Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 12 Monkeys

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

12 Monkeys

Didn't see any thread for this, so doubtful anyone else here watches it, but..

I'm on the final episode of the first season and I must admit I've been pleasantly blown away with how good this show is. It took me years to fully appreciate the film version, even after seeing it when it was first released, so I was skeptical at best as to how they were going to pull this off as a multi-season show, but it's been one hell of a ride so far. Probably the most mind-boggling television series I've ever seen, the way they leap back and forth through time as the narrative unfolds. Definitely nothing else like it, ever.

The second season just wrapped up about a month ago (I think) and Madelaine Stowe, who played the doctor in the film version, shows up at the end of the season apparently. They've renewed it for a 10-episode third season even though its not doing anything, ratings-wise.

Highly recommended though for anyone who digs Blade Runner or any of that other crazy science fiction shit. The way the saga of this thing unfolds, even just in the first season, is pretty incredible. Can't wait to see what the second -- and eventually the third -- season holds..

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    word. i keeps meaning to check it out. i will soon

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    You know what @NYRexall ? i never caught the original movie.

Do i need to watch it before i get down on the show?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    hey i just finished infinite jest so my brain is currently wired for absurdly fucking dense, @NYRexall

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    dude i started watching it. it's fairly dope.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Well @NYRexall i'm not sure because i fell asleep and my wife thought i was awake and kept turning on more episodes, so i'm going to have to go back and figure it out.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I am not watching the series, but somehow this part from the movie appeared in my mind and it is so strong... what is my subconsciousness trying to tell me?

"I want the future to be unknown. I want to become a whole person again. I want this to be the present. I want to stay here... in this time... with you."