Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50
Results 1,471 to 1,476 of 1476

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karmachiale View Post
    Do you think it's important to write down all these differences between chosen options on individual pics of AV cover to somewhere? Is somewhere comparison yet? (offic. posted pic of cover X AV PC pic X etc...?)
    But it wouldn't tell us anything anyway probably...
    Perhaps collecting enough serial numbers and part numbers together may lead us to a cryptographic key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    Not sure if this really adds to anything but... Panel to the right of Panel K from This Isn't the Place video might possibly be either Panel J, L or O.

Could be. So on the "right" panel - the row of four lights at the top - I'm reading from the video (what look to be end time scenarios):

__{ } ______{ } _________{ }______ { }
    ___V _______^ __________V _______^
    Nuclear__ Metoric??__? ??????___ Pandemic

Then the dials below feature
    Off
    Speculation
    Extinction
    Auto

Isolation
    Community
    Competition
    Assimilation(?)

There's meters for Resource and Stress and a "Tension" dial.

I want all the manuals!
    Last edited by slammy79; 08-25-2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: formatting is shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slammy79 View Post
    Could be. So on the "right" panel - the row of four lights at the top - I'm reading from the video (what look to be end time scenarios):

__{ } ______{ } _________{ }______ { }
    ___V _______^ __________V _______^
    Nuclear__ Metoric??__? ??????___ Pandemic

Then the dials below feature
    Off
    Speculation
    Extinction
    Auto

Isolation
    Community
    Competition
    Assimilation(?)

There's meters for Resource and Stress and a "Tension" dial.

I want all the manuals!
    The one in between Meteoric (something) and Pandemic is "Geological"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think all this references to past songs and albums sugest that we have to look back to understand the full story of these EPs. They seem to link all Nine Inch Nails releases with the simulation machine storyline, like a NIN multiverse where every album is a different reality, and the protagonists can't wake up from it. There are hints that this could be the case in past lyrics.

The "Pretty Hate Machine" could easily be this Panel K.
    In Broken we get some references to a "broken machine".
    In The Downward Spiral we can find this lyrics in The Becoming: "I beat my machine it's a part of me it's inside of me, I'm stuck in this dream it's changing me I am becoming".
    In The Fragile, the lyrics of the song Please: " The world is over and I realize it was all in my head".
    In With Teeth, Right Where It Belongs: "What if all the world you think you know is an elaborate dream?".
    In Zero-Sum from the Year Zero album: "And all we ever were, just zeroes and ones".
    In The Slip, the lyrics of Head Down: "This is all a dream and none of you are real".
    The first track of Hesitation Marks is called "The Eater Of Dreams".

Also the name of the How To Destroy Angels' album, Welcome Oblivion, gets a reference in the Less Than Lyrics. This may not be a coincidence as the first track of this album is called "The Wake-Up", and in the song "We Fade Away" we can find this lyrics " I can't seem to tell if I am dreaming anymore".

So this seems like all of Reznor's LPs may live in the same universe, where every NIN album is a simulation of the machine, and How To Destroy Angels' narrative takes place in the world outside the machine.
    Last edited by mauro995; 08-26-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Applous View Post
    I was thinking the k could be relevant to the K for Kontrolle (control) from the MK ultra project?
    I figured the K was for Kardashev as the Kardashev scale is mentioning a few time in the AVPC. The final page also includes mention of 'alternative facts' which was made infamous by Kellyanne Conway, so I think the panel is meant to be a sort of reality simulator.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiehozero View Post
    I figured the K was for Kardashev as the Kardashev scale is mentioning a few time in the AVPC. The final page also includes mention of 'alternative facts' which was made infamous by Kellyanne Conway, so I think the panel is meant to be a sort of reality simulator.
    The K is actually for the Kardashian Scale, where the breaking of the internet by a fat plastic muckhole signifies the Beginning of the End (The point where we have finally gone too far to be fixed) for humanity, also sweetly tying back into track 2 on YZ, and also The Great Destroyer.