Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: The Trilogy's End (speculation)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I have a strong feeling it will be out way before June. Any day now.
    Don't get me wrong. I WANT it now.
    I WANTED it in March, when it was supposed to come out.
    But, despite what we want...we're getting it in June.
    And I can handle that.
    Barely.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I WANT it now.
    I WANTED it in March, when it was supposed to come out.
    But, despite what we want...we're getting it in June.
    And I can handle that.
    Barely.
    Like I said, I bet we will get it before.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    With how many massive waits there have typically been between NIN albums and tours I can easily handle under a year between Add Violence and the next EP. Both of the last EPs have held up and still feel fresh to me anyways.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    With how many massive waits there have typically been between NIN albums and tours I can easily handle under a year between Add Violence and the next EP. Both of the last EPs have held up and still feel fresh to me anyways.
    Yep. AV still feels new to me, and after this EP, we have no promise of any new NIN material. Could be a couple or several years. Having become a fan in 1994, I am still used to long silences between releases and can't totally fathom the run we've gotten recently (TFD1's new tracks included) — even with the YZ/Ghosts/Slip era, though I enjoy these a lot more. I really look forward to #3 but I'm fine with the wait.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I get the feeling after the 3rd EP it'll be the last we get from NIN for a good while (i expect the Score to take most of the bulk of new music until TR and AR get the inspiration to write more NIN again) so i'm going to savour it. But i could be wrong, i'm just a pessimist.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I get the feeling after the 3rd EP it'll be the last we get from NIN for a good while (i expect the Score to take most of the bulk of new music until TR and AR get the inspiration to write more NIN again) so i'm going to savour it. But i could be wrong, i'm just a pessimist.
    I was actually thinking the opposite. I feel like this new bout of mini-albums might be fuling something bigger.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was actually thinking the opposite. I feel like this new bout of mini-albums might be fuling something bigger.
    I feel the same way. Didn't they mention that these releases would lead into something else? I seem to remember mention of an album of sorts, maybe with the songs reworked, etc.

I might just be crazy. I also still find it very odd that they mentioned 3 (or was it 2?) "major works" for 2017 and I don't really feel like that ever materialized. Either they bit off more than they could chew and gave up on something, or there is something bigger coming. I'm still waiting for some reveal that makes all the artwork make sense in the bigger picture.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I feel the same way. Didn't they mention that these releases would lead into something else? I seem to remember mention of an album of sorts, maybe with the songs reworked, etc.

I might just be crazy. I also still find it very odd that they mentioned 3 (or was it 2?) "major works" for 2017 and I don't really feel like that ever materialized. Either they bit off more than they could chew and gave up on something, or there is something bigger coming. I'm still waiting for some reveal that makes all the artwork make sense in the bigger picture.
    Or the third EP was originally supposed to come out in 2017, but wound up taking longer to make than they anticipated. Chances are the only other music coming out this year will be in the form of a movie score.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I might just be crazy. I also still find it very odd that they mentioned 3 (or was it 2?) "major works" for 2017 and I don't really feel like that ever materialized.
    2017 was a pretty busy year for them. Besides Add Violence, the scores for Patriots Day and The Vietnam War were released, as well as their take on John Carpenter's Halloween theme (whether that counts as a major work is debatable, but it certainly got some attention).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The Opportunist in me agree's, but like i said, i'm a pessimist

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    The Opportunist in me agree's, but like i said, i'm a pessimist
    Same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't be surprised if part 3 doesn't come out until Mid-End of May. A Perfect Circle just dropped a new album after 14 years. Lots of NIN fans like Maynard and given that they will probably be salivating over new APC, Trent shouldn't feel obligated to put out new NIN any earlier than promised.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Gittes View Post
    Don't be surprised if part 3 doesn't come out until Mid-End of May. A Perfect Circle just dropped a new album after 14 years. Lots of NIN fans like Maynard and given that they will probably be salivating over new APC, Trent shouldn't feel obligated to put out new NIN any earlier than promised.
    But the new A Perfect Circle album sucked! Trent should feel bad for those who waited 14 years for that crap and release his early.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I doubt Trent gives a shit if a new APC album dropped recently or not. Might be a similar fan base but shouldn’t have a bearing on a time table of an EP coming out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Gittes View Post
    Or NIN will release it soon because they're going to tour together...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    Or NIN will release it soon because they're going to tour together...
    APC’s already announced their fall/winter tour plans and tickets go on sale tomorrow. If we end up with a coheadlining tour it won’t be with them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    After the whole Vacant/Passive debacle, I don't think TR really cares about APC...and I don't blame him as they are boring live and the new album is boring as well.

TR can't get enough of Tobacco and BMSR, so I expect him to take them everywhere they play at this point...which is a better show, hands down!!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think TR is burned out on the whole "lets do a co-headlining tour with another one of my peers and a 1990s legacy act" thing after doing the Janes Addiction tour in 09 and Soundgarden in 2014.....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    After the whole Vacant/Passive debacle, I don't think TR really cares about APC...and I don't blame him as they are boring live and the new album is boring as well.

TR can't get enough of Tobacco and BMSR, so I expect him to take them everywhere they play at this point...which is a better show, hands down!!
    Give me The Black Queen or APC. Tobacco was so boring at Webster Hall.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    They wont be at The Joint shows ... as they will be in chicago

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I really hope that Nine Inch Nails’ next dedicated tour isn’t some co-headlining affair and I don't think it will be. The current lineup’s shows have been pretty much date-to-date, mostly festival appearances, and when they tour a little more specifically I want them to have the time to breathe and have a nice long set that showcases a lot of the EP trilogy while still featuring plenty of selected hits and deep cuts. NIN’s deference to Jane’s Addiction is the main thing that made the NIN/JA tour so awkward, especially seeing as it was billed as the “last US shows” before the Wave Goodbye blitzes in NYC, Chicago, and LA were announced. That four-piece lineup was phenomenal but being allotted to such a generally brief set before this other, frankly way less relevant band just felt wrong.

Chelsea Wolfe would be my ideal opener. It won’t happen but Crawford did the art direction for Hiss Spun so I can pretend that the connective tissue there opened discussions, can’t I?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What's this?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tw3rbz View Post
    What's this?

Woah. How did that go unnoticed for a whole week?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Doesn't sound/look official to me. At this point I'll trust what I hear from official sources.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tw3rbz View Post
    What's this?

It's crap. Look at who that account is subscribed to.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Doesn't sound/look official to me. At this point I'll trust what I hear from official sources.
    One look at who that account is subscribed to and you'll know it's not official or authentic.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    One look at who that account is subscribed to and you'll know it's not official or authentic.
    Haha...Slipknot. Okay, yeah, this must be bullshit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Haha...Slipknot. Okay, yeah, this must be bullshit.
    Or just the next part of the ARG, where Trent wakes up from the simulation and realizes he's actually been in Slipknot this whole time.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    Or just the next part of the ARG, where Trent wakes up from the simulation and realizes he's actually been in Slipknot this whole time.
    "This is not my face, and this is not my life"

Now everything makes sense.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Give me The Black Queen or APC. Tobacco was so boring at Webster Hall.
    You were lucky enough to snag those 'surprise show' tix and you have the audacity to call Tobacco boring? /s

Anyway, I got to see GY!BE as the opener once, which was quite awesome.