Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1614

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I think if there was something we were missing we would've been given subtle nudges in the right direction.

Trent lampshaded the back cover so hard with "REMEMBER WHEN RECORDS HAD BACK COVERS? NO? MAYBE THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT." that everybody assumed there was an ARG.

Either that or it's a slow burn that will kick in with the 3rd EP.

regardless of how the nobs and switch turn, we would have spotted any "clues" in the schematic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how to use this information, but I found it interesting that the picture of the back cover that nine inch nails posted was different than the picture in the physical component. They displayed different numbers and the knobs were on different settings.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I put this on Reddit and not sure if this is the right place, but I heard some "backwards" sounding voices in The Background World and reversed it and I'm pretty sure Trent says "Fade Away" . Kind of cool. https://soundcloud.com/xiamclassic Forward is normal track and Backward is it reversed. Around 3:15 in the song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Speaking of Reddit, is there a consolidated thread anywhere of all this conjecture? There so much to piece together, and I feel like I keep reading all these theories that all sounds kinda right at the same time... it's like he's piecing together everything he's ever done into one giant marinating pot of stew. The bleedthrough concept I now hear [due to recently joining a irreverent nin Facebook group] has been with us since before year zero, and that just... well... adds up, right?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    Speaking of Reddit, is there a consolidated thread anywhere of all this conjecture? There so much to piece together, and I feel like I keep reading all these theories that all sounds kinda right at the same time... it's like he's piecing together everything he's ever done into one giant marinating pot of stew. The bleedthrough concept I now hear [due to recently joining a irreverent nin Facebook group] has been with us since before year zero, and that just... well... adds up, right?
    I don't know, but I'd like a place. Maybe a chat room would be nice. Do people do that still? haha. Is there somewhere to do that? Or some google doc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I notice that if we have the hardware (Machine) we never had the software related to it ? Maybe the sticker in the red book is connected to this software.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    "S.A.S.C" +007516M ( 7 billion 516 million), seems to relate to the population of earth, as of today it's 7.4 billion, in the pic it's 7.5 billion.

Not sure what SASC" stands for though.
    SASC = Self Aware Substructure Count...I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Brand new user giving a really obscure answer.....
    It's like Year Zero all over again haha

Even Google doesn't know this one! "Self Aware Substructure Count" gave one hit. The above post!
    Last edited by lam1na; 11-20-2017 at 06:49 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lam1na View Post
    Brand new user giving a really obscure answer.....
    It's like Year Zero all over again haha

Even Google doesn't know this one! "Self Aware Substructure Count" gave one hit. The above post!
    Not really, it is mentioned in AV's physical component.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Another brand new user giving an answer.. you're onto something @lam1na

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Another brand new user giving an answer.. you're onto something @lam1na
    Or we could all just be pissing in the wind :-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is RIGHT there, in the PC. It is as far from obscure as it can get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sipuss View Post

It is RIGHT there, in the PC. It is as far from obscure as it can get.
    LOL. Not gonna lie. Currently at work so not got the PC in front of me. And to be fair, I've not really looked at it much. Haven't even opened the PC from NTAE yet!
    I'm also not convinced any of this actually means anything. Some of it seems soooooo tenuous, almost like grasping at straws, yunno.
    That said, I do like a good conspiracy theory :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    OK guys, so I read Our Mathematical Universe, and it's pretty clear that someone else who created some of the content for the P.C. and the AV panel was familiar with the work, or something based on the work. But the whole notion behind the book is that our universe could actually be a very very very complex simulation, and then gives arguments for this (and against). But parts of what is described is the notion of the SAS (Self Aware Substructure) as individualized self aware simulations within the larger simulation (e.g. people).

Given the publishing date for the book (2014), this is pretty clearly an egg which follows the existence of a chicken for the purposes of how it relates to YZ ARG V2.0 (outside the construct). But between this relation, the ties to other speculative fiction and then the continual reuse and obvious recursion in the form of data from the NIN/TR backcatalog... I think there is something of a loop to this system, the world building appears to be something which grows and is clearly not just content to play with information from the original world. And then there's the AIR references in the new tour artwork... It all has to add up to something. Doesn't it?

I've been wondering about the notion that YZ:Remixed has a nearly complete decomposition of the original album in the form of multi-tracks. Could there be something there that could be a cipher (either real, or as a noise-additive / noise-cancelling approach), but I don't really know where to start with it, or where to look (other than The Background World... because, let's be honest, if I wanted to hide something, I'd hide it there).

Soooooo... This forum is sitting back for way too long, waiting for the next piece, but what if the pieces (other than the codes on the AVPC) are already there, waiting for us to find them and put them together?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    OK guys, so I read Our Mathematical Universe, and it's pretty clear that someone else who created some of the content for the P.C. and the AV panel was familiar with the work, or something based on the work. But the whole notion behind the book is that our universe could actually be a very very very complex simulation, and then gives arguments for this (and against). But parts of what is described is the notion of the SAS (Self Aware Substructure) as individualized self aware simulations within the larger simulation (e.g. people).

Given the publishing date for the book (2014), this is pretty clearly an egg which follows the existence of a chicken for the purposes of how it relates to YZ ARG V2.0 (outside the construct). But between this relation, the ties to other speculative fiction and then the continual reuse and obvious recursion in the form of data from the NIN/TR backcatalog... I think there is something of a loop to this system, the world building appears to be something which grows and is clearly not just content to play with information from the original world. And then there's the AIR references in the new tour artwork... It all has to add up to something. Doesn't it?

I've been wondering about the notion that YZ:Remixed has a nearly complete decomposition of the original album in the form of multi-tracks. Could there be something there that could be a cipher (either real, or as a noise-additive / noise-cancelling approach), but I don't really know where to start with it, or where to look (other than The Background World... because, let's be honest, if I wanted to hide something, I'd hide it there).

Soooooo... This forum is sitting back for way too long, waiting for the next piece, but what if the pieces (other than the codes on the AVPC) are already there, waiting for us to find them and put them together?
    Have you listened to The Background World in reverse (not kidding). And there are other voices people have not been able to isolate. I kind of wanted to catalog the lyrics that reference the old stuff. I know NIN wiki has some, but it's not exhaustive.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    There's also the Burning Bright video that no one's been able to make head or tail of.

If Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D's multitracks hold some kind of key... that's crazy. It also makes sense. But I feel that if there was something there, we missed it and it's just gone forever now. As far as I'm aware, all the Year Zero ARG websites expired, so logic dictates that that the same would be true for this speculative YZR idea.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I honestly think theres nothing to the Burning Bright video. I never thought there was anything hidden in there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Not sure if this really adds to anything but... Panel to the right of Panel K from This Isn't the Place video might possibly be either Panel J, L or O.

The panel to the right of Panel K is actually panel L, the circled edit on the right is the "AU" count. I'll have an updated spread sheet here in a few minutes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I plan to separate the Panels into their own sheets this week while at the in-laws - just to make it more organized, but still keep the overall sheet. I can't remember if I shared this sheet out, but need to look in the previous posts for it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here's the link to the Panel spreadsheet - https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmNRKn5V9vZihZdAHz-51vJsh49Xfw

Also, for a refresher, the "Total Links" column indicates how many other panels contain the type of change/deviation/knob (whatever the hell you want to call it). There might be more links for the new ones that were found this week from Panel L, I've placed the amount to: 1 for the time being because Panel L is the only known to have those "links".

I think we can go ahead and confirm Panel L = Add Violence, since it specifically has a label on the sleeve. Panel K seemingly would be NTAE, but I don't have 100% proof it would be that.

Edit... Actually, I don't know, it makes more sense that NTAE would be panel L... anyone have more pics of the slip mat that came with Add Violence vinyl?
    Last edited by d1stinct; 11-21-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I plan to separate the Panels into their own sheets this week while at the in-laws - just to make it more organized, but still keep the overall sheet. I can't remember if I shared this sheet out, but need to look in the previous posts for it.

Shouldnt it be panel L not Panel N for the golden ratio and such?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The left picture was taken from the end of the "This Isn't the Place" video, the right picture was taken from the user that posted the pic on Reddit of the sleeve.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The left picture was taken from the end of the "This Isn't the Place" video, the right picture was taken from the user that posted the pic on Reddit of the sleeve.

Right, so where is the panel N coming from with the golden ratio and stuff? sorry.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    Shouldnt it be panel L not Panel N for the golden ratio and such?
    I enabled Freeze Pane on the Excel doc so it doesn't confuse the columns when scrolling down, thanks!

Actually, I just went ahead and removed the headings all together, much less confusing now.
    Last edited by d1stinct; 11-21-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    A small portion of Panel J was revealed on TR's Instagram. Panel K was posted on NIN's Twitter, featured in the video for THIS ISN'T THE PLACE, & detailed in the AV Physical Component. Panel L is featured on the AV slipmat.

Have any other Machine Panels been released?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know I've been kicking this idea around since December, and others have too... but Bleedthrough could very much be at play here.

As someone who used to be on message boards all the times, I'm truly baffled why I can never seem to get my photos to work here.
    Last edited by Hesitation_Marks; 11-23-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesitation_Marks View Post
    I know I've been kicking this idea around since December, and others have too... but Bleedthrough could very much be at play here.

As someone who used to be on message boards all the times, I'm truly baffled why I can never seem to get my photos to work here.
    Ep3 better would be Tapeworm related.

Was there ever any tapeworm artwork out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    A small portion of Panel J was revealed on TR's Instagram. Panel K was posted on NIN's Twitter, featured in the video for THIS ISN'T THE PLACE, & detailed in the AV Physical Component. Panel L is featured on the AV slipmat.

Have any other Machine Panels been released?
    The machine panels and their corresponding letters are clearly a code describing the AV ARG in general. Two more will be released -- the letter O and another L -- to complete the ARG's timeline: JK LOL

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I just read this article: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...-world-puzzle/ & it reminded me to check in here to see if anyone's cracked the clues for NTAE/AV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Follow that logic?

If you follow the time scale you propose- what would 0 be on the scale?
    Down In It or Year Zero?