Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Trilogy's End

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I doubt it will be the case, but I would love it to be the case that the third EP completes an abstract picture for us, and we're then presented with a definitive order for a 15-track album that's comprised of all the EP songs. Were that the case, I'd be shocked if "Branches/Bones" weren't the ultimate opener and "The Background World" the absolute closer. But again, I doubt it'll happen that way.
    This is actually a good thought for a turn over.
    The EPs were never EPs but an entire album.
    It's like parts of it had been released to spice it up, grouping the similar tracks to feel like an EP.
    But what if it is actually an album and "not really the actual ep events".
    That will catch me OFF guard.
    The good thing is that I didn't order anything yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    There's a lot more that goes into a film or TV project. To bust out a 5 song EP is relatively easy. I can't see them bailing on this project.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing. Making 5 (or maybe even 6 or 7?) more songs shouldn't be too hard for them.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    To form further links back to past works in order to mystify the NIN community, it would be optimal if each LP sleeve would be filled with honey and contain a slight puncture to denote prior locations and/or form a traceable shipping route if dealing with Sandbag

Yes, I've had a bit of cough medicine today

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was pondering over the sums of these EPs...
    I struggle to find a connection between NTAE and AV.
    The songs don't match for an album...
    NTAE is more like With Teeth... and AV is more like Hesitation Marks or Year Zero.
    I wonder what will it come out of the third EP and whether there is a connection between them.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 10-13-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I agree somewhat, but I see it like this: NTAE is like Broken/With Teeth/HM, AV is like The Fragile/With Teeth.

The name of the 3rd EP is Bleedthrough.
    Nah, man. The name of the third EP is 'cauterize'. (though Manson would call it 'caught her eyes' lol)
    Last edited by Lew; 10-18-2017 at 08:44 AM.

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    I want something in the vein of Still for the third EP.
    If the eps are supposed to be a sort of microcosmic representation of NIN as a whole, i'd be willing to bet that the "callbacks" will be to both PHM and HM and the album will be exceptionally smooth, albeit in a slightly denser, more "artsy" fashion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As stoked as I am for this new EP to get here, part of me is going to be bummed when it does. It's been nice the last 14 months knowing that new NIN music is coming. After this EP is released, who knows when we'll get more.