Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Ordered a poster earlier and it’s already shipped. Shipping was $6.xx which isn’t terrible and sure isn’t $24 or whatever some people are seeing. So far so good...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Put my order in for vinyl, shirts, and the birthday show poster & used my discount code as icing on the cake. Alas, there's a postal holiday that will inevitably delay shipping so I'm not expecting anything until December 1st.

*edit* Well, this was unexpected. I'll believe it when it's on my doorstep the day before Thanksgiving, but this is kinda awesome.

Last edited by FULLMETAL; 11-16-2017 at 09:20 PM. Reason: estimated delivery

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Come home and it's sold out. Yay!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Did anyone try the code they'd sent out previously? I forgot about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I personally have not but I've known others to have used it and it still works. I believe the store post a FAQ and confirmed the codes are still good until June 2018.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    At this point I’m starting to think it IS trent. Fool me once, shame on them, fool me twice, shame on...them. Fool me three times can’t get fooled again.
    I absolutely hold Trent accountable for this nonsense.

In hindsight, it was premature in shitcanning Firebrand before practically anything physical was mailed out. Sure, they screwed up those initial download e-mails, but everyone got situated fairly quickly after that. And how many people who paid nothing up front got their hands on those high quality files simply from the kindness of others who actually paid for them? If Firebrand didn't even have hands on the Deluxe Editions before they were shown the door, then how is it their fault nothing got shipped?

But then he went with Sandbag, whom you yourself pointed out was horrible (by Trent's own admission) years prior when he went that route. He tried them again and look what transpired. His paying customers waited months for poorly-mailed and -- in some cases -- poorly assembled products after buying into the vinyl mission statement.

Now we're finding out that Deviations sure wasn't a limited exclusive anything, and will be available for significantly less in just about every online retailer imaginable. With no explanation from Camp NIN whatsoever.

So yea, I hold Trent accountable here. Practically 100%. If this were happening with a musician like, say, Marilyn Manson, a significant portion of this board would be gleefully roasting him on a spit for it.

And the fact that I spent another $120 today on "exclusive" silk-screened posters and AV vinyl with "exclusive" slip mats should at least give me the right to express some fairly-widespread discontent, methinks.

At least, on the bright side, we practically know the next batch of DEs will be available elsewhere, and at a likely cheaper price..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I just tried mine and it's not working... Maybe because it seems to be a UK code but anyways, I won't worry about it too much seeing as it's not for "The Fragile, Deviations, Broken or TDS" and I'd like to get my hands on the rest of those first.

Their FAQ says to drop them a line and they'll fix it so i might do that one day if I'm not buying elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh, no more PayPal as a payment method?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    I got the exact same quote, I was wondering if they thought NEW Mexico was just Mexico haha. I'll try the zip code thing.
    Got AV Vinyl ordered, shipping to NM for $6.45 w/ Media Mail, didn't use the zip +4.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I absolutely hold Trent accountable for this nonsense.

And the fact that I spent another $120 today on "exclusive" silk-screened posters and AV vinyl with "exclusive" slip mats should at least give me the right to express some fairly-widespread discontent, methinks.
    No. You realize you're supporting this "nonsense"? You're complaining to complain.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    No. You realize you're supporting this "nonsense"? You're complaining to complain.
    pretty sure PBS went into this transaction under the assumption that there wouldn't be any major fuck ups this time around so in that sense he is not supporting this nonsense

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by |mando| View Post
    Got AV Vinyl ordered, shipping to NM for $6.45 w/ Media Mail, didn't use the zip +4.
    Nice! I was able to get the shipping down on the poster by excluding the +4 as well.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ordered off of Amazon. Not dealing with this bullshit again

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was contacted by the NIN customer service team and was told that more vinyl/slipmats are on the way, but they want to have them in hand and ready to ship before they take new orders so they can head out right away.

So I suggest you keep an eye on the store and hopefully you can still score that slipmat you want!

I’m glad the shipping rate issue is resolved at least. Now just patience before the pounce...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I received that same PM, asked them to implement email updates for when AV is in stock, and they replied that they would get it done in a few days. We'll see.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Guess I'm keeping an eye out! Fingers crossed. If I can't get one, I might have an extra physical component I'd be willing to trade off to get one, buuut time will tell!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I ordered two things at 5:08 pm, and I had a shipping notification less than 4 hours later at 8:58 pm.

WHAT IS THIS?!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ordered the Add Violence LP off Amazon.ca

got a poster from the NIN store -

lets see see how this goes

hopefully the third time is the charm...

and discount codes work? I wanna use mine when they release the other definitive editions

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    At this point I’m starting to think it IS trent. Fool me once, shame on them, fool me twice, shame on...them. Fool me three times can’t get fooled again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Check the UK store(link) also as the both the AV + slipmats and posters are still labelled as 'coming soon'. Not sure what international shipment charges will be like for you but I expect we will get stock here sometime. Like I previously mentioned it seems to be a merch company called BSIMERCH.
    (Reload, reload, dang why no 'email me when in stock' option!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Ordered off of Amazon. Not dealing with this bullshit again
    Same here.
    Shipping cost is a shame.
    Shipping is a shame.
    Store's price is a shame.

I will only buy in this store if I don't have another choice.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Slightly surreal, the UK NIN store has had added to it TGWTDT and Ghosts deluxe; both marked "sold out" but I don't think they've ever been for sale via this store. I wonder if they were just added for completion's sake.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eluus View Post
    Same here.
    Shipping cost is a shame.
    Shipping is a shame.
    Store's price is a shame.

I will only buy in this store if I don't have another choice.
    I am fine with the additional cost to support the band tbh. It's the everything else I don't want

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The fact that Cargo in the Blood's price went from $300, to $250, and back to $300 again in less than 24 hours actually makes me really bitter for some reason. It's still unavailable, but...like, what, did Jerry from accounting just not have his shit together or something? If the price never changed, I wouldn't bat an eye, but come on, dude. Now I don't even WANT the fucker.

God dammit. These online store growing pains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Phimester View Post
    and discount codes work? I wanna use mine when they release the other definitive editions
    It worked for me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I'm going to guess the AV slipmat looks a bit like this one https://i.redd.it/ah9gzi9uuvlz.jpg

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I think the Thread title should change from "Sandbag Watch - NIN and Sandbag part, and now we wait." to "NIN Store Watch" hard to keep track from Firebrand to Sandbag to now Shopify.... just sayin'. And yes it wouldn't let me log in either. Thanks to NIN camp passing the word on social media, I would have missed it for sure and been days late and probably miss the limited slip mat. I ordered so fast after the tweet that I am confident I'm getting the slip mat with my AV vinyl order.
    I guess my suggestion took root to some extent... is it weird to quote your self?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    pretty sure PBS went into this transaction under the assumption that there wouldn't be any major fuck ups this time around so in that sense he is not supporting this nonsense
    PBS specifically responded to a post by Tony about being fooled 3 times, then complains about exclusives not being exclusive. Ends the post by mentioning they spent $120 more on "exclusive" things.

I guess we're just not seeing this the same way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    More inventory at the store right now. Go get that slipmat!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was able to pick up the AV vinyl at my local record shop, just north of Toronto (Sunrise Records at Vaughan Mills Mall). In fact, they had all 6 of the available titles in stock:

AV: $24.99
    NTAE: $23.99
    TDS: $39.99
    Broken $29.99
    TF: $49.99
    Deviations $99.99
    and CD copies of NTAE for $8.99.

Prices are in Canadian dollars, so after exchange rates are considered, it pretty much evens out. No ridiculous shipping fees. No 7-10 day wait. All copies were pristine, not a bent spine or cracked corner in the lot.
    Last edited by willgaspari; 11-18-2017 at 08:55 PM.