Thread: Podcasting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Podcasting

I couldn't find a thread pertaining to this so I decided to start one.

I've recently gotten into this, and am loving it. I'm still an amateur as I just record it on my phone now. It's a very fun, and surprisingly therapeutic process. Are there any other podcasters out there?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'd try it had I know how to get a following or what topic to choose!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'd try it had I know how to get a following or what topic to choose!
    I have zero followers. Only people that listen so far are the ones I send it to. It's so much fun though. I just usually talk about stuff I may be passionate about at the moment.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I have zero followers. Only people that listen so far are the ones I send it to. It's so much fun though. I just usually talk about stuff I may be passionate about at the moment.
    I'd eventually wanna expand outwards. I like so many topics choosing one to talk about is difficult

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    You really don't need a topic. I listen to Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast which is wonderful, and he has no direction whatsoever. He just rambles about whatever is on his mind.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm having trouble posting this one to YouTube. This is my latest.

https://www.facebook.com/EmersonBach...55678958103679

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Not at the moment, but I will be a podcaster very soon! My best friend and I have been talking about making a comedy podcast for years. We're getting closer to doing it. We're hoping to get it started in the next couple of months. I have a Blue Yeti since I wanted a good mic but didn't want to spend a couple hundred dollars. I've tested it out and it sounds pretty awesome. I also found an article about making a makeshift mini sound booth thing that seems to really improve the sound. It cost maybe $20 per unit (I bought enough supplies to make one for myself and one for my best friend). I haven't put it together yet, I'm going to in the next couple of weeks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes but I'm just being really lazy about it. I can share the article if anyone is interested. I've also been toying around with Audacity and have been considering different options on how to record so we can get the best sound quality possible. We're really serious about this.

But yeah, I am super excited to get started. Comedy is my passion and I'm never funnier than when I'm with my best friend. She's the funniest person I know and we feed off each other really well. There really is no one else I'd rather do this podcast with. I am seriously anxious to get started.
    Last edited by theruiner; 08-20-2017 at 11:01 AM.