Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2017.12.16 - Houston, TX @ Day for Night Festival

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfang View Post
    It was great to meet you!

Thanks again for covering audio so I didn't have to worry about it.
    Likewise!!! Great to chat it up!

Wish the tape was better... that wind just makes me sad.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Collecting a few pictures here. The rain made for a really unique experience and really awesome photos. I'm putting these below for archival purposes, not intending to claim these are mine I just think they're awesome shots worth saving here. IG accounts linked below. If you took one of these and don't want them posted here please PM me and I'll remove it.

https://www.instagram.com/odinpics/

https://www.instagram.com/rohofoto/

https://www.instagram.com/nineinchnails/

https://www.instagram.com/rohofoto/

https://www.instagram.com/dhallphoto/

https://www.instagram.com/charles.reagan/

Unknown

Last edited by ekrekel; 01-04-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was one of the best shows I've ever been to, I think my 12th time seeing them. Simply amazing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDee View Post
    This was one of the best shows I've ever been to, I think my 12th time seeing them. Simply amazing.
    Reptile and The Background World in a complete downpour is definitely the best NIN live moment I’ve ever had. And the sheer energy he had was unreal.

Also, why did Reptile sound SO METAL? It was incredible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree completely. It will be hard to top. I was surprised how well it sounded despite the rain & the band were firing on all cylinders.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDee View Post
    I agree completely. It will be hard to top. I was surprised how well it sounded despite the rain & the band were firing on all cylinders.
    Yup. It’s just that i’ve heard Reptile four times now, and this one was the heaviest by a damn mile.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You're onto something; can't say exactly why but Reptile was definitely tighter and heavier than usual. They did spend some of the previous day's soundcheck on it, and the band rented another venue for a rehearsal the day before that. Much respect to Trent for working so hard to deliver performances like this.

I still have photos from front and center to post soon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Photos, for whoever it was that asked me in the pit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Stupidly, I didn't bring a rain sleeve, so the camera stayed inside my jacket for most of the set.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sweet pics! I just saw your TY pics on at ease too.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Fantastic pics, @mrfang !

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That would be me, didn't think you were on ets though, was going to dig up the Igloo article when it posted. Knowing someone up there was getting good shots helped me keep my phone in my pocket. Thanks for the pics and all the recordings over the years. You got several of my shows.

Listening to TBW now, the wind sort of sounds like thunder, very fitting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You're welcome! I'm on the west coast now and I don't get back to Texas more than once a year, but didn't want to miss this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a great show (until NIN got booted and I had to walk 8 or 9 blocks in the rain to my vehicle.) I hadn't seen them since the "With Teeth" club tour in 2005 at Stubbs in Austin. I just wish we could have heard the next two songs, the great destroyer and burning bright (field on fire). Survivalism would have been cool as well as I've not heard anything post "With Teeth" live, but I really would have been pissed if "Somewhat Damaged" would have been on the setlist as it had been on some of the earlier shows this year in that first encore spot. I'm happy to have witnessed that performance considering the atmosphere (that was my third time hearing Reptile and yes, as others have stated it was fucking great in the rain) but I must admit it left me wanting more and feeling a little unfulfilled overall.

I hope they do some non festival dates in the US next year. I will definitely consider traveling to see a full show. I just hope GD and BBFOF are still part of the setlist if And when they do tour again. And of course the show will hopefully be INDOORS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stone; 12-30-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Nice pics. How did you get the camera and lens into the venue? Did you have a photo pass?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Nice pics. How did you get the camera and lens into the venue? Did you have a photo pass?
    He was in the crowd, I don't recall the lens being obnoxiously large and security there was adequate but pretty lenient when it came to camera or cold/rain survival stuff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I did have press credentials for the festival.

My photos were published by Igloo Magazine.