Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fragile - the ULTIMATE re-issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

The Fragile - the ULTIMATE re-issue

So this is almost going on 1.5 years since he first announced it via twitter. I wonder what's the status on this?
    Sure, TSN, TGWTDT soundtracks and HTDA have gotten in the way, but I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate a 5.1 release of this album.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    C'mon Spahn, you have to be used to TR's sense of time by now......1.5 years for us is like 6 months for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure TR's response to this would be 'soon'

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I thought this was announced way, way longer ago then 1.5 years...
    Either way, it's been taking forever!

To be honest, I'd rather have this than all the silly stuff he has been occupied by latley.
    I don't really care too much for the upcoming dragon tattoo soundtrack, and I definatly don't give a damn about this new HTDA at all!
    Maybe if TR and his wife took turns singing on the new HTDA then I would be more inclined to like it, as the music is good, just don't like her voice.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i'd be happy if a bonus CD gets released available separately in digipak with empty slots for original 2 CDs. though it's not realistic, it'd kick major ass.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Reznor can have my kidney, I want the uber-mega-awesome-duodecuple-gatefold version.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    maybe next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am going to get the super duper deluxe edition of this thing no matter what my wife says!
    In 2014 when it is released, that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This should be the next thing Trent works on after releasing the new TGWTDT OST and upcoming HTDA. I love The Fragile, and to just have an "Ultimate re-issue" would be amazing. Hopefully this comes out soon. It would be great to listen to the 5.1 and hear things I didn't hear before.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Well... We know Alan Moulder mixed it in 5.1, and Rob Sheridan had been working with Artist in Residence (A+R) last year with multiple prototypes. The project got shelved temporarily for various reasons (obviously with all the other side work thats been coming out since) ... but lets hope that it just gets picked back up off the shelf and doesn't end up collecting dust.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I hope no one is getting their hopes up that this reissue will end up like those monstrosity "Ultimate Fragile B-Sides Reincorporated" playlists people were making at Ye Olde ETS. The best we will get is 5.1, some unreleased artwork and liner notes and maybe a third disc of bsides, outtakes, demos and other era tracks, kinda like the TDS reissue.

edit: i need to check my spelling when drunkposting.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    The best we will get is 5.1, some unreleased artwork and liner notes and maybe a third disc of bsides, outtakes, demos and other era tracks, more Starfuckers versions.
    There, I fixed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope no one is getting their hopes up that this reissue will end up like those monstrosity "Ultimate Fragile B-Sides Reincorporated" playlists people were making at Ye Olde ETS.
    i dunno. mine's okay. it's only got one track on it that isn't on any form of the album. but some of them got... a little ridiculous. people were putting like every remix and bullshit variation they could find on it.

i'd like to see all of the various versions of the album collected into a definitive version with all actual content from the album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope no one is getting their hopes up that this reissue will end up like those monstrosity "Ultimate Fragile B-Sides Reincorporated" playlists people were making at Ye Olde ETS.
    Hey, I liked my ridiculously bloated extended cut. I crammed *almost* every track I could find in there.

I'm excited mostly for the fact that the article from The Sun seemed to suggest that TF was his 'favourite' album. In the past he always sounded dissapointed with it and I'm glad he can see how delicious it really is.
    Last edited by Strohbie; 12-12-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If TR releases an über-special USD 300 version of this, I just hope we get fair warning, or a pre-order option that doesn't charge right away.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpuppet View Post
    If TR releases an über-special USD 300 version of this, I just hope we get fair warning, or a pre-order option that doesn't charge right away.
    It's going to happen. No way in hell will this not have a $300 LE (as 300 seems to be NullCorp flat rate for LE). Save your money now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    It's going to happen. No way in hell will this not have a $300 LE (as 300 seems to be NullCorp flat rate for LE). Save your money now!
    I'm on it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If the reissue is anything as fancy schmancy like the Ghosts I-IV super deluxe...then hell yeah I am all in for it!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    >>more Starfuckers versions

which will kick ass. yeah.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I know I'm in the minority, but I'd much rather hear new music he has to offer than 5.1 mixes of old music. Of course I want and will buy this, but Halo 28 could be better than Halo 14

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm willing to bet Interscope is fucking him over somehow, which is causing all the delays. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    since it'll likely be on bluray, 24/96 plz! seems likely. also, hi-def would probably be included as a download option, much like the Smashing Pumpkins reissues that just came out (though hopefully not in WAV, considering how well FLAC and ALAC handle hi-res).

and then there's the idea of multitracks...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    since it'll likely be on bluray, 24/96 plz! seems likely. also, hi-def would probably be included as a download option, much like the Smashing Pumpkins reissues that just came out (though hopefully not in WAV, considering how well FLAC and ALAC handle hi-res).

and then there's the idea of multitracks...
    I would love it if multitracks were released for the whole album. I have no clue how to remix anything, but I do enjoy listening to the work other people put into it.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The idea was kicking around in 2004 when they did TDS:DE (TR even brought it up on the old nin.com saying he'd "hope to" have it out before 2009), so it's been way longer than 1.5 years of gestation.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    man. Multitracks for The Fragile. that would be like 100 files per song

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malechite View Post
    man. Multitracks for The Fragile. that would be like 100 files per song
    100 layers of guitar, at least! xD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Definitely looking forward to this.

But I guess its just wait and hope until it gets done...

Any new music would be great though.

Twiggy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rob's twitter

Do you pretty much work year round on projects with Trent?

Yes. Many of which are still secret.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Rob's twitter

Do you pretty much work year round on projects with Trent?

Yes. Many of which are still secret.
    Secretive bastards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly, I'd like to just see the Vinyl version on CD with any applicable non-released era tracks. Shouldn't be too much to ask for.