Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 91 to 101 of 101

Thread: Great Merch Company Experiences

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In your underpants.
    Posts
    645
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Blood Music.
    It's one guy that runs the independent record label and he just recently ramped up his operation to be cost effective, better global reach, and have better distribution methods and he has worked out many deals with different manufacturers for vinyl pressing and cd manufacturing.
    I highly recommend Blood Music for vinyls, everything I have ordered, as well as many others can attest, are well packaged and arrive in pristine condition.
    He really really cares about vinyls, their presentation, materials used , and how well it's packaged, and customer satisfaction.
    I honestly can't recommend them enough.
    Everything on his website is top notch.

    Check out the Blood Music Facebook page, it goes into detail about everything i said above and way better than i could explain.
    Also forgiveme for my more than normal grammatical mistakes I'm in back pain with little sleep and I posting using my iPhone.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 09-07-2017 at 10:54 PM.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9tySevenSilence View Post
    The last two companies handled my NIN orders just fine, though it sounds like that's clearly not the case for everyone.

    I'm not sure who Klayton uses for fulfilment on the FiXT store, but they have been consistently great in terms of packaging, communication, and delivery.
    FiXT has their own office and small team in Iowa.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    356
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9tySevenSilence View Post
    The last two companies handled my NIN orders just fine, though it sounds like that's clearly not the case for everyone.

    I'm not sure who Klayton uses for fulfilment on the FiXT store, but they have been consistently great in terms of packaging, communication, and delivery.
    Firebrand and Sandbag are both apparently NOT fine, but I agree that I've never had an issue with FiXT, not even once. Fast delivery, excellent packaging, great communication.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Storming the base have been great: http://stormingthebase.com

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    24.24.2.2688 (Deceased)
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Storming the base have been great: http://stormingthebase.com
    They do some fantastic splatter vinyl as well. Good packaging and safe, gentle shipping. Customer service is friendly and attentive too!

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Blood Music.
    It's one guy that runs the independent record label and he just recently ramped up his operation to be cost effective, better global reach, and have better distribution methods and he has worked out many deals with different manufacturers for vinyl pressing and cd manufacturing.
    I highly recommend Blood Music for vinyls, everything I have ordered, as well as many others can attest, are well packaged and arrive in pristine condition.
    He really really cares about vinyls, their presentation, materials used , and how well it's packaged, and customer satisfaction.
    I honestly can't recommend them enough.
    Everything on his website is top notch.

    Check out the Blood Music Facebook page, it goes into detail about everything i said above and way better than i could explain.
    Also forgiveme for my more than normal grammatical mistakes I'm in back pain with little sleep and I posting using my iPhone.
    while im not doubting your experience (and anyone else's with this or other independent labels/distributors) i think part of the problem at least with NIN becomes is that while NIN is does not have the size of an audience as U2 or (insert your fav big band here), NIN is still has a strong and loyal following and my advice to TR and anyone else in the NIN camp would be to take that into consideration.

    what do i mean by that? well im not convinced that an independent label/distributor is equipped to handle the kind of attention NIN gets from its fanbase, i mean if that 60 something page thread about communication/shipping problems isn't enough evidence of that, im not sure what will be.

    is there an in-between solution? im sure theres people here who know more about this than i do but thought i'd point out the independent vs the major label/distributor scenario.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    what do i mean by that? well im not convinced that an independent label/distributor is equipped to handle the kind of attention NIN gets from its fanbase, i mean if that 60 something page thread about communication/shipping problems isn't enough evidence of that, im not sure what will be.

    is there an in-between solution? im sure theres people here who know more about this than i do but thought i'd point out the independent vs the major label/distributor scenario.
    The only in-between solution would be for NIN to hire a team to handle just NIN.com E-Commerce orders from front to back. But the overhead on that is probably high.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    While I think that this suggestion is very unlikely to pan out: Third Man Records
    I just received my first Vault package (Icky Thump X!), and it was packaged impeccably and arrived in pristine condition.

    Here is an album of my shipment, showcases the packaging and the condition of the contents.

    This essentially cost me $60 shipped, two of the LPs are splatter colored, the other two have one solid white and the other solid black, and came with extras (enamel pins, a photobook, an art print, custom sleeves). I would highly recommend the entire experience to any vinyl collectors.
    Last edited by |mando|; 09-21-2017 at 01:05 AM.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i know there were a few people holding their noses when distributors like Live Nation were mentioned in this thread but ultimately i think we all care about getting our items in pristine condition and in a timely manner and if Live Nation or (insert capable distributor here) does that, what does other bs matter, right?

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    533
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So uh... I hate to be that guy, but any update on this whole thing @teitan ? Iím hoping the month and a half since your initial post has lead to some potentially good news. Is Kim at Sandbag still employed? I kid, I kid. I do despise that woman and she really does need a lesson on customer service, especially for seemingly being a supervisor figure.

    I realize my orders are no more important than anyone elseís, but Iím at my wits end with Sandbag. My complaints are the same as everyones elseís... vague/canned/delayed communication, inaccurate tracking #s, half-assed packaging on the few items that have actually arrived, etc. I have no more hair to pull out. A mention of progress being made would go a long way is all Iím saying.

Posting Permissions