Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Outbursts of Joy!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze View Post
    I'm back home!!!!

31 days in rehab (alcohol) and I feel great! Should've done this long ago, before my life started falling apart.
    I am so proud of you and so happy for you! Wonderful, wonderful news my friend!

*hugs you tightly*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks guys! I'm crazy busy right now, barely have time to eat much less drink!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I wasn't at the HTDA show last night

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Today was a fuckin' blast. I met a guy I've been friends with for a while, but we rarely kept in touch because of his busy schedule. Then, I met his friends. I made many new friends in just a few hours. It was excellent. I haven't had this much fun in a long time.

Yesterday, I lost a friend. Today, I made six new.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    The film I helped out on won Best Foreign Feature at the Big Island Film Festival on Hawaii! So happy for my director and producer!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    One of my close mates from High School and his fiancee decided to make me the godfather of the child they're expecting! I'm rather flattered and humbled, anyone got any advice?
    Yeah, fuck that kid up! No really, I've found unless you're in that kid's life on a regular basis, being a god parent means nuthin. If he/she knows you as a regular person in their life, then the friendship and 'it takes a village' support you can provide, that's not a parent, is priceless to them and rewarding for you.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Outbursts of Joy!

My godson has lived in different state than me for his entire life so I rarely see him, if ever (he's now married). But the christening and the party were fun. Take lots of pics, give the kid a cool gift, don't get too drunk.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-04-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Outbursts of Joy!

I'm pretty sure you have to at least be at the baptism/christening to be the godparent. There is no expectation of godparents at all and legally it means nothing. But certain religions require godparents for baptism and for some it's just tradition, like Best Man or Matron of Honor at a wedding. I was christened Catholic and I don't even REMEMBER my godmother.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-04-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to at least be at the baptism/christening to be the godparent. There is no expectation of godparents at all and legally it means nothing. But certain religions require godparents for baptism and for some it's just tradition, like Best Man or Matron of Honor at a wedding. I was christened Catholic and I don't even REMEMBER my godmother.
    Heck, at one time, Mom didn't leave the house for the baptism. God parents took the kid to church.

My God Mother is my aunt, who lived out of state, then she became a Methodist (I was raised RC).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really loving that I'll be seeing some of you people once again on this Upward Spiral tour, in a sense. It's been too long.

(yay, I like these new smileys way better too)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Went to the Mermaid Parade at Coney Island today. Always a good time. And: TITTAYS
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ennuipoet/9111574886/ (SFW)
    It was baby's first time at the beach which provided the tenderness.
    I also got lots of love for my Unicorn Power t-shirt
    http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc...egory_Code=PBF
    Gonna miss NYC

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Holy cow! I just got a raise. Didn't we just layoff a boatload of people?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Outbursts of Joy!

Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Holy cow! I just got a raise. Didn't we just layoff a boatload of people?
    You rawk!!! Helps with the tax situation you mentioned in another thread, fo sure.

My outburst: got a settlement proposal from the soon to be x that isn't asking for any spousal support. Shocking. I might be free soon. Yeah me! now if only I could get a raise. I haven't had one of those in years.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Outbursts of Joy!

Woah, double post.

Vacation commencing. I'm actually going to digitally detox for a couple of days this week. No phone, computer, or tablet. I'm going be totally 1974. Where's the coppertone?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    My outburst: got a settlement proposal from the soon to be x that isn't asking for any spousal support.
    AWESOME! It's about time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Will soon be moving out of my parents home into an apartment with my gal, stoked as hell to finally be on my own (and terrified).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Officially sober for a shade under 9 months and it's getting better each and every day. Also seeing the fruits of it - money in my bank account (though not much), and a much clearer picture of life/reality. Things couldn't be better with my girlfriend (except for her being done with her master's and living with me, but that will come ), AND I am officially back in the classroom, full time, teaching biology and a couple sections of chemistry. Signed the paperwork last week, requested all of my transcripts/ previous experience forms, etc and hope to have everything tied up BEFORE our new teacher orientation (something that would have been "too much to worry about" when I was drinking).

All in all, things are coming up Duder!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Outbursts of Joy!

Officially putting in my notice at my day job tomorrow so I can focus on freelance work I've been waiting 3+ years for this and I finally get enough work that the day job is actually getting in the way now. CANNOT WAIT TO BE DONE WITH THAT PLACE!!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've started at writing a book.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My friends and I got approved for the house! Just renting but I'm fucking stoked to have basically a basement to myself which has a wet bar. Backyard with a fire pit two stall garage with shop space. Won't even be that much more than what I'm paying now. Say goodbye tiny apartment, and constant trains. Only thing is my new job won't be across the street anymore but whatever.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Went to the Mermaid Parade at Coney Island today. Always a good time. And: TITTAYS
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ennuipoet/9111574886/ (SFW)
    hah- i must have missed this. we love the mermaid parade. we judged this past summer. much preferred judging than actually being in it (too theatrical for my taste).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This is a little bit surreal. I made a short film with my best friends this past summer that I've been wanting to do for 5 years or so, and we finally finished it & put it online last month. It's a 7 minute gross-out comedy in the tradition of the Farrelly Brothers that we shot in our old High School and did for fun. It's called "The Wholesome Genie."

Today, I see it's a "Featured" video on Funny Or Die and is right there on the front page!! Hope you like it!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Just reconnected with an old internet friend after a few years of radio silence. So happy to hear her voice again, figuratively speaking.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Today was the last day of our current theatrical run. Me and the rest of the actors had great fun! The audience loved us (we even did three extra shows by popular demand). The last show was amazing; even the technical problems (the curtain mechanism stopped working for some reason) made the show more awesome. I'll keep working with those people, they made me fall in love with stage acting again after I stopped four years ago.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    My daughter was born last week! We named her Tamzin Reznor.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got accepted to vet school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Royal Veterinary College in Edinburgh!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit!!!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    eheheheheh this is what i did today. did i mention i love my job?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My friend went into the hospital last Tuesday, I think, for a bowel obstruction (Crohn's disease, she said she'd been getting a bit lax on eating properly and all). Cut to Sunday, five days without solid food. I'm pretty sure that if she'd had the strength, she would have killed and eaten me when I visited her on Saturday.

She FINALLY went in for surgery on Sunday, a bowel resection where about 18cm of small intestine were removed, so it'll be B12 shots for the rest of her life, and there's still some GI tract that's gotta come out, but not for a decade or so.

But I went to visit her today in post-op and she's doing well! Groggy, dizzy, etc, a big scar full of staples. They'll let her out when she farts, she said. We've been friends since... when was grade two...? Like 25 years or so.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I received a job offer and signed it. I'm switching careers and it's a fresh, exciting start for me. I'm really happy about the direction I'm heading.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [73] View Post
    I received a job offer and signed it. I'm switching careers and it's a fresh, exciting start for me. I'm really happy about the direction I'm heading.
    Oh so curious, from what to what? How'd did you do it? Convince others to give you a job in a new area? I want to be you.