Thread: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Hello, I'm Leonidas. I'm a long time Reznor fan, since the early 90's. I'm becoming an "old man" now but my youth has never escaped me. I'm not that old, late 30's, but I'm certainly not 21 anymore (and that's probably a good thing). I'm also a huge Maynard Keenan fan. In my younger days, I could never decide between Nine Inch Nails or TOOL as being my favorite but as I've grown I've become more partial to Trent's work. I suppose if TOOL ever releases another album, perhaps my (one of my many) internal struggle will once again ensue. Both artists have created music that moves me in one way or another. Being typically quite somber, Reznor's catalog of music has been my go-to for quite some time. I find it strangely comforting to listen to music that provokes emotion when I'm down, particularly when that emotion/music is also somewhat "down". Only the people that really know me would know that I am a pretty dark and solemn individual but have a soft side. I put up a wall of "ego" and have developed an exceptionally sharp tongue simply because people in the work environment tend of exploit weakness... but it's just that, a wall, a facade. I'm tearing down my wall for you guys and gals, don't make me put up a wall here too.

I haven't poked around the forum much so I don't know what to expect but I hope this is a good place to connect with other avid fans and meet some nice people.

Oh yeah, I'm a Texan.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Old.

hahahahhaaaaaaaa

sorry. some of us here got 20 years on ya, so ... yeah ... welcome!

we actually already have an Introduction Thread, check it out: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...580#post331580

(Good thread title, btw! thumbs up)
    Last edited by allegro; 11-21-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Sorry for missing the intro thread. I should have clicked around a bit beforehand.
    Last edited by AngrySniper; 05-21-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...oh, and hopefully I don’t remain a “flaccid member” too late long. After all, I’m a Big Man with a Big Gun!