Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sexual Asshatery in the News

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Yes I know.

And the whole reason "cleavage and men looking" was being discussed in the first place was because Cashpiles said: "men must control their behavior, because it can cause harm. However, what about women helping men by wearing clothing that doesn't draw men's eyes to the parts of women's bodies that women don't like random men looking at."

This was a ludicrous statement with no relevance to a thread about sexual assault. Nor did the ensuing conversation that it inspired have any relevance to the thread topic. The only reason someone would bring this up in a thread about sexual assault would be to suggest that women's clothing has something to do with men "controlling their behavior" (i.e: not raping). Which it clearly doesn't.
    Well, you donít get to dictate what is relevant and what not, or the value of other peopleís opinions, but apparently you think you do.

Itís funny how you made one interpretation of what cashpiles said, and i made a different one... it almost makes me think that maybe out interpretations of what we perceive are not absolute because what we read into it is shaped by our own personal experiences which might not be the same to everybody elseís... what a crazy world, eh?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Also, poll, do any women in this thread give a fuck if a man looks at their cleavage? Because HOLY FUCK I don't. I care if someone LEERS or STARES which is a choice and not someone just looking at shit. If they're spending 45 seconds staring at my chest, hey, get a hobby. But a look? God, I don't give a shit. And people thinking this is an issue is just indicitive of them needing several clues.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Well, you donít get to dictate what is relevant and what not, or the value of other peopleís opinions, but apparently you think you do.
    Why do you feel that me expressing my thoughts is "dictating"? We're just posting things on a message board. And I am simply pointing out basic facts of reality, such as: a woman's choice of clothing has nothing to do with men learning how to "control their behavior."

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Also, poll, do any women in this thread give a fuck if a man looks at their cleavage? Because HOLY FUCK I don't. I care if someone LEERS or STARES which is a choice and not someone just looking at shit. If they're spending 45 seconds staring at my chest, hey, get a hobby. But a look? God, I don't give a shit. And people thinking this is an issue is just indicitive of them needing several clues.
    Yeah I don’t care, either; if I’m putting my tits out there, it means I like my tits.

And it ain’t about my sexuality, it’s about me and my tits. I liken it to guys and their biceps. Sun’s out, guns out.

But I’m not reading this thread, anymore; it actually gives me a stomach ache. I wish we had an “ignore thread” feature here.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-03-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    I'm not a woman, but... A quick glance? It's impossible not to if they're on display. I'm in a relationship, and I'm happy, so I even try to avoid "looking at the menu" but it's impulsive... No, I don't stare. But your eyes just go there. It's instinct. It's part of taking in what you're seeing. Ogling or staring would be weird, single or not.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    never though i would post this but... maybe this thread needs to be locked. sexual assault is a pretty touchy subject easily misinterpreted especially on an internet message board. look I find ETS'ers to be some of the smarter out there. but given the anonymous nature. I know people who have undergone sexually traumatic events and even things that most would find innocuous can trigger them in to pretty intense anxiety attacks. which i wouldn't. want for anyone who posts here. I know we're all adults here but we should treat this thread with a little extra sensitivity. OK carry on maybe I'm over empathetic, but sexual trauma, can cause really deep physiological scars. maybe I'm a whatever, I sometimes find it amusing if can find a new creative insult for me, but so far in life when ever I say I've said I've seen or heard it all I'm find I'm wrong as the Chinese curse states, may you live in interesting times.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm not a woman, but... A quick glance? It's impossible not to if they're on display. I'm in a relationship, and I'm happy, so I even try to avoid "looking at the menu" but it's impulsive... No, I don't stare. But your eyes just go there. It's instinct. It's part of taking in what you're seeing. Ogling or staring would be weird, single or not.
    Strong same. Generally, you notice, but you get on with your life. I don't think there's anything wrong in noticing someone, and I don't care if people notice me. Like, I'm super attracted to women. I mostly date women. And there are absolutely shitty predatory queer women, but for some reason, I don't see dialogues about how hard it is for queer women to control themselves with other women, everywhere.

It's insulting to everyone, to make arguments about how men "just can't help themselves" and distracts from the fact that none of us give a fuck about having our cleavage noticed and are talking about sexual harassment, here.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 12-03-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Reasonably relevant to this thread.

edit: JFC, don't read the comment section on that unless you want your blood pressure to spike.
    Last edited by theimage13; 12-04-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    So good!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Why do you feel that me expressing my thoughts is "dictating"? We're just posting things on a message board. And I am simply pointing out basic facts of reality, such as: a woman's choice of clothing has nothing to do with men learning how to "control their behavior."
    Because thatís what you are saying, dictating what is relevant to the discusion and what not. Read that previous post of yours, thatís exactly what you did. It might not relevant to you, but if thatís the case thatís your problem only.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    ^^^ fwiw I also thought it wasn't relevant.

John Oliver did a good thing

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Welcome to sexual misconduct in America, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.

Convicted rapist and generally shitty affluent white boy seeks to have his sexual assault conviction overturned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    And so is Conyers.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I am in love with this. As much as I would have loved to see Kap get the honor - for no other reason than to read the news about the president's heart attack following the announcement - I am so happy to see this as the decision for 2017. Love this decision.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Why is Taylor Swift on the cover? Didn't she make a career out of singing about men who were only with her for a while? She's just as bad as these sexual harassers.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Why is Taylor Swift on the cover? Didn't she make a career out of singing about men who were only with her for a while? She's just as bad as these sexual harassers.
    Swift sued her assailant in court for $1 and won. I think it's a bad ass move for sure and i really want to not like her. But I'd rather see Rose on the cover. She's been so raw since coming out about what happened. I love her for it. Swifty sells tho. She's massive.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    never though i would post this but... maybe this thread needs to be locked. sexual assault is a pretty touchy subject easily misinterpreted especially on an internet message board. look I find ETS'ers to be some of the smarter out there. but given the anonymous nature. I know people who have undergone sexually traumatic events and even things that most would find innocuous can trigger them in to pretty intense anxiety attacks. which i wouldn't. want for anyone who posts here. I know we're all adults here but we should treat this thread with a little extra sensitivity. OK carry on maybe I'm over empathetic, but sexual trauma, can cause really deep physiological scars. maybe I'm a whatever, I sometimes find it amusing if can find a new creative insult for me, but so far in life when ever I say I've said I've seen or heard it all I'm find I'm wrong as the Chinese curse states, may you live in interesting times.
    -Louie
    I think the discussion is relevant and the thread should stay open. Yes some opinions posted are not just wrong but completely fucked up but hopefully by posting they are learning something.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon with some sleazy AF shit...

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Looks like Franken is going down.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Looks like Franken is going down.
    Tweet from yesterday:

"Senator Franken is talking with his family at this time and plans to make an announcement in DC tomorrow."

Yeah, that sounds like a run-up to a resignation announcement. Too bad it's only Democrats that have the decency to resign after being called out for their absurd behavior. This shouldn't be a political or partisan thing, but when only one party does the right thing in light of learning someone's a scumbag...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    republican's always play the demo's like a violin, or charlie brown and Lucy with a football thinking they will do the right thing. they don't, Roy will take his seat in the senate with a smile on his face. continue being a pedophile, pushing anti-abortion laws until one of his child gfs gets pregnant. pounding his bible and pointing his crooked finger at others i think AL should stay if only for this reason alone.
    -louie

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Too bad it's only Democrats that have the decency to resign after being called out for their absurd behavior. This shouldn't be a political or partisan thing, but when only one party does the right thing in light of learning someone's a scumbag...
    Yeah but, realistically, Republicans are openly hostile to women, so it's kind of futile to ever expect anything remotely decent from them. Honestly, I have never had any doubt in my mind that they would fail to get rid of Moore. Why would they sacrifice him? This is not an issue that they are deeply concerned about, so of course they are going to protect their abusers. This an ongoing, fundamental part of their entire culture. Yeah, they might toss out some hollow platitude here and there, but ultimately they could care less about what happens to women. But I hold Democrats to higher standards, and I would have been pissed if Franken had been allowed to stay. It's a matter of principle.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Franken finally says he will step down... soonish... All it took was a ton of his female colleagues raising hell to get him to listen.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    still think this was a bad move, whenever the Democrats do this I am always reminded of the fable about the scorpion and the frog.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Why do you think it was a bad move?

What do you think should have been done?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Why do you think it was a bad move? it won't change anything Moore won't drop out

What do you think should have been done?
    stayed there to remind them of there hypocrisy
    -Louie

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    That would require a level of self-awareness that I don't think most of them operate at.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Sexual Asshatery in the News

My friend thinks that the Democrats are only pressuring Franken to resign so they can go after trump. Like she thinks trump isnít guilty just because people have accused him.

I personally believe the investigation into franken should be finished before heís forced to resign. But I also think he should go.

Trump is in a league of his own. I mention the pussy grabber tape to her and sheís like ďthatís the lifestyle heís used toĒ. Iím like yeah but itís assault. Like how can you be so oblivious to what heís saying?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Franks Will Retire from Congress
    December 7, 2017 at 5:16 pm ESTBy Taegan Goddard0 Comments

Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) is expected to resign from Congress, Roll Call reports.
    “It is unclear exactly why Franks is stepping down, but one Arizona Republican said there had been rumors of inappropriate behavior. The Republican said the congressman had apparently been making plans to run for Senate in 2012, but abruptly canceled those plans.”
    I don't know what the 2012 thing is about but I'm seeing this in a lot of places.