Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    There's not even evidence or proof that he TRIED either, just more anonymous sources and hearsay. That's not to say it didn't happen, but if it can't be proven, but it's being reported anyway, then it's being reported purely for sensationalism's sake to rile people up. It's the same stupid division tactics that the Trump team is using. Somebody somewhere someday has GOT to stop sinking to these immature pissing contests and try to get shit done. Good luck with that, I suppose, as long as both parties are full of disconnected grown up children.
    Ehhhhhh.....

Consider the source of the report though. This was reported by the New York Times. Not Breitbart or some other shitty little blog that's only existed for a few years in the digital age. This was reported by a 150+ year old newspaper with exceedingly high standards of journalistic integrity. Every outlet errs once in a great while, but given their history and track record, I'm inclined to trust that they corroborate pretty heavily before reporting on something like this. To reduce it as "sensationalism" and a "pissing contest" is way off the mark.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Why do I feel like Trumps State Of The Address on Tuesday is going to be more like one of his campaign rallies.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Why do I feel like Trumps State Of The Address on Tuesday is going to be more like one of his campaign rallies.
    Ya it’s gonna be ugh ugh ugh

I’m skipping it, and I ALWAYS watch SOTU addresses.

Gonna catch the Kennedy rebuttal, though!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ya it’s gonna be ugh ugh ugh

I’m skipping it, and I ALWAYS watch SOTU addresses.

Gonna catch the Kennedy rebuttal, though!
    I'm going to watch it hoping he goes off teleprompter.

I thought that I actually witnessed a miracle when Trump said to Piers Morgan that "I am not a feminist". I thought to myself wow Trump found a boundary, even the notion that Trump himself stating that he is a feminist is even too absurd for him. Then later I thought he probably said it thinking it would play well to his base.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I see it as an endurance test. How long can I watch it before getting the uncontrollable urge of smashing my head against the nearest wall?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I see it as an endurance test. How long can I watch it before getting the uncontrollable urge of smashing my head against the nearest wall?
    I hear you, I am so sick of hearing his voice and then there are the Trump cliches if I hear "Believe me" or "to be honest with you" I am going to throw a brick through the TV. Of all the Trump quotes my favorite is 'I'm a very stable genius" who the fuck says that?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I can’t stand his voice and try to avoid having to hear him speak. I’m sure I’ll read all about it Wednesday morning.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Well, the end of this week/beginning of next week will be interesting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/u...publicans.html

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Any bets on how many times he references Hillary tonight?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    He’ll have some eye rolling nickname for McCabe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Sounds like a drinking game, every time he says Hilary do a shot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    He’ll have some eye rolling nickname for McCabe.
    You mean something like "Dumpy Donald" or "Dopey Donald".

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    You mean something like "Dumpy Donald" or "Dopey Donald".
    Wait, he'll be referring to himself in the third person?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Enough to send anyone playing a drinking game to the hospital for alcohol poisoning.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Enough to send anyone playing a drinking game to the hospital for alcohol poisoning.
    I literally came here to post about how I've resorted to just drinking constantly.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    "Terrorists are unlawful combatants." *Fucking standing ovation*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My response to the State of The Union Address.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard it was fucking bad. He just catered to his idiotic base as some didn't want to stand up and applaud for him. He is an embarrassment.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I heard it was fucking bad. He just catered to his idiotic base as some didn't want to stand up and applaud for him. He is an embarrassment.
    He is beyond an embarrassment. Obviously he doesn't live by the rule "It is better to be thought silent and stupid, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    As you know, I didn’t watch it but apparently David Duke loved it which makes me feel like I made a smart choice.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    As you know, I didn’t watch it but apparently David Duke loved it which makes me feel like I made a smart choice.
    I watched Monday's episode of Supergirl and watched some episodes of The Office.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Trump 2018

I did tune in for a few minutes. He read his book report in character. I personally cannot stand it when he talks about other people’s tragedies. Something about the pomp of his voice doesn’t mix with the severity of human loss.

Edit: I just saw a clip of him saying “Americans are dreamers too”. He sounds so condescending and out of touch on immigration. Framing them all as criminals while ignoring the white male American terrorists from the last year.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I did tune in for a few minutes. He read his book report in character. I personally cannot stand it when he talks about other people’s tragedies. Something about the pomp of his voice doesn’t mix with the severity of human loss.

Edit: I just saw a clip of him saying “Americans are dreamers too”. He sounds so condescending and out of touch on immigration. Framing them all as criminals while ignoring the white male American terrorists from the last year.
    Right? I bet the 58 people who were murdered by an angry white American dude had dreams. But no, Americans aren't the bad guys. It's those damn foreigners. *smh*

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You so nailed it, I hate his condescending nature then he follows it up with, some bullshit about how he is going to solve everybody's problems in some vain attempt to sound magnanimous. When are his supporters going to wake up and realize that he doesn't give a shit about anything other then himself. I always say to people who want to engage me in a political conversation who support him is "why would a narcissist want to serve 300 million people?"

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    “Americans are dreamers too”
    Yeah, I know, people breaking their arms patting each other on the back over something that's a foregone conclusion.

It's PRIORITIZING, as if we require it.

We don't.

Everybody can dream.

I just don't get how HEARTLESS some people are out there. Like, so lacking in any compassion, so hateful, so mean, no empathy at all.

Why can't we all just live here in peace, together? How are immigrants from Mexico taking any jobs that Americans want? How is that happening? Show me these jobs.

But nation-state weirdos like Stephen Miller truly believe that our country is in danger of being "taken over" by people other than European whites, and that we somehow need to "protect" it from "invasion."

I am not kidding. He and his followers really believe this. And he's got his hand up the President's ass.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-31-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    You so nailed it, I hate his condescending nature then he follows it up with, some bullshit about how he is going to solve everybody's problems in some vain attempt to sound magnanimous. When are his supporters going to wake up and realize that he doesn't give a shit about anything other then himself. I always say to people who want to engage me in a political conversation who support him is "why would a narcissist want to serve 300 million people?"
    He didn't write any of that speech.

Heil Hitler Stephen Miller wrote it. So when you hear every word out of Trump's mouth, remember it's really Stephen Miller's hand up Trump's ass, like a ventriloquist act.

And whatever (bullshit) calming bipartisan (lol) "GOOD" that was intended, Trump will quickly undo any of it with some dumb Tweet.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    What I don't get is if they like Europe so much, why don't they go back? I mean isn't that the argument used on black people usually? "Go back home", by which they mean go back to Africa?

Can we tell them to go back to Europe?
    Train carrying GOP lawmakers to policy retreat hits truck; 1 dead

Associated Press on MSN.com · 39m

No lawmakers were seriously injured Wednesday when their Amtrak train collided with a garbage truck near Charlottesville, Virginia.
    It's terrible that the individual died, but is there a better karmic example of the GOP this past year?
    Last edited by allegate; 01-31-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    He didn't write any of that speech.

Heil Hitler Stephen Miller wrote it. So when you hear every word out of Trump's mouth, remember it's really Stephen Miller's hand up Trump's ass, like a ventriloquist act.

And whatever (bullshit) calming bipartisan (lol) "GOOD" that was intended, Trump will quickly undo any of it with some dumb Tweet.
    I was more talking about his delivery, and when he goes off script. I know he didn't write it, he doesn't know how to read or write. His smug, smarmy, arrogance just makes me nauseous. As for Stephen Miller I hope somebody assassinates him. Stephen Miller is a vile fucking piece of shit.
    Last edited by Sister Midnight; 01-31-2018 at 01:39 PM.