Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Harvey Weinstein

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Females having to “explain our logic” as to our experiences and how we fight but get nowhere is when I know I’m just up against a “notallmen” argument, putting the onus on us and our individual superpowers that we are too stupid and wimpy to know we have to fix this problem. After 40 years of (cough) “explaining” (defending), forget it, useless. But, it’s nice that so many guys here really "get" it.

- John harasses Betty

John made the choice to do something illegal, immoral and reprehensible to another human being

It isn’t / shouldn't be up to BETTY to handle harassment and or assault or abuse and take John out of the RESPONSIBILITIES picture; IT SHOULD NOT have fucking HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE. John had the option of not being a fucking ASSHOLE, thereby not putting all these CHOICES (post abuse) on Betty. SOCIETY (legislation, peer pressure, education) is also expected to protect Betty-the-fellow-citizen.

Compare to this:

- John shoots Tom in the head

Tom can then:
    - call the police
    - drag himself to a hospital if he regains consciousness
    - write a note with his own blood saying “John shot me” before he dies

It’s allllllllll about Tom and his choices?

Lol lol
    Last edited by allegro; 10-20-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Jesus. let's bring it back to some good news, eh?

Kevin Smith is donating his Weinstein residuals to a charity for women in filmmaking

Listened to babble-on this weekend and you could tell he was upset about this.
    This is a good thing. Taking every bad thing that Harvey had done and put it to good use so that we can hear more voices. Thank you Kevin for doing what is right.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think it's good people are starting to speak up amazon guy they were like bye! with a quickness. and just a little tip guys if a girl wants to fuck you I'm pretty sure she'll let you know.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Lets play a game. Lets build a list of people who we think are good people that won't ever fall under this kind of news? Who are the good ones? I know tons were surprised with Joss Whedon was outed.
    But that's the scary part, is that you never know who it's going to be. It comes out often being people you'd never suspect.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm nervous that the Louis CK rumors are gonna pop up again and then actually be confirmed. That will be so heartbreaking & disappointing to me if true, as I absolutely love the man.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I'm nervous that the Louis CK rumors are gonna pop up again and then actually be confirmed. That will be so heartbreaking & disappointing to me if true, as I absolutely love the man.
    Yeah, this is (allegedly) well known amongst comedians. I think it was Jen Kirkman that said it out loud on a podcast. He wanted her to watch him jerk off.

I still like Louie’s comedy. He’s very talented for sure but as a person? Not as much.

If there are any heroes left, they’re few and far between.

@DigitalChaos Just to participate, I’ll put Joseph Gordon-Levitt out there as a guess in your game. He just always struck me as a decent level headed person.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    @DigitalChaos Tom Hanks seems the obvious one. I maintain that Forrest Gump only works because of how personable he is and how much of that comes off when he's on screen, that there's literally nobody else you could see playing the role and not think they were doing this for the Academy Award he rightly deserved winning for it. More important to that is how good he comes off in interviews, too.

2nd to him would maybe be Spielberg.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    this is problem with anything with sex in our current digital age where sex is such currency. I was a fan of antony weiners. I do think a lot of people have a ligitimate problem, and need councling. first admit you have issues. then seek help.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Problem is, power corrupts so many people who would have otherwise been fine. *insert libertarian tie-in here*. The only humans that seem to survive it are the ones who don't want the power. And I can't think of celebs who fit that.
    I suppose it depends on what their motives are. If it's just to be famous, then yeah they want the power that goes along with it obviously. But if it's someone who began with a genuine love of acting, does theater and a few commercials when they're a kid and *poof* they're the ruler of the box office, that's where things get murky. Considering the wide-spread response to this, not just as "celeb news" but as something that resonates with people's lives, this lends more and more the idea I've heard more than once that Hollywood is just high school with money.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oliver Stone, not too surprising:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/oli...in-1201886950/

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    He's a real scumbag. The person I heard he harassed is actually one of my favorite Playboy Playmates who was also the girlfriend of former KISS drummer Eric Carr until his passing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Good article, sexual harassment in restaurant kitchens:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anthon...club-is-no-fun

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The entertainment industry knew about Weinstein, Hollywood is all about money and power and it is shame that it took this long to get Weinstein out of there. I hope this is a beginning to a less sexual harassment Hollywood. Apparently Weinstein harassed one of my favorite actresses Eva Green. Weinstein is a piece of shit.
    This does happen everywhere and in every industry and at every level of the workplace. This really needs to be a issue in the 2020 election women have put with this shit too long, its bad enough that women can't get equality in the workplace with regards to pay and salary. Then you have assholes like Weinstein running around out there making things that much more difficult.
    There needs to be an equality for all movement in the 2020 election.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 10-19-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I read about the naked audition Jennifer Lawrence had to do and it made me sick. They had to audition wearing nothing but tape to cover their privates. How degrading!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/o...weinstein.html

Excellent detailed and nuanced essay from Lupita Nyong’o about her experiences with Weinstein.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/o...weinstein.html

Excellent detailed and nuanced essay from Lupita Nyong’o about her experiences with Weinstein.
    Ugh I came here to link that same article, OMG that guy needs to be put before a firing squad.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'd like to see him castrated or be beaten up to a bloody pulp by all of the women he's raped and harassed and to all the filmmakers he fucked over.

Edit: 10/20/17. Here's a follow-up video from Evan Rachel Wood about this wave of people coming out about their sexual abuse experiences. I love this woman and I'm glad she's able to get through this and be OK for herself and her child.

Last edited by thevoid99; 10-20-2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: to avoid double-posting.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double-post but honestly, fuck the Italian press for going against Asia Argento: https://qz.com/1105645/italys-respon...deep-misogyny/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think she's been mentioned here already, but Jessicka Adams from Jack Off Jill expanded on what she'd been vaguely referring to over the last few months with a pretty scathing indictment of Jeordie White (aka Twiggy Ramirez) of Manson/NIN fame. I don't have the link handy but it's on her Facebook page, reshared on the Jack Off Jill page.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This Twitter thread is AWESOME!!!

https://twitter.com/kateharding/stat...71290751574016

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-2...f-rape/9097166

Now Annabella Sciorra and Darryl Hannah, with all the actresses coming forward and speaking out. It almost seems like as these actresses popularity or ability to work were affected after their confrontations with Weinstein and if it can be proven that after Weinstein attacked them and then they were kept from working then I hope they sue the shit out of Weinstein and Miramax.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Ugh, God, I could only get a little more than halfway through that article and I actually started getting an upset stomach, like a little nauseated, and I had to stop reading it for a while, not sure when I'll be able to read the rest.