Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Decided to order the Add Violence from Amazon instead, shipping outside of the US from the NIN store is again, way too costly.

Ordering from nin.com
    AV Vinyl - $20 USD
    Shipping - $17.76 USD

Ordering from Amazon
    AV Vinyl - $21 Canadian
    free shipping (have a Prime account)

I always order from nin.com when I can, but when it's going to cost me over double (after conversion), doesn't seem quite worth it, despite the limited edition slip mat.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I always order from nin.com when I can, but when it's going to cost me over double (after conversion), doesn't seem quite worth it, despite the limited edition slip mat.
    Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. Even with all the shit surrounding the NIN store over the past year, I still really like the idea of ordering from there, but it's just getting to be too much at this point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just went to the new NIN store to order the Add Violence vinyl from INSIDE the US and it's still $17.76 to ship a $20 album.

Insane shipping charge!

Amazon Prime will ship it for free, for less money even, and a return would be painless if needed.

Now I have to ask myself, would I pay $18 for a slipmat on their website. I guess not...

*sigh*

I'm sure it will be packaged well though, for that amount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I’m anxious to hear about how the vinyl is shipped, because there’s no way I’m buying any from them again until I know it’s being handled better. Shipping is still out the ass.
    As for now we can only hope LiveNation will keep their promise (cited from NIN's support page):

"We appreciate that fans want to receive their vinyl in pristine condition. We ship all vinyl in specialized mailers that prevent the record from moving during shipping, and also ensure that the corners will not be smashed."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eimwe View Post
    As for now we can only hope LiveNation will keep their promise (cited from NIN's support page):

"We appreciate that fans want to receive their vinyl in pristine condition. We ship all vinyl in specialized mailers that prevent the record from moving during shipping, and also ensure that the corners will not be smashed."
    that still doesn't explain a $17 shipping charge : /

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just ordered Deviations 1 from jpc.de for 49.99 €. Man I am happy I held back from ordering it when it was exclusive to the nin store. Would've paid at least twice as much with shipping and import fees to Germany. The stuff on the UK store is just way overpriced in general.
    That AV LP bundle looks like a pretty good deal though.
    Last edited by MrMojoRisin; 11-16-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just went back to my cart on their website and it says shipping has been updated...it's now been raised to $24.16 for a $20 album.

Ha! I adjusted it to buy 2 copies, and the shipping charge also DOUBLED again.

Is this for real or a glitch?!

I feel like adding violence at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new store has also one new feature: now buyer has to choose 1 option (flac, mp3 or wav) when buying any DE, Deviations 1 or NTAE LP and AV LP.
    As far as I remember, I was given link to all three formats when I bought Deviations back in February.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    for what its worth, I placed an order this morning and I already received an email that it's shipping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As far as I remember, I was given link to all three formats when I bought Deviations back in February.
    You were lucky, when I bought it in December, it was Flac+Wav+MP3 all jammed into one incredibly HUGE .zip file!! :-D It was so problematic I had to resort to downloading it from a pirate site even though I had the download codes!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    You people are insane still ordering from this site considering every other major outlet will now be carrying them. Thank you based Amazon and Deep Discount!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    The new store has also one new feature: now buyer has to choose 1 option (flac, mp3 or wav) when buying any DE, Deviations 1 or NTAE LP and AV LP.
    no one was supposed to get a link to multiple formats when things were released originally, they just had so much trouble getting the downloads to work they said "fuck it"

all of the releases that have come out since have given you the choice of ONE file format. not sure why that's an issue...just download WAVs and convert them to MP3s if you want them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Unless I'm missing something it's not Live Nation in UK. Just re-registered on the UK store and the email confirmation says "customer services@bsimerch.com". Not heard of them before.
    Last edited by afors; 11-16-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure what people are talking about re: shipping costs. I grabbed the AV and Gone Girl LPs from the US store and shipping was $9.73. Gone girl was $21 ($22.79 on amazon), AV was $20 ($19.84 on amazon). Not that much of a difference unless you have Prime for free shipping. I'd rather support NIN rather than Amazon and I'm putting some (admittedly naive) faith that 3rd time is the charm.

Though I did use my discount code... in hindsight I should have waited.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm in Colorado and shipping came out around $25 for just the EP. I see they are now "sold out", so perhaps there's some bugs in the system?

I hope so, because I want to buy from the NIN store also. But I refuse to pay more for shipping than the actual cost of the item!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm in Colorado too and shipping was $6. Granted, that's for Media but I'm not sure how some people are getting these exorbitant shipping prices. My bet is a glitch. I'm gonna order all the new stuff when it goes live, but I'm just going to the record store tomorrow for my AV 12". Seems easier and frankly, more fun.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm in Canada and the shipping cost for a $20USD EP was $24USD. It was $60+ for priority mail.

I'm glad I ordered it off Amazon.ca where it was listed at $21 CAD with free shipping (any orders over $35. I always have a few items that I can add on to orders like this that I'm not in a rush for to make the order over $35 for free shipping)

The only downfall of ordering from Amazon instead of NIN.com store is I don't get a slipmat. Which sucks but I'll get over it. Maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went to order a poster, and it says $17.76 for shipping on a $30 poster. It must be a glitch.... right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigcomedown View Post
    I went to order a poster, and it says $17.76 for shipping on a $30 poster. It must be a glitch.... right?
    I ordered 2 posters and shipping was $11 to Washington state.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm so sad that there are still so many issues happening with the THIRD vendor running the store. le sigh. poor trent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think I figured out what their glitch is. My US zip-code had the 4 digit extension on it: 80401-4208

If I update my address to reflect just 80401, the price for shipping drops dramatically and there are more shipping options available.

So DON'T ADD a zip-code extension!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilmatters View Post
    I think I figured out what their glitch is. My US zip-code had the 4 digit extension on it: 80401-4208

If I update my address to reflect just 80401, the price for shipping drops dramatically and there are more shipping options available.

So DON'T ADD a zip-code extension!
    To this point, I used just a 5 digit zip and it gave me 4 shipping options. I picked the cheapest (5 to 10 business days).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    I ordered 2 posters and shipping was $11 to Washington state.
    That's crazy. Very inconsistent. I tried removing the last 4 of the zip code, and it only went down to $15.97. I just put my order in anyway, and will try to get it sorted out with customer service. All the limited items are selling out too fast to wait until later

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Here we go again!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I definitely thought I ordered the Add Violence LP, when in fact I had not, and now I feel like I missed the chance to get the slipmat. Piss. >: ( I'll order it in a couple days anyway and we'll see what happens I guess!

And the vinyl was NOT included in the Add Violence bundle, if memory serves. Bummerville.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-16-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigcomedown View Post
    That's crazy. Very inconsistent. I tried removing the last 4 of the zip code, and it only went down to $15.97. I just put my order in anyway, and will try to get it sorted out with customer service. All the limited items are selling out too fast to wait until later
    I got the exact same quote, I was wondering if they thought NEW Mexico was just Mexico haha. I'll try the zip code thing.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm so sad that there are still so many issues happening with the THIRD vendor running the store. le sigh. poor trent.
    At this point I’m starting to think it IS trent. Fool me once, shame on them, fool me twice, shame on...them. Fool me three times can’t get fooled again.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Lmao god damn it by the time Amazon processed my cancellation AV was already sold out. That means no slipmat for me. Mother fuck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Crap. Got home now and went to order the posters and the Sacramento one is sold out. Ordered two of the Can't Seem To Wake Up Tour. Hopefully someone w/ an extra Sacto will want to trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Update: The new customer service issued me a partial refund for the shipping rate error. So, they're better than sandbag already, in that they address issues quickly.