Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Outbursts of Joy!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I recently decided to get into artist/band management/consulting and have started taking on clients.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Haven't been around lately trying to focus on my sales job a bit better. Well, perseverance and a little luck, landed my first monster deal. Displaced a competitor makes it even sweeter. Oh my gawd I'm so happy. Guess I'll be visiting Chicagoland more often now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The other day I found out that I got selected for a mentoring program at my university. I have a 12 credit hour semester in the fall, and a 6 credit hour semester in the spring, and then I am done. For each of these terms, I will be responsible for mentoring two new students. And for that, I get a scholarship that covers 100% of my remaining tuition. I also recently got elected to the governing council, so I sit on a board with actual important people and vote on proposals for the university.

Academically, I am succeeding in a way that I never thought was possible for me. Personally, life is a shitshow. I still haven't been able to nail down solid employment, and I have about $77 left in my bank account. The scholarship is a huge relief, as during the semesters, that is a $700/month payment that I won't have to make. Even if I don't have somewhere to stay soon, I won't fucking have to drop out of school.

Two weekends ago, I had my heart legitimately broken for the first time in my life. In the past, I've been sad or disappointed about how some things have ended, but I've never had my heart just crushed by someone I love. So I guess 32 is a good time to experience that for the first time. And my remaining play partner is going through some things right now that I am DEFINITELY not handling as well as I thought I would.

WEIRD TIMES, MAN.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Haven't been around lately trying to focus on my sales job a bit better. Well, perseverance and a little luck, landed my first monster deal. Displaced a competitor makes it even sweeter. Oh my gawd I'm so happy. Guess I'll be visiting Chicagoland more often now

Three weeks later and I feel like I've been in labor trying to negotiate a legal agreement. Didn't help that their counsel was as old as dirt and pretty passive aggressive and mine was a kid full of arrogance, piss, and vinegar, but it's done done done. Whoooopppp.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    online cat purr generator

https://purrli.com/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I hopped on the scale on Friday. I was at 168 lbs which means I've lost about 15 pounds in the last 2.5 months. This is my lowest weight since high school pretty much.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    online cat purr generator
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post

this is amazing, it even has a timer so that I can wake up to purrs, minus the nose biting of an actual cat
    Last edited by millionmilesaway; 07-09-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I am clear to obtain a motor vehicle license!!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So I've mentioned in other threads that I'm planning to move to Colorado with a girl I really care about. Well, Friday is my birthday, and today my dad and stepmom gave me my gift. It was a significantly large check to help out with the move.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I just started crying a little bit because I realized how fucking lucky I am with my life right now. A girl I love beyond anything has agreed to take a leap of faith with me and move across the country to start a life together.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I think I'm about to go back into boyfriend/girlfriend mode... I really like this girl, and she's adorable, caring, she loves dogs, she has an odd penchant for 80s hair metal that I think is awesome... and she's beautiful, and by beautiful I mean stunningly beautiful.

I don't know what she sees in me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I got a potential job offer in Colorado. A damn good one if it goes through. Wouldn’t have to take a paycut. If anything I might get more.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm about to go on a cruise ship!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm learning bellydancing on youtube. It's supposed to be good for building your lower back muscles. Can help with weight loss too.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    7 years since the reboot of ETS. IIRC

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    My mom and stepfather decided to sell their 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca to us for $2300! Nervous but very excited.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I just proposed to my future wife. I am so happy.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-09-2018 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I just proposed to my future wife. I am so happy.
    Congratulations I assumed she said yes

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The family name isn't gonna disappear. My brother's engaged!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I made an offer on a house in Colorado. I might not get it, but that’s beside the point. Making that decision, and picturing my future if it gets accepted was just absolutely exhilarating, even more so when I saw the beautiful person beside me taking this leap as well.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I just landed a great apartment in Colorado.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    A first class sergeant in the US Army wants to be my friend on FB. I don't know why. I'm Canadian, and not in the army.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's looking like it might finally be Spring soon.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just finally finished a completely-complete edition of The Fragile with all known tracks recorded during the original sessions with crossfades and outros and extended middle parts and intros flying everywhere to fit all the pieces and it sounds fucking amazing without sacrificing anything nor forgetting anything. Damn.

Also, what the hell it's 30°C here and it was raining and 12°C a few days ago. I love it.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    A first class sergeant in the US Army wants to be my friend on FB. I don't know why. I'm Canadian, and not in the army.
    make sure it's legit. Better yet, don't fuck with it at all.

I got some requests from "military officers;" i tried talking to them and they didn't even speak english.
    I think they were fucking Russian operatives or some shit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    make sure it's legit. Better yet, don't fuck with it at all.

I got some requests from "military officers;" i tried talking to them and they didn't even speak english.
    I think they were fucking Russian operatives or some shit.
    I didn't follow up on it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Maybe it's a goodthing that I've had so many bad experiences on the Internet. It gaveme that extra push I needed to get off the computer, make newfriends, read more, and work on my projects.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I just found out that I got accepted into my first choice for graduate school.

I was on academic probation the first semester I ever went to college. Then I came back as an old, got a full academic scholarship for my last year of undergrad, and now I am accepted to my first choice grad school. Life is wild!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just got a black denim vest to customize and turn into a battle jacket. It came pre-distressed already, which I might alter so it doesn't look factory made haha.

I'm past my prime for shows and merch advertising but I never had one. I'm gonna start now since I have a few exclusive patches from records and magazines.

The latest MetalHammer magazine exclusive Ghost Grucifix back patch is the star! I just bought some spikes and a few diamonds. Need to up my patch inventory too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Little bit of progress...waiting for that goddamn Metal Hammer magazine with the Ghost Prequelle Grucifix back patch to finally begin work on this and to buy more patches.

Peep the shoulder spikes and the NIN button.