Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: The Trilogy's End

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    He shouldn't be concerned with the conventional thought behind what length technically constitutes an EP. It should just be the length that feels right. Who cares if the (no longer relevant) industry standard dictates that EPs are traditionally under 25 minutes – by that logic, Add Violence isn't an EP.
    Neither is Broken if you account for the covers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    He shouldn't be concerned with the conventional thought behind what length technically constitutes an EP. It should just be the length that feels right. Who cares if the (no longer relevant) industry standard dictates that EPs are traditionally under 25 minutes by that logic, Add Violence isn't an EP.
    I was actually going to remark this.
    It is true. And I think the same. I couldn't care less about the time.
    But let's say 7 tracks under 35 minutes, mostly of it constituting of the average track length in the two previous EPs.
    Trent would definitely make up for the delay.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    5 NIN songs in 2016 along with Before the Flood soundtrack AND unreleased Fragile tracks
    5 NIN songs in 2017 along with Patriots Day & Vietnam soundtracks (and the Vietnam soundtrack is amazing)
    5? NIN songs in 2018 along with a tour and who knows what else?

So he missed getting the 3rd EP out by a few months...considering the quality of the output over the last few years, I'm pretty satisfied so far!!
    Totally! I am so happy Trent is the most prolific he's ever been lately, and I know it sounds whiny as fuck to complain about stuff like this. It's the curse of expectation, though. I described NTAE as the NIN I had been waiting for since 2002, so my expectation for "two major works" was at least one, potentially two full-length albums in the vein of NTAE, but instead we got a second EP which is aesthetically completely different (though I also love the shit out of it), and a third EP which seemed like was nothing more than some notes in a notebook as of the last time he mentioned it.

And yes, I love the soundtrack work, and I'm very glad they're always taking on new projects, but there's something about a full length Nine Inch Nails album that nothing else can replace, you know?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    A single. Or a song on a movie soundtrack. Does that count?
    "Dude! Have you heard U2's latest minor work?"
    "You mean their new single?"
    "Yeah. That's what I said."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Totally! I am so happy Trent is the most prolific he's ever been lately, and I know it sounds whiny as fuck to complain about stuff like this. It's the curse of expectation, though. I described NTAE as the NIN I had been waiting for since 2002, so my expectation for "two major works" was at least one, potentially two full-length albums in the vein of NTAE, but instead we got a second EP which is aesthetically completely different (though I also love the shit out of it), and a third EP which seemed like was nothing more than some notes in a notebook as of the last time he mentioned it.

And yes, I love the soundtrack work, and I'm very glad they're always taking on new projects, but there's something about a full length Nine Inch Nails album that nothing else can replace, you know?
    Yeah, this EP experiment has been fun and songs like these might not have happened otherwise, but I do hope they do a full-length album next and hopefully we don't have to wait until 2022 to get it! I would LOVE more music like NTAE – it's also my favorite NIN release in a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope EP #3 is terrifying, as harsh and punishing as Tetsuo: The Bullet Man and Not The Actual Events, and yet the catchiest thing ever released with Trent's name on it.

Obviously I'll be excited for whatever he has in store for us but since we're just shooting in the dark right now that's the idea that really gets me revved.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    All I know is that The Idea of You, Burning Bright, and This Isn't the Place are some of my favorite NIN songs since The Fragile and I want more like them!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think these 3 EPs will set the grounds for the next album - how it will sound.
    Trent will read about what is pleasing fans most - and of course - the three EPs are actually fine by him.
    I think it's an experiment for the next full length 16 song album.
    Have you ever imagined a "NTAE"-like FULL LENGTH?
    But I believe there will be a great deal of AV lovers as well...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    I think these 3 EPs will set the grounds for the next album - how it will sound.
    Trent will read about what is pleasing fans most - and of course - the three EPs are actually fine by him.
    I think it's an experiment for the next full length 16 song album.
    Have you ever imagined a "NTAE"-like FULL LENGTH?
    But I believe there will be a great deal of AV lovers as well...
    He doesn't give a shit what is pleasing fans lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm ready for EP 3. Trent?...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    He doesn't give a shit what is pleasing fans lol
    That's why we have Hesitation Marks, then?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    That's why we have Hesitation Marks, then?
    Exactly. Trent does what Trent does. He's said this in interviews as well.