Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trilogy's End (speculation)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    The last part of the trilogy will be released on 12/25. That's all you need to know.
    Dude, hate to spoil things for you, but that doesn't even remotely look like 13/01/18.

Anyway, is anyone up for a... "less then sober" listening party? I realized I've never really experienced new NIN material that way, and it might be fun. With UK folks a proper get-together might work, but a good old webcam party would do it too, of course. Just an idea, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Came here after a nice Christmas hoping for one last "gift", but alas...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Came here after a nice Christmas hoping for one last "gift", but alas...
    Fault Lines’ release date is in February dude....

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    pretty sure that's not what the NO was in reference to, it was your weird mention of jesus/god/sin. it was...really creepy.
    I can't argue that I'm creepy, but I don't get what is so strange with me connecting NIN with Christianity (more specifically SIN)? This thread is literally in the ETS forum "SIN".... http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/forums/3-All-the-Sin

TR also assigns a halo number to each of his NIN releases... the 3rd installment (the one we are discussing) should be Halo 32...

Dec 25th (the date we were discussing) is an extremely important date when discussing SIN....

Jesus definition. A prophet of the first century of our era; to Christians, Jesus Christ, the son of God, a person who was both God and man, the Messiah sent by God to save the human race from the sin it inherited through the Fall of Man.

Why Spoiler: the fuckis my mention of Jesus creepy and so strange?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    With festival dates set in europe for june and no word on anything else, I guess it's safe to assume word of EP 3 will come along with US tour dates for the fall. Just my speculation.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    I can't argue that I'm creepy, but I don't get what is so strange with me connecting NIN with Christianity (more specifically SIN)? This thread is literally in the ETS forum "SIN".... http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/forums/3-All-the-Sin

TR also assigns a halo number to each of his NIN releases... the 3rd installment (the one we are discussing) should be Halo 32...

Dec 25th (the date we were discussing) is an extremely important date when discussing SIN....

Jesus definition. A prophet of the first century of our era; to Christians, Jesus Christ, the son of God, a person who was both God and man, the Messiah sent by God to save the human race from the sin it inherited through the Fall of Man.

Because god is dead and no one cares. if there is a hell Trent will see you there

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The SIN thing is a reference to the song Please, as is the name of this website.

The Halo thing is Trent being inspired by Depeche Mode which does familiar thing with their albums.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    EP #3 ranks in at 62 among the 101 most anticipated albums of 2018 according to stereogum: https://www.stereogum.com/1976427/th...017-in-review/
    Last edited by streetman; 12-28-2017 at 03:31 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post

Fault Lines
    is so cheesy.

I think the EP name is no where near close anything guessed here... For our awe!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, anyone think Trent woke up this morning like a kid who forgot a paper was due Friday, called up Atticus, and is furiously laying down tracks to release tomorrow to meet the year-end deadline?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post

Fault Lines
    is so cheesy.

I think the EP name is no where near close anything guessed here... For our awe!
    Still holding out for "It's Cocklike". Literally laughed until I cried.

Also, @snaapz , you said it yourself in your definition of Jesus: "to Christians". I don't want to assume anyone's religious leanings, but not sure there are a lot of Christians here. Another way to look at why folks are calling your schtick creepy - imagine going into some random Christian forum and saying, "hey, you know they say Christ was nailed to the cross with 9-inch nails? Well, you should all check out that band Nine Inch Nails!!"
    Unless you're just Jesus Trolling. In which case, happy hunting!

And, while I'm addressing everyone here, don't think we're getting anything before the end of the year, hopefully January.
    Guess @alfonso99 really doesn't have a line of Reznor's inner workings, huh?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post

And, while I'm addressing everyone here, don't think we're getting anything before the end of the year, hopefully January.
    Guess @alfonso99 really doesn't have a line of Reznor's inner workings, huh?
    What you’re talking about?!?!?!
    I said December 25th. In my world today is October 30th. I’m still on time...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post

Fault Lines
    is so cheesy.

It’s pretty obvious it won’t be that and about 101% no one will guess it. Remember when everyone thought EP #2 was gonna be titled ‘The Presence’?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    All I'm getting at is God is due for an appearance. Year Zero (one of the many albums people are associating these new releases with) is very focused on church, religion, and god... something I don't think TR/AR have really mentioned in any of the songs released so far (other than the devastation in Burning Bright)... so I think we are due for an appearance.

I can't think of a single album where God isn't mentioned.

I think it would have been lame to release a religious track on Dec 25,like releasing a death metal album on 6/6/2006 was a bit cliche.

Anyways I'll stop now... message received.

I agree that it will be a few weeks, or more likely a couple months, before we see anything new. I'm still soaking in 'Add Violence'.

I'm very eager to see what's next. I feel like the stage has been set for something interesting with 'TBW'...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    All I'm getting at is God is due for an appearance. Year Zero (one of the many albums people are associating these new releases with) is very focused on church, religion, and god... something I don't think TR/AR have really mentioned in any of the songs released so far (other than the devastation in Burning Bright)... so I think we are due for an appearance.

I can't think of a single album where God isn't mentioned.

I think it would have been lame to release a religious track on Dec 25,like releasing a death metal album on 6/6/2006 was a bit cliche.

Anyways I'll stop now... message received.

I agree that it will be a few weeks, or more likely a couple months, before we see anything new. I'm still soaking in 'Add Violence'.

I'm very eager to see what's next. I feel like the stage has been set for something interesting with 'TBW'...
    You do know that every mention of god in NIN songs are either mocking his name or bashing religion. It’s been pretty consistent since pretty hate machine. Trent has also expressed his disdain for organized religion in interviews so it’s obvious where it’s coming from.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    What you’re talking about?!?!?!
    I said December 25th. In my world today is October 30th. I’m still on time...

In your world it's perpetually April 1st.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    You're my hero.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    You do know that every mention of god in NIN songs are either mocking his name or bashing religion. It’s been pretty consistent since pretty hate machine. Trent has also expressed his disdain for organized religion in interviews so it’s obvious where it’s coming from.
    To be fair, "Find My Way" doesn't come off as mocking. And, while I don't think Reznor's ever going to put out a Christian record, one of the steps to recovery is belief in a higher power. While that might not be the Catholic, capitalized "G" God, it means something bigger than himself. I can see him "praying" to a higher power in some of his later work.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Touche!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    EP #3 ranks in at 62 among the 101 most anticipated albums of 2018 according to stereogum: https://www.stereogum.com/1976427/th...017-in-review/
    LOL at #10!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    LOL at #10!
    I really do hope they surprise everyone by actually releasing a new album in 2018 and having it be amazing, but yeah... I'll believe it when I'm actually listening to it.
    Also, how is Vampire Weekend #1??

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I really do hope they surprise everyone by actually releasing a new album in 2018 and having it be amazing, but yeah... I'll believe it when I'm actually listening to it.
    Also, how is Vampire Weekend #1??
    Vampire Weekend is still around? I couldn't get into them. I never understood why people thought they were so great. In fact, I don't understand a lot of today's music these days.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Vampire Weekend is still around? I couldn't get into them. I never understood why people thought they were so great. In fact, I don't understand a lot of today's music these days.
    they're hit or miss. Have some great songs and plenty of bad ones too. Love how their rhythm section is recorded/produced on their stuff too. They can get quite the groove going on some of their jams:

Come on...that's fun!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    they're hit or miss. Have some great songs and plenty of bad ones too. Love how their rhythm section is recorded/produced on their stuff too. They can get quite the groove going on some of their jams:

Come on...that's fun!
    Yeah, I will admit to liking a couple of their songs (Oxford Comma, A-Punk, Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa), but to crown them the MOST anticipated album of the entire year is just baffling to me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

Come on...that's fun!
    Christ, does their music exhaust me...so many notes...so many BPM...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Kind of sucks we haven't heard anything yet.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    the anticipation is killing me

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Kind of sucks we haven't heard anything yet.
    Soon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    the anticipation is killing me
    It hurts.