Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: How to Make Music with Your Computer

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beno´de View Post
    Hey, nice to see someone else interested into this sort of thing! I'm a sound engineer (mostly classical music recording but also VR post and other stuff). The Noisemakers stuff is good, I used it to do a binaural mix of a classical music competition recently (you can listen to a cello concerto here).
    Have you gone further with your experiments?
    Thank you! No, I haven't, yet, but I will... soon! Your cello concerto binaural mix sounds pretty good! I want to learn more about this technology, let's talk! (we can chat about it via PM's if other people are not interested about it in this thread.)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I helped create the latest @ianshepherd video about the loudness war. He even called my mix "conservative", like @botley would!

Last edited by wizfan; 07-26-2017 at 09:16 AM. Reason: replaced video with updated version

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Haha well done sir! Even on my Asus SonicMaster laptop speakers I heard the difference

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    teaching myself renoise. little help from plogue chipsounds polski.bandcamp.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got Pro Tools on my laptop a while back, and it's really awesome. It's so much fun recording audio and MIDI stuff on it, and the amount of cool plug-ins you can get is staggering! Native Instruments had a Thanksgiving sale, so I managed to get Massive and Guitar Rig 5, which are fantastic. Also, I stumbled across the Izotope Iris 2 sampler, which Angus Andrew used extensively on the latest Liars record, so I had to check it out! There's so many options for unique sounds, I don't think I've even scratched the surface of it yet.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    got korg's gadget for the iPad really like it
    -Louie

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I've tried quite a few DAWs since I started dabbling in production in 1999, from Fruity Loops to Sony Acid to Cubase to Reason, but in 2011 I'm completely switched over to Ableton Live Suite and it's done wonders to my workflow and get ideas from my head down easier. I started sharing my music online back in 2003 and put out my first album in 2009 and been releasing stuff ever since on streaming services and in digital music stores. I use Izotope Ozone for mastering, NI Komplete Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Korg Legacy Collection, Illformed Glitch, some Sugar Bytes products, with hardware analog synths.