Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trilogy's End (speculation)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Over on the definitive edition thread there's an alleged date of 2/5 for with teeth and year zero. Could this be the third EP as well?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I don't see them releasing all of the reissues along with a new EP on the same day if for no other reason that they wouldn't want to diminish the sales of either category. A lot of people might skip over one thing and buy another and it would hit the EP's performance. Especially since they've been working with major labels again, I'd be surprised if they'd be allowed to do that (or would even want to). If it isn't that March date from the slipmat then I think it'll probably be closer to touring. I'd love to be very wrong though!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I don't see them releasing all of the reissues along with a new EP on the same day if for no other reason that they wouldn't want to diminish the sales of either category. A lot of people might skip over one thing and buy another and it would hit the EP's performance. Especially since they've been working with major labels again, I'd be surprised if they'd be allowed to do that (or would even want to). If it isn't that March date from the slipmat then I think it'll probably be closer to touring. I'd love to be very wrong though!
    BUT they announced The Fragile: Deviations 1 and the Definitive editions of Broken, TDS, and The Fragile the same day they announced NTAE, didn't they? NTAE was clearly the star of the show that day, but I'm pretty sure all of those were announced the same day, so I don't think it's out of the question at all. Here's hoping for an announcement of some sort sometime in the next 11 days!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Or...people will instantly forget every negative NIN online merch experience they've ever had, start sobbing, screaming, and shitting themselves at the same time, and buy as many copies of everything they are able to, including that fucking Sin shirt that has been on the site for 500 years.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    BUT they announced The Fragile: Deviations 1 and the Definitive editions of Broken, TDS, and The Fragile the same day they announced NTAE, didn't they? NTAE was clearly the star of the show that day, but I'm pretty sure all of those were announced the same day, so I don't think it's out of the question at all. Here's hoping for an announcement of some sort sometime in the next 11 days!
    I could've swore NTAE released on a different date than those preorders but I could entirely be wrong about that one. All I remember is spending hundreds of dollars in a single blurry feverish day on records that I then spent a year waiting on, getting replacements and refunds for and getting buried in a pile of extra copies of dinged up Deviations that I never even asked for.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Waiting 'til March for 3rd EP could be hard but it'll be nothing compared to possible 3-4 years wait for the next NIN album after EP trilogy's end.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vukmirion View Post
    Waiting 'til March for 3rd EP could be hard but it'll be nothing compared to possible 3-4 years wait for the next NIN album after EP trilogy's end.
    It's not like there's no music though. I enjoy the soundtrack work immensely. Who know what else Trent's muse has in store for us.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    What if the EP is not an EP anymore, but a 10-song album?
    That's what I thought as well.
    Didn't Trent Reznor surprise everyone announcing 2 additional EPs after so much moaning about NTAE pre-orders mess?
    I wouldn't be surprised if he comes over this time announcing that the third EP is actually an LP.
    Also, the title of the EP could come out of the back cover of Add Violence (already there I think).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's February now and still no word. Ugh.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    It's February now and still no word. Ugh.

Everyone relax. Trent and a half naked Indian came to me in a dream last night. The record is on the way.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Everyone relax. Trent and a half naked Indian came to me in a dream last night. The record is on the way.
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...nt-NIN-in-them

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I honestly hope this EP is more along the lines of NTAE in the sense that the whole thing gets dropped in our laps at once, and not like AV where we got two of the five songs beforehand.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    all the while
    We wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm a huge fan of teasing with audio samples/loops, specifically from NIN.

I.E. What we saw with TDTWWA, The Fragile, TLBTB, BYIT..... even HTDA teased us.

It's a similar sensation to seeing wrapped up presents with your name on it. You don't know whats inside but you know it is there, you cannot unwrap it or play with it until Christmas Day... but you know its there, you can see the size of it and feel how heavy it is.

So TR/AR... tease us!!!

P.S. I'm not a fan of Movie trailers, they tend to reveal too much.

P.S.S. I can appreciate a different approach with this one. More in the background.
    Last edited by snaapz; 02-02-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post

I.E. What we saw with TDTWWA, The Fragile, TLBTB, BYIT..... even HTDA teased us.

It's a similar sensation to seeing wrapped up presents with your name on it. You don't know whats inside but you know it is there, you cannot unwrap it or play with it until Christmas Day... but you know its there, you can see the size of it and feel how heavy it is.

So TR/AR... tease us!!!

P.S. I'm not a fan of Movie trailers, they tend to reveal too much.

P.S.S. I can appreciate a different approach with this one. More in the background.
    I can't agree more! I miss the days of teaser videos like the first glimpses from The Fragile, Things Falling Apart, With Teeth, and Year Zero. The thing is, when it's an EP, it's so short they might not want to spoil anything or give too much away. Still, I've LOVE to see a 10-30 second teaser with some really cool visuals.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The With Teeth trailer in particular was awesome.

Nothing beats the YZ ARG, though, as far as NIN teasers/promotion goes.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post

Something like Comes Forth In The Thaw, where the loops changed every 1-2 hours, would be amazing.

With "generation loss" being a big thing they are currently interested in, it could be fun. For example, you're hearing a loop from a song but it's decayed 5 extra days. This wouldn't be a "live" thing, but more of a test area/breeding ground.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Something like Comes Forth In The Thaw, where the loops changed every 1-2 hours, would be amazing.

With "generation loss" being a big thing they are currently interested in, it could be fun. For example, you're hearing a loop from a song but it's decayed 5 extra days. This wouldn't be a "live" thing, but more of a test area/breeding ground.

Like The Background World, but in reverse. Distorted beyond recognition at first, and every day (or every 12 hours, depending on how long beforehand) it gets one "generation" closer to the actual song's loop until the day of release where it's a clean loop and link to buy the EP.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes, I've never been more hyped than when the fragile and with teeth trailers were released. Fragile on tv believe it or not (the way out is through) and WT online (beside you in time). I love the song choices he made for those. Slow build up into a jam type songs.

More please.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have a feeling we won't get the new EP until June.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessLoveless View Post
    Yes, I've never been more hyped than when the fragile and with teeth trailers were released. Fragile on tv believe it or not (the way out is through) and WT online (beside you in time). I love the song choices he made for those. Slow build up into a jam type songs.

More please.
    Both of those had me in physical discomfort due to anticipation. The feeling you'd have in high school, knowing your biggest crush has agreed to meet you out for what rather unambiguously appears to be a date, but not until next weekend. I would murder for a trailer like that again.

Well, that might be a bit much. But I'd really, really enjoy one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    HopefullythisMarchisMarchofthepigs!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ok, so it's February and nothing.
    I think he got into his own slogan - "he can't seem to wake up", probably.
    I'm starting to believe that NTAE and AV were recorded in one single shot...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I am thinking June 2018 for the EP to go online...May 2019 for the vinyl/CD

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Guys, it's never coming out, because Trent & Atticus hate us, and they're purposely not releasing it just to be dicks because of fucking bullshit. Woe is us, woe is us...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    What in heavens makes you think that?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    What in heavens makes you think that?
    Delusion

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    Ok, so it's February and nothing.
    I think he got into his own slogan - "he can't seem to wake up", probably.
    Shigeru Miyamoto once said "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

This can be applied here.

Also, NTAE and AV have such differing production styles that I very much doubt they were recorded at the same time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Things never work out as initially planned in nin world, but we usually get something else, sometimes better instead. Let's all hope that this just means that EP 3 the finale, will end up being an LP. My real concern is that we know how he gets, changing his mind and shit, which is perfectly fine. He gets bored or gets excited about whatever new idea he has. But I want the next release EP or LP to be a continuation of this "story" and not something else all together. Let's finish this shit, because it barely makes any fucking sense and I've loved both EP's, AV most of all. Best nin release in a long time.