Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Californication

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Californication

I couldn't find a thread for this one. I've been re-binging this show. Forgot how hilarious, and sometimes deeply moving this show can be. This is one of my absolute favorite moments:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Great series. Hung around a little too long, imo. Charlie might be one of the best characters, ever.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Hank and Karen are my all time favourite TV screen couple. I love their story so much

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The first three seasons were so friggin' good. Hank is one of my favorite TV characters of all time and Charlie to boot. The mix of comedy and drama was so well balanced and it was also thought provoking in many, many ways.

This is by far my favorite scene from the series:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Oh, yeah, and fuck Chris Traeger. Eddie Nero is the best character Rob Lowe has ever portrayed.

"I engineered his orgasm."

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I enjoyed that show for about the first five seasons. The sixth one was OK but man, the last one SUCKED. Once they brought in that awful kid from Project X as Hank Moody's illegitimate son, I knew it was done. I found myself no longer enjoying it. Plus, I was becoming indifferent about Hank going back together with Karen and I also became indifferent towards Becca.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I enjoyed that show for about the first five seasons. The sixth one was OK but man, the last one SUCKED. Once they brought in that awful kid from Project X as Hank Moody's illegitimate son, I knew it was done. I found myself no longer enjoying it. Plus, I was becoming indifferent about Hank going back together with Karen and I also became indifferent towards Becca.
    I do agree. As I'm re-watching, I'm seeing how weak it gets in the latter seasons. They could have ended on a high note with the fourth season, in my opinion. I mean, I did love the fifth, but the ending to Season 4 was perfect. Karen and Becca starting a new life together, though still hopeful for him to comeback, while Hank drives off into the sunset.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I would've ended it with season 4 (a trend with other showtime shows...). It tied everything up perfectly. After that it was kind of beating a dead horse. Still had some good moments though.

I hated Karen. Found her annoying and never understood what Hank saw in her. Especially after meeting so many better women throughout the series.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Loved this show and found Charlie one of the best characters for a comedy in ages. I should rewatch this sometime.

I only disliked season 7. There were a few missteps here and there but overall an enjoyable series!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Loved this show and found Charlie one of the best characters for a comedy in ages. I should rewatch this sometime.

I only disliked season 7. There were a few missteps here and there but overall an enjoyable series!
    He was my favorite. He got to have the finest chicks on the show. Camilla Luddington as the nanny Lizzie from Season 5 is my favorite.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Always managed to screw it up somehow. Best part is when he's in the back seat with the tranny. He's horrified and crying but welcoming enough to let it happen.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Always managed to screw it up somehow. Best part is when he's in the back seat with the tranny. He's horrified and crying but welcoming enough to let it happen.
    I loved that part.

I also loved that guy w/ the mangina. He's hilarious.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    What? You wanna suck my dick now?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My favorite Charlie scene isn't on Youtube nor can I remember what episode its in!

It's during season 2 when Marcy issues for divorce and they go to dinner together. He goes to the bathroom of the restaurant and is emotional and grabs an aerosol can and sprays it. He sobs and somehow sprays himself in the eyes and cries even harder. So hilarious. Anyone familiar with it?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Nothing beats that scene in the first season when Hank and Charlie are tag-teaming that gym rat girl, and she squirts right in Charlie's face as Karen and Marcy walk in. You don't see hilarity like that every day. Charlie became just as central a character for that show around Season 4, and deservedly so.

RZA was legitimately funny in Season 5, and whatever season that had Kathleen Turner, Rick Springfield and Susan Sarandon's fine af daughter in it was probably the series' apex..

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Nothing beats that scene in the first season when Hank and Charlie are tag-teaming that gym rat girl, and she squirts right in Charlie's face as Karen and Marcy walk in. You don't see hilarity like that every day. Charlie became just as central a character for that show around Season 4, and deservedly so.

RZA was legitimately funny in Season 5, and whatever season that had Kathleen Turner, Rick Springfield and Susan Sarandon's fine af daughter in it was probably the series' apex..
    That was the third season. That was a fucking good one. Man, Kathleen Turner was awesome and I would totally be her bitch. Collini... out....

Yes, Eva Amurri has some awesome tits and to strip to QOSTA is just incredible. Susan Sarandon did good.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This finale was so emotional. Omitting the dialogue in place of "Rocket Man" was perfection: