Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...pping_was_bad/

Y'all see this on Reddit? Amazon in Canada dead just slapped a shipping label on the wrap of the EP, and it showed up in better condition than any of the vinyls that I've ordered.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    ^^^ Canada: Not An Actual Fuck Given

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

Y'all see this on Reddit? Amazon in Canada dead just slapped a shipping label on the wrap of the EP, and it showed up in better condition than any of the vinyls that I've ordered.
    this doesn’t give me confidence about buying my add violence LP from there... yikes haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    The thing is, a refund isn't the point here. Money has never been an option to me when it came to this band/musician/etc. because -- up until this past year -- I always felt like I was getting my money's worth, no matter what I was paying for.

What I'd like is for fans like yourself and others who are getting shafted on merchandise to get what they paid for in one piece, from an entity that seems to have less and less respect for their fanbase when it comes to their merchandise. It would be nice to see Kraw the art director not be a complete dick to people who reach out to him on social media about the vinyl reissue packages that were coming apart, or TR to at least give some kind of "hey, I'm sorry we keep fucking this up" statement instead of ignoring the groundswell of complaints he himself has received and have some kind of hand in the quality control of his official store. So far, it's just been "Here's more stuff you can buy" that turns out to not be limited, exclusive or properly shipped out once the store already has your money in hand.

So yea, as a life-long hardcore fan, it's sad to see. And it keeps happening. Take some measure of accountability and employ some quality control here, so that fans like you and me don't have to throw up our hands and resort to the third-party option just to get our hands on stuff we're willing to pay money for..

That's all.
    see, i was hesitating on being this harsh before but you know what? after Firebrand, then Sandbag...and now this with Live Nation gahhh. yeah i don't know, someone from the NIN camp should be speaking up about this now. its ridiculous!

after thinking about all thats gone on, and about that mission statement over at the NIN site/store, maybe its about time TR think about that statement and specifically about having some of these *exclusive* items (yeah so-called exclusives) be available in the traditional stores for those of us who prefer not to pull out all our hair over items alot of us paid for over a year ago.

its great that we are in 2017 heading into 2018 and all these other ways to purchase and listen to music are popping up but what good are they really if a chunk of your fanbase goes through what we here have gone through? you know what the sad part of this is? theres probably plenty more people who do not visit ETS/do not post here and go through the same frustration so yeah maybe "chunk" is not the proper word to describe how many people are really affected by all this nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered the AV LP and Gone Girl last week. They sent me many many shipping notifications and I knew exactly when it would arrive. I received it Wednesday evening in perfect condition. Then they even sent an email to let me know that my order has arrived. It seems as though they are compensating for the past shit show. Everything was packed well and in pristine condition.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I do not know if I am missing something, but I haven't received any email confirmation about Add Violence LP despite have bought it with Sandbag with the t-shirt, keychain and so on bundle... Does any of you who have bought that in the past months with Sandbag have received any shipment confirmation?

(UK store if it helps)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solvethebox View Post
    I ordered the AV LP and Gone Girl last week. They sent me many many shipping notifications and I knew exactly when it would arrive. I received it Wednesday evening in perfect condition. Then they even sent an email to let me know that my order has arrived. It seems as though they are compensating for the past shit show. Everything was packed well and in pristine condition.
    Update: I was giving my new vinyl a bath in the Spin Clean. Gone Girl has a decent sized blemish that is audible when playing. I sent the issue to Livenation, lets see how they respond.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    you dropped them off without even looking at them?
    No. I opened both tubes and checked both posters to make sure everything was in order first. I just don't remember the print numbers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Time out. Yours arrived wrapped in paper? Talk about being inconsistent. Mine were rolled together, no paper and the one on the outside of the roll wss filthy on the back.

Plus, like I posted earlier, one end was completely open to the elements.
    That's crazy. Mine were in separate tubes, with end caps and wrapped nicely in paper. The inconsistency is baffling.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Went to an independent record store I usually go to and bought Fragile, AV and Broken vinyls...all brand new...nice and shiny and no tears or bends or breaks or any bullshit..Buying vinyl via the mail is a shitshow (esp coming from NIN)...I just buy them in person. I highly recommend it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the poster?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    My Police State poster is flawless and I love it so much. The big NIN logo on the shipping tube was the most exciting thing to see. I’m shocked they charged so little for a poster this high quality and limited.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    What on earth? I would much rather have the poster than the money. That's why I paid for it in the first place. That's not the point. The point is the poster arriving like crushed paper towel. How would accepting that help anything? Accepting that would do a disservice to not only the purchaser but the store itself which needs serious improvement or needs to be overhauled completely.
    Not to mention the artist, who would most likely be disappointed to learn of this, too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

omg lololol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Not to mention the artist, who would most likely be disappointed to learn of this, too.
    Exactly. Trent understands what it means to be a fan. If he's heard of what happened, he'd be pissed. I'm sure he'll have a comment on this. Not just pretend it didn't happen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Happy to say my AV EP + slipmat arrived in from UK NIN store in pristine condition inside a solid card mailer which was good, although a minor issue is that the EP was a bit to free (for my liking) to move about inside the 3/4" larger mailer. Prompt efficient service this far, though hopefully it continues. Bring on the next round of DE's for Christmas!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm also happy to report that all of my order arrived quickly, undamaged and packaged well, with tracking info available throughout the whole process. Thanks NIN store!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Christ. I got mine from Amazon Canada and it was inside an LP box inside another box. Arrived safely. This might be because I had to make them replace the Twin Peaks LP earlier this year though...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got mine from Amazon.ca and it came packed loosely in this, but it's basically in perfect condition, so.... I'll take it? Was scared there for a few days it's might actually arrive like that one from the user on Reddit

Last edited by Sandy Phimester; 11-26-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Also ordered from amazon Canada and mine came exactly like pictured above. Big box and a bunch of those big bubble things. It was also neatly tucked into one of the cardboard folds at the bottom of the box. Kind of clever really.

When i I ordered Before the flood the packaging was vinyl specific and was crazy secure. Not sure why the variance in packaging. Dependent on which warehouse it shipped from maybe.

There's a tiny rip in the inside vinyl sleeve but could've easily been from before shipping.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    My two posters arrived with some damage. As others have said: No paper or anything wrapped around them. Just the posters rolled by hand & shoved into a tube. They have some mild creasing as such. No endcaps on the tube either, which I thought was super odd. Two corners dog-eared a bit, and a random paper scrape on the back of one.

I emailed immediately, they asked for pics of the poster alongside the packing slip, and a day later they issued a complete refund. Was impressed with that, as a compete refund seemed much more than necessary, but I ain't complainin'. Not like we all don't deserve it w/all the $ we've spent on Trent's stuff over the years, plus...fuck Live Nation.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Okay. They get some points back from me.

I explained to them my endless back and forth with Sandbag to get replacement sleeves for all of my albums. Instead, they just sent me new copies of everything - NTAE, Broken, TDS, TF, and Deviations. They didn't ask for any proof or anything. I got Deviations and Broken today, and the rest went to an access point for some reason, but should be redelivered tomorrow or Wed. Holy shit, I just wanted new sleeves. But this is nice. Because now I have copies for listening and copies to keep sealed.

AV should also be arriving today, and they refunded my poster.

At least they are fucking addressing their issues instead of acting like they aren't happening. I have hope.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Got my package today, too! Vinyl was packaged nicely and will serve as my sealed copy. The slipmat looks dope and I'll probably never change it again (unless I get my hands on the red one, maybe).

The shirt, however - the beige/tan "natural" Add Violence t-shirt- isn't quite what I expected. The lettering visible on the front of the shirt isn't actually printed on the front of the shirt, but pressed backwards on the inside of the shirt to make it look like darkened lettering. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it kinda feels like I'm just wearing a t-shirt inside out. Maybe after a wash or two I won't be able to feel the lettering as well, but I'm gonna be honest, I dunno how happy I am with it yet. It fits just as well as the black AV shirt, at least.

Also, just now realized that it straight up just says "VIOLEN" at the bottom. The word doesn't completely wrap around. Hmmm...
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-27-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    My two posters arrived with some damage. As others have said: No paper or anything wrapped around them. Just the posters rolled by hand & shoved into a tube. They have some mild creasing as such. No endcaps on the tube either, which I thought was super odd. Two corners dog-eared a bit, and a random paper scrape on the back of one.

I emailed immediately, they asked for pics of the poster alongside the packing slip, and a day later they issued a complete refund. Was impressed with that, as a compete refund seemed much more than necessary, but I ain't complainin'. Not like we all don't deserve it w/all the $ we've spent on Trent's stuff over the years, plus...fuck Live Nation.
    Yeah, man, it sucks. I ordered two of them and both were badly damaged. They refunded but now I'm back to square one and still wanting a poster.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Has anyone gotten AV from the nin.com store and NOT gotten the slipmat? Wondering if they're out of them yet, mine's still in the mail thanks to the holiday weekend.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Any of you in the same situation or with any info?

Quote Originally Posted by jfsaudio View Post
    I do not know if I am missing something, but I haven't received any email confirmation about Add Violence LP despite have bought it with Sandbag with the t-shirt, keychain and so on bundle... Does any of you who have bought that in the past months with Sandbag have received any shipment confirmation?

(UK store if it helps)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I got my poster over the weekend. Luckily no damage but also no endcaps...instead cardboard circles that appeared to be hand cut (black sharpie guidemarks on the inside). Really odd way to save a buck. They should have shipped them in 1. wider tubes or 2. a box. The long 36" length rolled up puts too much tension on the inside of the tube making it difficult to remove. I nearly creased mine trying to get it out of the tube.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So far so good with these guys. AV arrived no problem. Lots of tracking updates and great packaging. A+ from me so far!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I got my poster over the weekend. Luckily no damage but also no endcaps...instead cardboard circles that appeared to be hand cut (black sharpie guidemarks on the inside). Really odd way to save a buck. They should have shipped them in 1. wider tubes or 2. a box. The long 36" length rolled up puts too much tension on the inside of the tube making it difficult to remove. I nearly creased mine trying to get it out of the tube.

Funny, one side of my tube also had a cardboard circle taped to it, but the other side did have an end cap (which was also taped to the tube). Again, my poster had no imperfections that I could see and the tube didn't have any dents in it either. Just the weird cardboard circle instead of an end cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsaudio View Post
    Any of you in the same situation or with any info?
    I think those bundles included the digital download, not the vinyl.