Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ADD VIOLENCE Physical Component

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Let's get this conversation started. Here are a few things that immediately caught my attention when I opened the physical component:

1) What does the "sCAVEdx-24.0.0" mean under Model No on the sticker?

2) "USER ASSUMES ALL LIABILITY FOR THE OPERATION OF HTIS DEVICE UNDER GUIDELINES SE TFORTH IN STATUTE 322.772.8 -- ANY BREACH IS SUBJECT TO PENALTY AND PROSECUTION"

What in the hell is Statute 322.772.8, and where is it coming from?

3) The first line item under Firmware Notes: "Archived data no longer corrupts when Presence peripherals connected."
    So clearly this is connected to the Year Zero narrative, yeah?
    Whatever it is.... it doesn't exist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Took a gamble... I took the statute number 332.772.8 and added the LCW prop Area code in front and tried to call it. Got a "not in service message" wit a voice that said 362006. More than likely a dead end, but I though I'd share the shot in the dark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    20500 is the zip code for the White House

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Ha, man, took the time to really spend some time with the PC tonight and it's super fun. I love the attention to detail. I wonder if we're ever going to get references like this for other panels!

Apart from the plastic labels and the serial number, my PC definitely seems to be otherwise identical to the one posted at http://imgur.com/a/yrege , down to the intentional greyscaling effect which gives some of the text a bit of added texture. It'd be interesting to find out if there are any PCs out there with a different firmware version (on the Patch Notes) page, with subtle differences throughout which may not be immediately apparent. (V 7.21 being the one I've got, and from that imgur album.) I'd suspect that that probably doesn't exist, and the customization is just the serial and labels, but might be something to look out for.

As an aside, much as I do still like buying CDs, I am absolutely all for this PC strategy that TR's doing for Not The Actual Trilogy. If we can get awesome stuff like NTAE and AV for all future NIN releases, I will be a super happy camper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mention of Toha heavy industries http://blame.wikia.com/wiki/Toha_Heavy_Industries

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    VXJunkies = not the droids you are looking for. Google what that subreddit is (not trying to be a dick).

-------------------------

From the Firmware Notes, Fixed In This Update section:

• Spontaneous generation of an SAS from a single SAS has been disabled.

Your God is dead.
    Last edited by Jon; 08-15-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why the obscure reference to firmware updates?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2 days ago?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    montagsoup • 2d
    If you want to bypass the changes to the K panel, you can insert Reznor nails into the hyperpower converter (they should be about 22.86 cm) which will create a zero-sum in the collector.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbouc View Post
    Why the obscure reference to firmware updates?
    2 days ago?
    We're all excited. People started receiving their Physical Components on Saturday, so yes, 2 days ago.

As far as VXJunkies:

It's just a joke roleplay subreddit dedicated to technobabble. There is no actual VX and no one is on the same page. Everything is made up on the spot.
    And the reason I referenced that specific firmware update is because it seems to reference the Virgin Birth of Jesus. It was disabled; your God is dead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Are the stickers different in all of them? Mine all say ADD VIOLENCE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryan695 View Post
    Did anyone try any heat/cold test for thermographic paint with this component?
    (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...sig3ACqmJn49sO The Null Corporation has a playlist on youtube about thermographic paint..)

The original year zero cd was thermographic, that's all

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I think so far we've only ever seen ADD VIOLENCE stickers.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    I think so far we've only ever seen ADD VIOLENCE stickers.
    yes, but there are thicker plastic replacement labels for the panel, which also happen to be stickers. each PC is supposed to have three, and they seem to be randomly distributed.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yes, but there are thicker plastic replacement labels for the panel, which also happen to be stickers. each PC is supposed to have three, and they seem to be randomly distributed.
    Ah, I'd thought that the question was specifically about the thin sheet of non-thick stickers, which so far seem to always be "ADD VIOLENCE". I made a list of what's been seen on the bigger plastic ones (I actually didn't realize those were stickers as well) on the first page, so far we've seen nine of them. (There was a reddit post where someone said they got one which had "20500" on it (which happens to be the White House zip code) though I wasn't sure whether to believe that or not; there wasn't a picture. Not that a picture necessarily proves anything nowadays.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I know those are all English words, but I have no idea what I'm reading, or what any of it means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d-signet View Post
    The original year zero cd was thermographic, that's all
    If you look at that playlist, Null Corp added it in November of 2016. Way after year zero came out lol which is why I find it interesting. I saw this somewhere else btw, not taking credit for it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I was looking through the PC just now and noticed this "Archived data no longer corrupts when Presence peripherals connected".

So this is now AFTER Year Zero then, I'm assuming? They've fixed the issues that "corrupted" the sounds of YZ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did anyone try any heat/cold test for thermographic paint with this component?
    (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...sig3ACqmJn49sO The Null Corporation has a playlist on youtube about thermographic paint..)
    Just chucked mine in the freezer and I plan on sitting outside. It's near 90 here. Will report back!

For consistent reference: There were quite a few people who stuck their NTAE physical component out in the sun and in the freezer..nothing happened.

Unrelated, I think the third physical component will contain the link where we can plug in our numbers.

EDIT: NOTHING HAPPENED HOT OR COLD.
    Last edited by 2020k; 08-15-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If you look at that playlist, Null Corp added it in November of 2016. Way after year zero came out lol which is why I find it interesting. I saw this somewhere else btw, not taking credit for it.
    Well, why does NtAE use Still's album artwork? Why do lyrics from the whole preceding discography appear in these EPs? The whole thing is self referential. Thinking back on the thermo ink is just an extension of this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    CAVE

"The Mechdyne CAVE™ virtual reality system is a room-sized, advanced visualization solution that combines high-resolution, stereoscopic projection and 3D computer graphics to create a complete sense of presence in a virtual environment. The CAVE allows multiple users to become fully immersed in the same virtual environment at the same time..."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Google "product lookup by serial number". I was trying to find what could be up with the unique serial numbers and the first result is pretty funny...
    I typed my serial number into it, but no results. It would have been hilarious if something actually came up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Maybe I worded that wrong. Try Googling the phrase "product lookup by serial number". Don't put in any numbers, just that phrase and see what the first result is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Maybe I worded that wrong. Try Googling the phrase "product lookup by serial number". Don't put in any numbers, just that phrase and see what the first result is.
    This is all just an elaborate plug for ye ole family business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2020k View Post
    Just chucked mine in the freezer and I plan on sitting outside. It's near 90 here. Will report back!

For consistent reference: There were quite a few people who stuck their NTAE physical component out in the sun and in the freezer..nothing happened.

Unrelated, I think the third physical component will contain the link where we can plug in our numbers.

EDIT: NOTHING HAPPENED HOT OR COLD.
    darn.. lol thanks for trying!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That playlist has to mean something the timing is suspect. I also think the NTAE Vinyl has something to do with thermographic ink. Someone on Reddit posted a pic of their vinyl and it has a red mark on the back. I'm thinking the combo of the black dust and the cover which the person describes as "it feels like uncoated nice construction paper" some how activated and caused the red to appear. https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment..._powder_on_it/

EDIT: Nevermind I saw pictures of the NTAE Vinyl on Discogs and they have same red mark. https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...mages/29818862
    Last edited by quietime; 08-15-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For what it's worth, in Latin CAVE translates to "beware."