know the specifics of this, but eventually the findings of the special counsel will be presented and laid on the table... and I'm pretty sure that it's not limited to Mueller to act on those findings. However, if the republicans still control everything after November, yeah, nothing's going to happen until he's out of office.

I honestly think the democrats are, for the most part, avoiding talking about impeachment and the potential to proceed towards it because they don't want MAGA defense force to push back against the "blue wave."

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-south-n903171

I can guess where trump picked up the "white genocide in South Africa" bit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-south-n903171

I can guess where trump picked up the "white genocide in South Africa" bit.
    Whether there's anything close to a genocide is probably up for debate, but the issue about the Boers and the farms in South Africa is a very real thing. Farmers ARE being attacked and often killed, in large numbers. The South African government has no program in place to teach people how to run the farms once they've been seized. The country is set for a massive shortfall in edible crops because the people moving in to run them have no clear idea what they're supposed to be doing. Farming isn't just something humans know inherently what to do. The country is going to starve and the whole world is standing back to allow it to happen because of national pride. It's sad.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 08-23-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Whether there's anything close to a genocide is probably up for debate, but the issue about the Boers and the farms in South Africa is a very real thing. Farmers ARE being attacked and often killed, in large numbers. The South African government has no program in place to teach people how to run the farms once they've been seized. The country is set for a massive shortfall in edible crops because the people moving in to run them have no clear idea what they're supposed to be doing. Farming isn't just something humans know inherently what to do. The country is going to starve and the whole world is standing back to allow it to happen because of national pride. It's sad.
    whole thing is bullshit started on storm-front went to brietbart ended up on donies twitter when he woke up in a cold sweat from thinking about his impending doom
    -Louie

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I honestly think the democrats are, for the most part, avoiding talking about impeachment and the potential to proceed towards it because they don't want MAGA defense force to push back against the "blue wave."
    yeah i definitely thought that too man, watching the news the past few days.

they're all like "well, we're not talking about IMPEACHMENT here, but..."

it kind of looks like a concerted effort, and it's honestly probably a smart move.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    find this funny i like the idea of a trump musical
    -louie

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Top Trump Organization official Weisselberg was granted immunity in Cohen investigation

Washington (CNN) - A top figure in President Donald Trump's orbit was granted immunity in the investigation into hush money payments made to two women who alleged they had affairs with Trump, a sources familiar with the matter told CNN Friday.

Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg, whose entanglements with Trump's finances are extensive, was granted immunity by federal prosecutors for providing information about Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    the interview on fox ans friends was comedy gold
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This was about Cohen, and he's already pleaded. I feel like any further information Weisselberg has isn't going to be an ounce more damning than what we've already learned. Just a hunch.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This was about Cohen, and he's already pleaded. I feel like any further information Weisselberg has isn't going to be an ounce more damning than what we've already learned. Just a hunch.
    The Org isn't just Trump Sr. - it's Don Jr., Eric, Jared, and most worrying to Trump Sr., Ivanka. Weisselberg knows where all of the bodies are buried. This is a big deal, even if Congress continues to sit on their hands.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    He can also corroborate claims Cohen is making, which grant more credence against the notion that “truth isn’t truth”

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    “truth isn’t truth”
    Obsolete. Absolute, yeah! (Rush reference, can't help myself.)

So honestly, I wanna know: where do you guys see this thing going? What happens if this cocksucker is utterly disgraced but his base still fervently supports him (which is the only outcome I see?)

Is there any good ending to this? Because you know, it's not just Trump himself. It's what he's awoken: the dark side of white america. I don't think this shit goes away.

I know I'm being pessimistic again here but it's honestly how I feel.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I dunno... last night I watched an episode of celebrity apprentice all the way through for the first time, and I was floored. Just holy shit. The people who love this asshole will never jump ship.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Obsolete. Absolute, yeah! (Rush reference, can't help myself.)

So honestly, I wanna know: where do you guys see this thing going? What happens if this cocksucker is utterly disgraced but his base still fervently supports him (which is the only outcome I see?)

Is there any good ending to this? Because you know, it's not just Trump himself. It's what he's awoken: the dark side of white america. I don't think this shit goes away.

I know I'm being pessimistic again here but it's honestly how I feel.
    If Trump resigns but stays out of prison it'll probably be a huge win for him in the long run--no more responsibility, less of a magnifying glass, but with an incredible amount of influence and the ability to put anybody he backs on the map. He can go around still doing his rallies just in support of some other equally shitty candidate. And the Republican party probably follows suit. After this their only options are doubling down on dumbass Trumpian politics or getting with the times, and I don't see the latter happening. Even the "moderate" candidates were calling for Roe v Wade to be overturned and gay marriage to be made illegal again.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trump met with Q Anon promoter in oval office. Not a joke...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...mpression=true

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Trump met with Q Anon promoter in oval office. Not a joke...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...mpression=true
    i wonder who the hookup matchmaker was for that, since roger stone is currently hiding under a rock

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I was going to say the same thing the other day. Trump could be impeached, imprisoned, or both, and it wouldn't really change anything. We as a nation have made a massive cultural shift. Bernie Sanders (or anyone with similar views) could take over the Oval Office tomorrow and we'd still have a huge nationwide societal crisis on our hands. I think it's going to take multiple generations to clean this mess up.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I think this presidency has fucked up this country well beyond what we can possibly imagine, and we're only (hopefully) half way in.

I think the idea of impeachment is a pleasant fantasy, something that ultimately mocks the idea of "hope." Or change. We're eventually going to have to accept how fucked we are for a bit.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Curious, what would be likely to happen if Trump had Mueller killed?