Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Thoughts, @allegro?
    Haven't read the article yet (about to run out the door), but on the headline alone: this is more "inside hire" than nepotism, so I'm not immediately bothered by it. I don't know anything about the pilot or his / her credentials, so I'm not going to leap to the conclusion of favoritism. If Trump has trusted this person with his life and they know the business, then maybe it's not the absolute worst appointment he's suggested. I'm sure the article sheds a lot more light on it though; I'll have to read it tonight.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Dunno, and frankly don’t care since my husband is now blissfully retired.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    flying him around various places he probably has an awful lot of inside information, think this is probably buying silence, did the exact same thing with devos.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Man we have an awesome governor.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    flying him around various places he probably has an awful lot of inside information, think this is probably buying silence, did the exact same thing with devos.
    -Louie
    Bottom line:

CONGRESS controls the FAA purse strings.

FAAs boss = DOT.

Head of DOT is Mitch McConnell’s wife.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-28-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Man we have an awesome governor.
    Stuff like this makes me seriously doubt how well he would hold up under questioning from Mueller. The guy has zero ability to keep his shit in check.

And holy shit, we can embed tweets now? When did this happen? Nice!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    wow, his body actions said everything that needed to be said. and real no follow up to Gov. Inslee's comments. embarassing.

I'm a teacher (substitute of all things) , and would certainly not want my co-workers to be strapping guns. They'd be shooting each other/the principals! But all joking aside, I would not be comfortable in that environment. Everyone I works with feels the same way.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    "I would have run in there"

By all means, next time this happens, go for it. Put your military training and unparalleled bravery to good use. Show us how you'd take down the guy with the AR-15 with your bare hands and save the day.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

By all means, next time this happens, go for it. Put your military training and unparalleled bravery to good use. Show us how you'd take down the guy with the AR-15 with your bare hands and save the day.
    Colbert said "What are you going to do, run in there and stab them with your bone spurs?" lol

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Cadette bone spurs to the rescue
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Thanks for the inspiration, @thelastdisciple

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah he looks like he was gonna run toward the attacker, here, as he clutches the podium for safety ...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    if we all can stop laughing for a second, realize that for whatever reason this delusional lying idiot is some how running the nation, and what we do to stop it before something really bad happens.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    if we all can stop laughing for a second, realize that for whatever reason this delusional lying idiot is some how running the nation, and what we do to stop it before something really bad happens.
    -Louie
    He isn't running the nation, though. Seriously, he isn't. CONGRESS is. Every single piece of legislation Trump has put forward has lived or died based on CONGRESS. Even his executive orders have been largely blocked at every turn. This is what I keep saying. Right now, the Republican party has enough of a majority to pass whatever Trump puts through, but they haven't because they themselves are split on the issues. If the Democrats weren't so worried about garnering their own votes and image, they'd have taken advantage of this, but they haven't, because they're split too. If everyone just said "Trump who?" and went on with the business of running the government, we'd have had solid compromises and some quality legislative changes. Just like when Obama was in office, when the Republicans took control and essentially ran on an anti-Obama platform. Nothing got done, and those that DID go through (like the ACA) were partially screwed up from the get go.

You really need to stop focusing so much on Trump and START focusing on 1) the midterm elections and 2) voting for important issues in local elections. Trump can be nearly a non-issue and a total lame duck IF we work AROUND him and not constantly AGAINST him.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    went back and forth on weather to reply, but my more intelligent side lost. you're post makes it seem like i don't know how federal government works i assure you i do. 1) running an anti trump campaign will be ineffective. 1) as you said he has passed no major legislation. 2) the non legislation has not taken effect. 3) he still has the bullshit mountain propaganda machine behind him. although dying out it is still a force.3) if they do want to win back seats they need to come out with progressive ideas which poll very high like single payer modest sensible gun control. the dumbocracats. continually play the moderate card.which actually
    means moving further to the right. you know what compromise means. no one gets what they want.
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 02-27-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    this is really good and encompasses a lot of my opinions

-louie

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Exocet , I watch RT. Larry King has a show on RT.
    I enjoy hearing different viewpoints, and shit, I don't think it has any more propaganda than our insanely partisan news networks.

Edit: I also enjoy NHK and BBC
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-28-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    1) Round Table Meeting with Trump and Congress re guns etc. today was really really interesting good stuff.

2) Hope Hicks resigned. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I also heard Jeff Sessions said "fuck you" to El Stupido after another tweet where Sessions got dissed.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Captain Picard for POTUS in 2020. He is our only hope!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Captain Picard for POTUS in 2020. He is our only hope!
    Isn't he British?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Isn't he British?
    Patrick Stewart is, but Picard is French. So we would need to ammend the constitution so he could run.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Patrick Stewart is, but Picard is French. So we would need to ammend the constitution so he could run.
    OH!!!!! I see where you're going. I like.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    wasn't fox hannity the the right screaming about Obama taking your guns, but the idiot says it and meh.even doc holiday's hypocrisy tombstone knew some bounds
    -louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I also heard Jeff Sessions said "fuck you" to El Stupido after another tweet where Sessions got dissed.
    Trump called Sessions “Mr. Magoo.”

Goddam this is a great time to be alive weeeeee

Kushner is gonna be the next to get the ax ... er, resign.

Or get indicted.

Or both.

DRINKING GAME!
    Last edited by allegro; 02-28-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So, is there going to be some battle royale at the White House coming and televised? I would like to see that.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So, is there going to be some battle royale at the White House coming and televised? I would like to see that.
    pub g white house edition
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    hope hicks leaving is bigger than people think. rumor mill was saying during the porter scandal, that trump was sleeping with her. does fit his MO model for ivanka's fashion line 29 no political experience and white house communications director? refused to answer intelligence committees questions said she told 'white lies" for the president.but with this president what other color would they be? also. supposedly keep his tweets in check. which could be the reason for"Mr Magoo" tweet. we'll know for sure at about 6am this morning. the Russia investigation is freaking him out. remember when your parents were going away so you throw a party and you find out they are coming home early. I expect a twit storm tomorrow.
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 02-28-2018 at 11:07 PM.