Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Little Things That Make You Great

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Little Things That Make You Great

post some fucking positive things about YOURSELF. what do you like about you? not an ego thing, more like self affirmation. if we can't love ourselves...

i can draw anything i see, loyalty: my coffin will be made of secrets, decent vocabulary...still learning and will forever, and empathy.

my ruin is motivation. i give a fuck, but only at certain times and places.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm a Libra (Sept 29) and an Earth Dragon (1988). Thus, my life is supposed to be perfectly awesome. WHY ISN'T IT THEN?!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    peaks and valleys, man.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    february sucked by the way. not looking forward to smarch.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Um, congrats on the positive thread.

I am highly organised and have a killer rack.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    i can find the humour in almost every situation.
    i can drop my ego quite quickly, even when i don't want to.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I am the best procrastinator I know.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Icklekitty, someone recently complemented me on how organized I was AND another person, last year, told me I had the nicest tits they had ever seen, hahaha! I guess I can say, that makes me feel pretty great.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm intensely logical and rational. I'm like a goddamn Vulcan.
    I have a great deal of self-confidence.
    I can learn just about anything pretty quickly.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i taught myself how to juggle.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    im learning to whistle and im saving money again...

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    im learning to whistle and im saving money again...
    i've never been able to whistle or snap my fingers.

on topic: i love every dog on earth. i think each and every one of them is adorable and worthy of the unconditional love they want to give. both of my boys are rescues and i'll inevitably adopt another, but the pound is a profoundly damaging place for me to be. i sob the whole time.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i've never been able to whistle or snap my fingers.

on topic: i love every dog on earth. i think each and every one of them is adorable and worthy of the unconditional love they want to give. both of my boys are rescues and i'll inevitably adopt another, but the pound is a profoundly damaging place for me to be. i sob the whole time.
    i hear you on the pound being devastating.
    i can't go to zoos, animal shelters or pet shops. they literally make me physically ill and depressed for a long time afterward.

we don't have a dog, but i dream of the day we do.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    -awesome black humor
    -love my wife no matter what (she has some psychological issues and it's hard to stay sometimes)
    -can photoshop Trent in nearly every picture

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    hell yeah, you guys.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was once given an award at work for being the best 'fractious cat wrangler' in the clinic.
    I also don't know how to be mean to anyone. This unfortunately more often than not ends up with me being taken advantage of because I always naively think other people are decent human beings. Spoiler alert: they aren't

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I've been told and I agree that I have a pretty awesome laugh.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i had a tire blow out going 80 miles an hour (not speeding, that's the limit here) on i-84. i wanted to just sit there and wait for a tow, but i ended up putting the spare on and made it home fine.

i've never changed a tire before.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    I was once given an award at work for being the best 'fractious cat wrangler' in the clinic.
    Yeah, cat wrangler, here, too, although not fractious; they call me the "Cat Lady" because cats seem to just like me for some reason, maybe because they know I like them?

Currently we have four cats; one cat is a diabetic requiring 2 insulin shots per day; one cat has IBD (irritable bowel disease) and is on prednisolone; one cat has anxiety and is on amitriptyline. Plus, I've been feeding a neighborhood cat who has been showing up on my back porch for the last week, gah. The kitten we rescued from a group of feral kittens and we rehabilitated is now 10 and she's a character and, knock wood, has nothing wrong with her at all.

And we have a nearly 13-yr-old dog who has been totally blind for 3 years (SARDS) plus has glaucoma in both eyes (one eye had the shot into her eyeball to basically "kill" the eye when her pressure in that eye wouldn't come down from over 40 despite all the glaucoma drops and we are now facing the same procedure in her other eye), plus she has Addison's so she's on cortisone. For now, she gets 3 different eye drops, 3x per day.

Two of the cats are on special food, the IBD cat gets a human probiotic via a syringe + lactose free milk into her mouth 1x per day, and the only way I can give the anxiety cat the amitriptyline is via ham baby food.

So you could say these animals hit the pet lover Lotto. But we haven't been able to leave the house for more than several hours for over 4 years unless we take the dog and hire our vet tech petsitter.

The dog's daily eye drops, alone, are over $100 per month. The cat's insulin (Lantus Solostar pen) is $80 and it lasts about 2 months, plus the needles for the pen are $45. The other cats' meds are about $15 per month.

Since we have no kids, a big chunk or our "estate" is going toward various animal charities designated in our Trust, including the cage-free no-kill feline shelter where we got two of our kitties. (The other two were strays off the street.)

We would not say this makes us "Great" per se, but it maybe makes us qualify for a tax deduction as a shelter? LOL.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-14-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah, cat wrangler, here, too, although not fractious; they call me the "Cat Lady" because cats seem to just like me for some reason, maybe because they know I like them?

Currently we have four cats; one cat is a diabetic requiring 2 insulin shots per day; one cat has IBD (irritable bowel disease) and is on prednisolone; one cat has anxiety and is on amitriptyline. Plus, I've been feeding a neighborhood cat who has been showing up on my back porch for the last week, gah. The kitten we rescued from a group of feral kittens and we rehabilitated is now 10 and she's a character and, knock wood, has nothing wrong with her at all.

And we have a nearly 13-yr-old dog who has been totally blind for 3 years (SARDS) plus has glaucoma in both eyes (one eye had the shot into her eyeball to basically "kill" the eye when her pressure in that eye wouldn't come down from over 40 despite all the glaucoma drops and we are now facing the same procedure in her other eye), plus she has Addison's so she's on cortisone. For now, she gets 3 different eye drops, 3x per day.

Two of the cats are on special food, the IBD cat gets a human probiotic via a syringe + lactose free milk into her mouth 1x per day, and the only way I can give the anxiety cat the amitriptyline is via ham baby food.

So you could say these animals hit the pet lover Lotto. But we haven't been able to leave the house for more than several hours for over 4 years unless we take the dog and hire our vet tech petsitter.

The dog's daily eye drops, alone, are over $100 per month. The cat's insulin (Lantus Solostar pen) is $80 and it lasts about 2 months, plus the needles for the pen are $45. The other cats' meds are about $15 per month.

Since we have no kids, a big chunk or our "estate" is going toward various animal charities designated in our Trust, including the cage-free no-kill feline shelter where we got two of our kitties. (The other two were strays off the street.)

We would not say this makes us "Great" per se, but it maybe makes us qualify for a tax deduction as a shelter? LOL.
    I am all about the animals but am constantly amazed by people who dedicate so much time and money to the "old and broken" animals out there. I don't know if I could do it outside of work though. I guess I am dedicating a lot of my time and money too but in a different way

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    I am all about the animals but am constantly amazed by people who dedicate so much time and money to the "old and broken" animals out there. I don't know if I could do it outside of work though. I guess I am dedicating a lot of my time and money too but in a different way
    I don't know how vets and techs do what they do, I could never do it. One of my cats, years ago, starting having signs of kidney failure and needed subQ fluids and they wanted me to do it at home so they tried to show me how ... and I damned near passed out. I can give my cat a shot of insulin, but I sure as fuck can't put a subQ needle under the cat's skin with a bag of saline for a while, that was beyond my capabilities, let alone all the other shit that vets and techs see and do each day. I've rescued animals hit by cars, shredded bones and stuff, and just SEEING it while taking them to a vet hospital was enough. Ugh. Kudos to you and those in the trenches doing this daily.

The hardest part about what I do is the current volume and doing it alone sometimes, and having to juggle it all; I keep Excel checklists to remember all of the meds schedules, otherwise it would all come crashing down. FOUR litter boxes plus the meds plus the food at 8 am before you go to work, alone, yeah. Cleaning up after a blind dog peeing and pooping everywhere, plus dealing with the IBD cat whose "issues" never fully go away (at 15) means chasing after her to wipe her butt all the time, ugh. It's a never-ending job. I really love the days when my husband's schedule means he leaves in the afternoon so he is home to help me with "the chores" in the morning, it REALLY helps to split it up. I'm sure it must be the same way in clinics when there is more staff vs. hardly any staff. You all have my utmost respect, that's for sure.

We found out yesterday that growth rate of the mass in our dog's anal gland has accelerated rapidly, and the vet just called and said the blood test indicates a rise in calcium levels; all of which point to cancer, which means our dog has a limited time left. She's now on pain meds and we assume she only has a few months left. She's become my very best pal, so this is gonna be pretty hard!
    Last edited by allegro; 07-16-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm a walking Wikipedia. When people who know me want to know something, they call me instead of searching the Internet.

I also have a creepily accurate sense of what time it is at any moment without having a clock around or a watch.

And my nephews and my niece call me "the living GPS".

Personally, I think I'm weird.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    today Iam great. and fuck anyone that says different, got a call last night I fucking got the HP job!!!! so fuck you, maybe i should get a job at best buy. yes IAm hacker, I know you thinks its bad, or criminal, dob't think I didn't noticeall my def con shit vanishing. mayb I'll go this year on HP's dime. f-u and all your nrgitive shit everyone can fuck right the fuck off If just for one day. Idid Icame back so screw all the naysayers =louie!!!!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    today Iam great. and fuck anyone that says different, got a call last night I fucking got the HP job!!!! so fuck you, maybe i should get a job at best buy. yes IAm hacker, I know you thinks its bad, or criminal, dob't think I didn't noticeall my def con shit vanishing. mayb I'll go this year on HP's dime. f-u and all your nrgitive shit everyone can fuck right the fuck off If just for one day. Idid Icame back so screw all the naysayers =louie!!!!!
    Yay louie I am so happy for you!!! What a comeback after the stroke! High five, man! Yeah go def con now on the social media louie LOL
    Last edited by allegro; 07-16-2016 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    used BOSS BR-8 br8 Roland Digital Recording Studio Int. Shipping 160502

it was your coment that got me fired up, it's been tough, me and my mom don't really get along, she's kinda like the church lady church lady and i'm this cyberpunk hacker dude to dissabled depent guy who has to socailly awkward dependent guy is no fun so having to move back home finding myused BOSS BR-8 br8 Roland Digital Recording Studio Int. Shipping 160502, gone, why don't sell all mys guitars andmy golf clubs, you'll never be able to use them, don you know how to shave, uour shirts on backwards why ae wasting all that money on books, bitch bitch bitchhow are you ever going livet on your own. now its the move to indy which now i'm kinda doing for the lulz, that is if we both make it somewhere in wyoming " shit i think I fogot toput the gas cap on, can youcheck brrr,,, where a going??? brrrrrrrrr..............but my sister brought it upon her self , If feell sorry from my bro in-law, my nephews are already not being raised "xstain enough" but used BOSS BR-8 br8 Roland Digital Recording Studio Int. Shipping 160502 but allegro maybe meet chicago and have a libation i'm really not as angry as I sound just been a rough year...thanks for the support and venting now that I see some light-louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Hey louie I think ya hit control-v paste a few times in your response or something, but I am glad to be of encouragement. Yeah ya don't really need all that negative shit if you want to heal and recover and get your life back.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:18 PM.