Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1509

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karmachiale View Post
    Do you think it's important to write down all these differences between chosen options on individual pics of AV cover to somewhere? Is somewhere comparison yet? (offic. posted pic of cover X AV PC pic X etc...?)
    But it wouldn't tell us anything anyway probably...
    Perhaps collecting enough serial numbers and part numbers together may lead us to a cryptographic key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    Not sure if this really adds to anything but... Panel to the right of Panel K from This Isn't the Place video might possibly be either Panel J, L or O.

Could be. So on the "right" panel - the row of four lights at the top - I'm reading from the video (what look to be end time scenarios):

__{ } ______{ } _________{ }______ { }
    ___V _______^ __________V _______^
    Nuclear__ Metoric??__? ??????___ Pandemic

Then the dials below feature
    Off
    Speculation
    Extinction
    Auto

Isolation
    Community
    Competition
    Assimilation(?)

There's meters for Resource and Stress and a "Tension" dial.

I want all the manuals!
    Last edited by slammy79; 08-25-2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: formatting is shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slammy79 View Post
    Could be. So on the "right" panel - the row of four lights at the top - I'm reading from the video (what look to be end time scenarios):

__{ } ______{ } _________{ }______ { }
    ___V _______^ __________V _______^
    Nuclear__ Metoric??__? ??????___ Pandemic

Then the dials below feature
    Off
    Speculation
    Extinction
    Auto

Isolation
    Community
    Competition
    Assimilation(?)

There's meters for Resource and Stress and a "Tension" dial.

I want all the manuals!
    The one in between Meteoric (something) and Pandemic is "Geological"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think all this references to past songs and albums sugest that we have to look back to understand the full story of these EPs. They seem to link all Nine Inch Nails releases with the simulation machine storyline, like a NIN multiverse where every album is a different reality, and the protagonists can't wake up from it. There are hints that this could be the case in past lyrics.

The "Pretty Hate Machine" could easily be this Panel K.
    In Broken we get some references to a "broken machine".
    In The Downward Spiral we can find this lyrics in The Becoming: "I beat my machine it's a part of me it's inside of me, I'm stuck in this dream it's changing me I am becoming".
    In The Fragile, the lyrics of the song Please: " The world is over and I realize it was all in my head".
    In With Teeth, Right Where It Belongs: "What if all the world you think you know is an elaborate dream?".
    In Zero-Sum from the Year Zero album: "And all we ever were, just zeroes and ones".
    In The Slip, the lyrics of Head Down: "This is all a dream and none of you are real".
    The first track of Hesitation Marks is called "The Eater Of Dreams".

Also the name of the How To Destroy Angels' album, Welcome Oblivion, gets a reference in the Less Than Lyrics. This may not be a coincidence as the first track of this album is called "The Wake-Up", and in the song "We Fade Away" we can find this lyrics " I can't seem to tell if I am dreaming anymore".

So this seems like all of Reznor's LPs may live in the same universe, where every NIN album is a simulation of the machine, and How To Destroy Angels' narrative takes place in the world outside the machine.
    Last edited by mauro995; 08-26-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Applous View Post
    I was thinking the k could be relevant to the K for Kontrolle (control) from the MK ultra project?
    I figured the K was for Kardashev as the Kardashev scale is mentioning a few time in the AVPC. The final page also includes mention of 'alternative facts' which was made infamous by Kellyanne Conway, so I think the panel is meant to be a sort of reality simulator.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiehozero View Post
    I figured the K was for Kardashev as the Kardashev scale is mentioning a few time in the AVPC. The final page also includes mention of 'alternative facts' which was made infamous by Kellyanne Conway, so I think the panel is meant to be a sort of reality simulator.
    The K is actually for the Kardashian Scale, where the breaking of the internet by a fat plastic muckhole signifies the Beginning of the End (The point where we have finally gone too far to be fixed) for humanity, also sweetly tying back into track 2 on YZ, and also The Great Destroyer.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Someone on reddit received their AV compact disc & posted pics here.

After a cursory glance, it doesn't appear like there are any obvious clues associated with the CD packaging.

It seems like we're still missing something, especially given the serial numbers associated with the Physical Component... unless I completely missed something where we solved the puzzle.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

After a cursory glance, it doesn't appear like there are any obvious clues associated with the CD packaging.

It seems like we're still missing something, especially given the serial numbers associated with the Physical Component... unless I completely missed something where we solved the puzzle.
    The CD may contain something but TR has stated very publicly that he doesn't care for the medium, so it's doubtful anything will be hidden there. The vinyl, on the other hand, may be the key. Or perhaps we simply have to wait for Part 3.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Received mine today from a local record store. Feels good to finally own this!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

I think if there was something we were missing we would've been given subtle nudges in the right direction.

Trent lampshaded the back cover so hard with "REMEMBER WHEN RECORDS HAD BACK COVERS? NO? MAYBE THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT." that everybody assumed there was an ARG.

Either that or it's a slow burn that will kick in with the 3rd EP.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I think if there was something we were missing we would've been given subtle nudges in the right direction.

Trent lampshaded the back cover so hard with "REMEMBER WHEN RECORDS HAD BACK COVERS? NO? MAYBE THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT." that everybody assumed there was an ARG.

What ? no ! The last hint we received took 6 month and was completely false, that means several things there is stuff: it's still not completly understood, and it take more than 6 months. I'm not sure what you mean by ARG but we found major hidden stuff related to old ARG. 3rd EP will bring some more, for me i's obvious.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post

regardless of how the nobs and switch turn, we would have spotted any "clues" in the schematic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how to use this information, but I found it interesting that the picture of the back cover that nine inch nails posted was different than the picture in the physical component. They displayed different numbers and the knobs were on different settings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I put this on Reddit and not sure if this is the right place, but I heard some "backwards" sounding voices in The Background World and reversed it and I'm pretty sure Trent says "Fade Away" . Kind of cool. https://soundcloud.com/xiamclassic Forward is normal track and Backward is it reversed. Around 3:15 in the song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Speaking of Reddit, is there a consolidated thread anywhere of all this conjecture? There so much to piece together, and I feel like I keep reading all these theories that all sounds kinda right at the same time... it's like he's piecing together everything he's ever done into one giant marinating pot of stew. The bleedthrough concept I now hear [due to recently joining a irreverent nin Facebook group] has been with us since before year zero, and that just... well... adds up, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    Speaking of Reddit, is there a consolidated thread anywhere of all this conjecture? There so much to piece together, and I feel like I keep reading all these theories that all sounds kinda right at the same time... it's like he's piecing together everything he's ever done into one giant marinating pot of stew. The bleedthrough concept I now hear [due to recently joining a irreverent nin Facebook group] has been with us since before year zero, and that just... well... adds up, right?
    I don't know, but I'd like a place. Maybe a chat room would be nice. Do people do that still? haha. Is there somewhere to do that? Or some google doc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I notice that if we have the hardware (Machine) we never had the software related to it ? Maybe the sticker in the red book is connected to this software.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "S.A.S.C" +007516M ( 7 billion 516 million), seems to relate to the population of earth, as of today it's 7.4 billion, in the pic it's 7.5 billion.

Not sure what SASC" stands for though.
    SASC = Self Aware Substructure Count...I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Brand new user giving a really obscure answer.....
    It's like Year Zero all over again haha

Even Google doesn't know this one! "Self Aware Substructure Count" gave one hit. The above post!
    Last edited by lam1na; 11-20-2017 at 07:49 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lam1na View Post
    Brand new user giving a really obscure answer.....
    It's like Year Zero all over again haha

Even Google doesn't know this one! "Self Aware Substructure Count" gave one hit. The above post!
    Not really, it is mentioned in AV's physical component.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Another brand new user giving an answer.. you're onto something @lam1na

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Another brand new user giving an answer.. you're onto something @lam1na
    Or we could all just be pissing in the wind :-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is RIGHT there, in the PC. It is as far from obscure as it can get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sipuss View Post

It is RIGHT there, in the PC. It is as far from obscure as it can get.
    LOL. Not gonna lie. Currently at work so not got the PC in front of me. And to be fair, I've not really looked at it much. Haven't even opened the PC from NTAE yet!
    I'm also not convinced any of this actually means anything. Some of it seems soooooo tenuous, almost like grasping at straws, yunno.
    That said, I do like a good conspiracy theory :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK guys, so I read Our Mathematical Universe, and it's pretty clear that someone else who created some of the content for the P.C. and the AV panel was familiar with the work, or something based on the work. But the whole notion behind the book is that our universe could actually be a very very very complex simulation, and then gives arguments for this (and against). But parts of what is described is the notion of the SAS (Self Aware Substructure) as individualized self aware simulations within the larger simulation (e.g. people).

Given the publishing date for the book (2014), this is pretty clearly an egg which follows the existence of a chicken for the purposes of how it relates to YZ ARG V2.0 (outside the construct). But between this relation, the ties to other speculative fiction and then the continual reuse and obvious recursion in the form of data from the NIN/TR backcatalog... I think there is something of a loop to this system, the world building appears to be something which grows and is clearly not just content to play with information from the original world. And then there's the AIR references in the new tour artwork... It all has to add up to something. Doesn't it?

I've been wondering about the notion that YZ:Remixed has a nearly complete decomposition of the original album in the form of multi-tracks. Could there be something there that could be a cipher (either real, or as a noise-additive / noise-cancelling approach), but I don't really know where to start with it, or where to look (other than The Background World... because, let's be honest, if I wanted to hide something, I'd hide it there).

Soooooo... This forum is sitting back for way too long, waiting for the next piece, but what if the pieces (other than the codes on the AVPC) are already there, waiting for us to find them and put them together?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    OK guys, so I read Our Mathematical Universe, and it's pretty clear that someone else who created some of the content for the P.C. and the AV panel was familiar with the work, or something based on the work. But the whole notion behind the book is that our universe could actually be a very very very complex simulation, and then gives arguments for this (and against). But parts of what is described is the notion of the SAS (Self Aware Substructure) as individualized self aware simulations within the larger simulation (e.g. people).

Given the publishing date for the book (2014), this is pretty clearly an egg which follows the existence of a chicken for the purposes of how it relates to YZ ARG V2.0 (outside the construct). But between this relation, the ties to other speculative fiction and then the continual reuse and obvious recursion in the form of data from the NIN/TR backcatalog... I think there is something of a loop to this system, the world building appears to be something which grows and is clearly not just content to play with information from the original world. And then there's the AIR references in the new tour artwork... It all has to add up to something. Doesn't it?

I've been wondering about the notion that YZ:Remixed has a nearly complete decomposition of the original album in the form of multi-tracks. Could there be something there that could be a cipher (either real, or as a noise-additive / noise-cancelling approach), but I don't really know where to start with it, or where to look (other than The Background World... because, let's be honest, if I wanted to hide something, I'd hide it there).

Soooooo... This forum is sitting back for way too long, waiting for the next piece, but what if the pieces (other than the codes on the AVPC) are already there, waiting for us to find them and put them together?
    Have you listened to The Background World in reverse (not kidding). And there are other voices people have not been able to isolate. I kind of wanted to catalog the lyrics that reference the old stuff. I know NIN wiki has some, but it's not exhaustive.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    There's also the Burning Bright video that no one's been able to make head or tail of.

If Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D's multitracks hold some kind of key... that's crazy. It also makes sense. But I feel that if there was something there, we missed it and it's just gone forever now. As far as I'm aware, all the Year Zero ARG websites expired, so logic dictates that that the same would be true for this speculative YZR idea.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I honestly think theres nothing to the Burning Bright video. I never thought there was anything hidden in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if this really adds to anything but... Panel to the right of Panel K from This Isn't the Place video might possibly be either Panel J, L or O.

The panel to the right of Panel K is actually panel L, the circled edit on the right is the "AU" count. I'll have an updated spread sheet here in a few minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I plan to separate the Panels into their own sheets this week while at the in-laws - just to make it more organized, but still keep the overall sheet. I can't remember if I shared this sheet out, but need to look in the previous posts for it.