Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fragile - the ULTIMATE re-issue

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I like three out of the six songs on the EP. So I'm really 50/50 on that. But as far as The Fragile re-release goes.....who cares what's released around the same time? Most of us will buy it. The Downward Spiral 5.1 was amazing enough for me to be excited for this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I fail to see how HTDA would interfere with this release. It seems more likely that record company bullshit is responsible.
    Quote Originally Posted by _incoma_ View Post
    Sorry to bump this but this is bugging me. Appendage is exactly what the title implies. It's a part of Please and not a remix...Just because a piece of music is birthed from a song with a different title doesn't make it a remix.
    Precisely. Regardless of its label Appendage is a great song and belongs on a re-issue.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary Lover View Post
    I fail to see how HTDA would interfere with this release. It seems more likely that record company bullshit is responsible.
    Because Trent/Null is intelligent. If HTDA and Fragile come out at once, it's obvious the media will focus more on NIN's epic re release than what is essentially, in their eyes, an indie, unsigned band. Release HTDA first, let it get all the press it needs, then, if TF is ready, release that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There hasn't been any press for an HTDA release unless I missed it. Unless a tweet and quick mention in a 6 month old interview are press?

More succinctly, Fragile re-issue most likely isn't sitting on a shelf in epic new packaging with 5.1 goodness collecting dust in order to accommodate the release of a new album that has not received much advertisement.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm sure there's a myriad of reasons it's not out yet (possibly the main one being Trent is Trent, and is a perfectionist almost to a fault). Every time someone asks about it, it's confirmed to still be coming, so I'm sure that, whatever the reason, it's not label bullshit. Trent would mention that for SURE.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Havent they just had another kid? I honestly think it will be a while before we see any more NIN/HDA releases, regardless of what he may have said in the past

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Havent they just had another kid? I honestly think it will be a while before we see any more NIN/HDA releases, regardless of what he may have said in the past
    You do know that a new HTDA album is at most a month away right? Trent has not failed to mention the new HTDA work in any recent interview...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Nah Im well out of the loop as you can tell. Fair play if that album is in the can, hes a machine if so

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Millions upon millions of people around the world manage to work when they have children. :/

And Q and TR have money for nannies, and housecleaners and assistants to do errands, if they want/need it. I fail to see your imaginary problem, especially given TR's notorious work ethic.

VVVV It's not like he works a office job. You don't shelve a life's passion.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 04-29-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Millions upon millions of people around the world manage to work when they have children. :/

And Q and TR have money for nannies, and housecleaners and assistants to do errands, if they want/need it. I fail to see your imaginary problem, especially given TR's notorious work ethic.
    And many choose their family OVER work. Especially if they have the luxury of the choice, which of course TR has. Having said that, it's not like he hasn't been busy: at least two film soundtracks in recent times. A very recent tweet that the HDTA LP is now fully mixed. And last I heard Alan Moulder was working on the TF 5.1 mix, I suspect Trent's involvement will be minor, mostly approving it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I want this thing for the vinyl and nice packaging (probably a big reason why it's taking long).

I'm pretty sure there isn't gonna be any unreleased stuff, not with what he has said in regards to that subject on The Fragile. So I'm not gonna hope anymore.

Edit: Oh but I definitely hope he throws in all the songs on CD as it's done on vinyl. Or another sequence. Or the single CD sequence. Anything like that would be a plus.
    Last edited by Amaro; 04-29-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary Lover View Post
    Regardless of its label Appendage is a great song and belongs on a re-issue.
    Do you think it stands alone? I enjoy listening to it in context (after please) but not in isolation.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I can safely place bets that the Fragile will be in it's entirety (containing 10 Miles High, The New Flesh, Appendage, Decay and all the extended versions). We know it will also have a 5.1 mix. I'm not sure what is left of unreleased material, as a lot was given to Saul Williams. I think a third disc called Halo 15: We're In This Together (containing all tracks from the 3 singles) would make any fan happy.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    speaking of which, can someone direct me to the instrumental version of Saul's album?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    speaking of which, can someone direct me to the instrumental version of Saul's album?
    here, but only if you promise to stop throwing “russian hoarders” bullshit here and there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    The 'bay has got it. Minus Convict Colony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I'm not expecting unreleased material, it shouldnt be ruled out completely. Alan says 90 or so unused snippets and TR says 20-25 completed songs "in the vault" so its not unreasonable to assume there is some remaining Fragile material that could end up on a deluxe release.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Do you think it stands alone? I enjoy listening to it in context (after please) but not in isolation.
    Yes. Perhaps due to the fact I first heard it as a stand alone? While it certainly compliments Please (which is still one of my fav Fragile tracks) I like it just as much alone.

Someone mentioned adding the WITT singles which would also be nice. I don't have the physical copies for all of those.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

VVVV It's not like he works a office job. You don't shelve a life's passion.
    Yes and im sure his wife and children are not his life's passion amd he would rather play music for you than watch his children make the first big leaps

i'm not the only one using my imagination! Please.

And if you dont shelve a life's passion, what was he doing between 2001 and 2004? Why did he take so long between albums in the 90s? Because he had personal issues, they came first

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    You realize you just compared the consequences of a man's life-threatening addiction to having a family? Right?

And I remind you that both spouses are in the same business, and they are artists. Work and family are not mutually exclusive, especially with those two bonus factors in play.

VVV Who said fuck all about touring? This conversation has been about the release of music, so I think you do have the wrong end of the stick.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 05-18-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    You realize you just compared the consequences of a man's life-threatening addiction to having a family? Right?
    ...are you married? Do you have kids? They're similar in that they occupy your thoughts and time in a huge way (and they cost lots of money and hair). I don't know them but I doubt they're going to do a Courtney and just get the nannies to teach the baby it's first words etc. 99% of parents would like to be there for that stuff. and 99% of women who gave birth in the past 12 months probably don't fancy touring (although more power if she does)

I don't really see why you're inferring it's a bad thing to compare the two... I'm not saying a family is a negative thing like drug/alcohol addiction is, I'm just saying they both consume time & tend to get prioritised over work - that is, if you prioritise them, and given how little we've seen of TR since 2009... I'd say he has his priorities in order

edit -
    What is the debate here anyway? That his work/art will always come before his personal life? We know that isn't the case. You seem annoyed, I'm not sure why... sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-18-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    If spending time with his family is the reason for the delay in the release of these things, I totally respect that, and say he should delay it as long as he needs to. I work with kids, and those that are raised by loving parents tend to be way better behaved than those that are raised by nannies.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Stop bringing up his family you weirdo. Even bringing it up to defend him sounds weird.
    Last edited by Rdm; 05-18-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    OK, let's talk about how likely a tour is and just pretend we don't know he has a new family & not take that into account, that would be less weird

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    man, the sense of entitlement around here is staggering. the man owes you nothing. quit the speculation and debate about what someone's life is like and what their priorities are, because it comes off as creepy, entitled, selfish, and most importantly, stalker-iffic. i would love that fragile reissue just like the rest of you, but for chrissakes...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I dont feel entitled... Quite the opposite, i would love a tour but from what i hear, i wouldnt expect one soon, and thats fair enough. I dont think a htda tour is likely and was outlining exactly why on account of a handbags comments about imagined problems (i think its rational to expect a tour later rather than sooner, considering. No stalking involved, all deductions based on public announcements etc).

I think fragile SE will come out first, and the htda closer to a time when they are more likely to tour. BUT i appreciate that the Htda LP seems ready to go and would be overjoyed to have every single one of my assumptions proved wrong

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I really want the Fragile SE to come out before next April as it's my 40th and I would love just for once to get a deluxe set as the Fragile is still my favourite NIN album - I figure its the perfect 40th present, completely frivolous and something I would never be able to justify buying for myself

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I want a "fuck you" button.

VVV You are the only person who has brought up touring. Look at you, imagining things again.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 05-18-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Because I don't agree with you that a tour is likely? Get something real to be angry about

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Stop bring up his family you weirdo. Even bringing it up to defend him sounds weird.
    If you bring this ethos into the HTDA threads it's going to make things a bit tricky

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    How about we don't talk about his family AT ALL. it just seems very weird and creepy. If he wants to continue working on albums and being a parent that is his business, and in my opinion is very normal.