Thread: 2017.12.16 - Houston, TX @ Day for Night Festival

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2017.12.16 - Houston, TX @ Day for Night Festival

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'll be there!

Last edited by ekrekel; 12-06-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Still doubting. The rest of the line up hasn’t convinced me till now. Interesting (read: hopefully) would be because it’s a light art festival too, NIN would do something special, because they’re famous when you’re talking about visuals...
    And is this the definitive lineup or will there be more?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I don't expect to see any more additions. I haven't been before, but it's a pretty young/small festival on old post office property.

I'm by no means Hip to the festival scene, but looking at previous years they're gaining some traction with more high profile acts. NIN, Thom Yorke, Solange, Phantogram, St Vincent, Pretty Lights in my opinion would play late in the day at major festivals. I can't imagine them sitting on a major name.

One thing that I'm liking about this festival is the size. It's roughly a ~16 acre facility and the main stage will be about 2 acres. For comparison, those that went to Lollapalooza in '08 the North Section where NIN played is 7 acres.

If you wind up making it shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Interesting (read: hopefully) would be because it’s a light art festival too, NIN would do something special, because they’re famous when you’re talking about visuals...
    That was my first thought, T-Rez can't show up at a light art festival an not do it up big. Also there's the standard hope that they'll play some of the lesser played songs if they decide to increase focus on the visual effects.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 09-22-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    And...Gary Numan is playing nearby that Friday. Chance for something special (?) happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm so glad it's not the Woodlands Pavilion. I'm really hyped about this show, of all the shows he's done in Houston, I feel like this would fit him the best.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I'll be at this thing. I heard the portapotty situation got like real real real bad last year so geez I hope that isn't a thing considering that re-entry is limited. :/

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Please help me out.
    What is meant with ‘re-entry’? Does it mean if you left the festival there’s a problem to get in again? Also when you have a 2/3 day wristband?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I e-mailed for more specifics on the re-entry parameters and this was the reply:

"Limited re-entry means that you are allowed to exit/re-enter the grounds only a certain number of times per day. You will be able to access and enter all installations and stage areas at will during festival hours.
    Best,
    Day for Night Team"

So, no clarification on the number of times a person can leave and return the festival grounds.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Looks like VIP area up front, but hard to justify $800. Overall, still a pretty small space.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I read somewhere that they don't do single day tickets... Can anyone confirm?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So rail is only for VIP?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I read somewhere that they don't do single day tickets... Can anyone confirm?
    They did last year - at the beginning of November they announced the schedule, along with a few lineup additions, and put single-day tickets on sale. Imagine it will be the same this year.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    This promo video really makes me want a virtual experience for the installations & a live stream for NIN.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/234597099

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

2017.12.?? Houston, TX @ Day for Night Festival

Well, I’m out. Hoped for a indoor show announcement nearby soon to make this trip. Flight ticket price rises and now too expensive. There’ll be new chances for sure.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    No good, but understandable. That's a long way to go for a festival show. I hope they keep the current do a nearby solo show just prior to the festival and that it winds up in Austin, but definitely couldn't justify a $4k flight/hotel to speculate.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So Thom Yorke is playing Sunday night. Wonder if that means NIN Saturday? Unless TY plays late night after NIN on Sunday. No way those two would oppose one another.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Last year the main stage went #5 Nick Murphy, #2 Odezza, then #1 Aphex Twin on Saturday. #3 Odesza played against #4 Kaskade on Sunday.

Tidbit: Run Jewels played opposite Aphex Twin. Odd RTJ is a pretty big name to go up against the headliner. Then again TR went up against Kanye in 2008 so who knows how these guys do it. I'm hoping that NIN doesn't overlap with Phantogram. A close #3 on my list.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Last year the main stage went #5 Nick Murphy, #2 Odezza, then #1 Aphex Twin on Saturday. #3 Odesza played against #4 Kaskade on Sunday.

Tidbit: Run Jewels played opposite Aphex Twin. Odd RTJ is a pretty big name to go up against the headliner. Then again TR went up against Kanye in 2008 so who knows how these guys do it. I'm hoping that NIN doesn't overlap with Phantogram. A close #3 on my list.
    As long as there's no conflict with NIN and Thom all is well in my book. I was at that Lolla 08 gig, good times! What a great lineup that was.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Schedule's out and day passes on sale this Thursday

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Schedule's out and day passes on sale this Thursday
    Link to Schedule pls.

Googled it, I thought you were saying the schedule is out now and that single day tickets go on sale Thur.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 10-17-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    NIN on Saturday

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    $400 VIP for Saturday? Yikes, though I am glad it's not in the $250-$300 range, so I don't second guess my 2 Day GA purchase last month.

Last edited by ekrekel; 10-19-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm so split about going to this! On the one hand, it's a quick plane ride for me to get to Houston, I have the points to fly for free, and I've always got friends I can stay with there. This festival looks pretty interesting, and I would like to see a couple of other acts on the bill for Saturday... On the other hand, I've already seen NIN at two damn festivals this year, I'd be going solo to this, and I keep hoping they're going to play some club and/or stand-alone shows next year... so I feel like maybe I should just save my time and money for that? Arrrgh.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That Saturday lineup has juuuust enough to keep me intrigued. Going to look into going now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    No good, but understandable. That's a long way to go for a festival show. I hope they keep the current do a nearby solo show just prior to the festival and that it winds up in Austin, but definitely couldn't justify a $4k flight/hotel to speculate.
    I hope they do some solo shows while in Texas and hopefully Dallas. That would be an easier drive for me. Austin is a hipster corporate cesspool so I'm hoping they don't do anything there.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think looks like there’s a 20% discount floating around if you’re still thinking about getting Tickets

Purchase your ticket to Day for Night 2017 between Oct. 24-27 and use promo code 'IstandwithPP' to receive 20% off.

Tickets are available at dayfornight.io/tickets.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 10-25-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Ugh. I desperately want to go but if I'm gonna commit I won't be able to get a ticket until the 3rd. I feel a strangely strong attraction to this festival - And I don't think I've ever actively wanted to see a festival show, really. But this looks really awesome, and so many names are attached that I could cross off my concert bucket list in one go. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a discount later on, though. I'm not opposed to lying less than $350 if I can.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I caved and bought a Saturday ticket. Of Montreal is also of interest to me and it looks like a pretty cool festival.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There is a coupon out there for 40% off now, EDMtexas. That will get you both nights for under 145$. I wish i had waited before using the 30% but oh well, haha. I've never seen NIN at a festival before, so this should be interesting. Last year it was John Carpenter that made me take the plunge and I'm glad I did. The Atmosphere was awesome and the shows were cool. I was only let down that they Scheduled Carpenter and Aphex Twin against one another, huge oversight!.