Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1614

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's not a Y.
    its a Greek gamma symbol.
    it's probably an established equation. I can't enter gamma into my computer to search for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Much of this has been mentioned, but I’m aggregating my thoughts here.
    So... since we’re aware of the simulation and machine, then by design, we must not be part of it - we are in reality. Given the manual, I suspect we are meant to eventually control or interact with it.
    Trent and company are part of the simulation, we we have frequently interacted with them. It seems they have found a way to bleed through to our side, no matter how many times the experiment is reset. NIN seems to be an anomaly - SASs aware of the simulation. Perhaps the Presence in YZ isn’t intervening due to the state of the world, but because of the NIN anomaly. We assume The Warning is the viewpoint of the Presence. Perhaps it’s NIN speaking to the operators of the machine!
    I dunno... I just read nearly 50 pages of posts and analyzed the schematics in the past 24 hrs... maybe I just need sleep, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forgive me if someone mentioned this, but I scoured the posts and didn’t see anyone point this out...
    The Add Violence Wikipedia page lists, under technical personnel:
    “42 Entertainment – world integration and execution”
    (I credit my cohort Cindy for this find, if it is indeed a “find.”)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely been mentioned. 42 is credited all over the place for these releases.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In the Discord, we were discussing the liner for the NTAE vinyl. Apparently, some have received them with blue inner sleeves (with red and clear glossy text), some with red inner sleeves (with blue and glossy text). They appear to be inverses of each other, with text being repeated in different printing styles and colors (cocksucking chicken wing​).

Two of us in the Discord had ordered ours in December, and our sleeves were red, while two that had ordered them post-Firebrand received blue sleeves.

The tracks on side B appear to be the same, but I haven't played mine yet so I cannot confirm.

Having the red liner makes it easier to read some of the un-sung lyrics.

Here is an album of photos of mine, with the red sleeve: http://imgur.com/a/9lMn1
    And here is /u/wesley683's album with the blue sleeve: http://imgur.com/a/wdcMl

This may have already been discussed, but I didn't see it (so please don't crucify me!).
    Last edited by |mando|; 08-24-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnilimbO View Post
    Definitely been mentioned. 42 is credited all over the place for these releases.
    Ah, thank you. Were they involved in the physical components? Basically, im desperately grasping for hope that “world integration and execution” involves websites, phone numbers, cell phones, etc. a la YZ.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The top row lists all of the known Panels in existence. The first column on the left are all of the settings, or whatever you want to call them from ONLY Panel K.

This is all of the links that Panel K has to all of the other existing Panels. I quickly double checked my work, if you see any discrepancies please let me know and I'll update the spreadsheet.

One thing to note, the other Panels might have additional settings, like for instance Panel J, we know that it has a "Purpose" setting, which doesn't exist on Panel K.

I believe the links to each panel are important, and I believe that when an adjustment is made, or a nob has been turned up, if it's linked to another panel, then that adjustment is also made to that panel because of the "link".

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by |mando| View Post
    The tracks on side B appear to be the same, but I haven't played mine yet so I cannot confirm.
    Yeah, I'd been thinking it would be neat if it turns out that there are different versions of Side B, though given the difficulties involved with getting vinyl pressed, it's probably a longshot. My copy, at least, is just as everyone else has reported - gave it a spin last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    It's not a Y.
    it's probably an established equation. I can't enter gamma into my computer to search for it
    It's not a famous equation in physics and there's not enough information here to even try to "solve it" (we don't know what any of the variables or constants represent and which are known and which are unknowns). Also, none of the standard ways of "solving" this equation lead to anything that's obviously tied into the ARG. As much as I'd like the ARG to make us solve physics problems since that's my job, I just don't see anything concrete coming out of this equation without more information.

Source: Am a physics professor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spokeydonkey View Post
    It's not a famous equation in physics and there's not enough information here to even try to "solve it" (we don't know what any of the variables or constants represent and which are known and which are unknowns). Also, none of the standard ways of "solving" this equation lead to anything that's obviously tied into the ARG. As much as I'd like the ARG to make us solve physics problems since that's my job, I just don't see anything concrete coming out of this equation without more information.

Source: Am a physics professor.
    Put it on a chalkboard in the hallway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do you think it's important to write down all these differences between chosen options on individual pics of AV cover to somewhere? Is somewhere comparison yet? (offic. posted pic of cover X AV PC pic X etc...?)
    But it wouldn't tell us anything anyway probably...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    The top row lists all of the known Panels in existence. The first column on the left are all of the settings, or whatever you want to call them from ONLY Panel K.

This is all of the links that Panel K has to all of the other existing Panels. I quickly double checked my work, if you see any discrepancies please let me know and I'll update the spreadsheet.

One thing to note, the other Panels might have additional settings, like for instance Panel J, we know that it has a "Purpose" setting, which doesn't exist on Panel K.

I believe the links to each panel are important, and I believe that when an adjustment is made, or a nob has been turned up, if it's linked to another panel, then that adjustment is also made to that panel because of the "link".

have you tried sorting the list in alphabetical order? maybe a pattern comes up...
    Last edited by alfonso99; 08-24-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I haven't done anything to it. I might toy around with it tonight. If anyone wants the file, PM and I'll share it out on OneDrive.

edit - actually, here's the link for anyone that's interested: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmNRKn5V9vZihZdAHz-51vJsh49Xfw
    Last edited by d1stinct; 08-24-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    It's not a Y.
    Yep, and gamma is used to represent Euler's constant.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

This (and the panels themselves) kinda remind me of a modular synthesizer rig. Like this thing is some sort of reality synthesizer and the picture you made is some sort of modulation matrix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by |mando| View Post
    Two of us in the Discord had ordered ours in December, and our sleeves were red, while two that had ordered them post-Firebrand received blue sleeves.
    Ordered mine in December (Firebrand) and I got the blue sleeve...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When considering the links to Panel J, and the picture that TR recently provided of Panel J (https://www.instagram.com/p/BX-oz2Jg...ken-by=treznor), the only variables that are adjustable that would fit into the equation on Panel J (G=X*10 (negative Y)), would be Event Intensity. All other links from Panel J aren't adjustable, I would consider them reactionary meters that give the user a reading of the actual events inside the simulation.

I've read the comments disregarding the equation, but the equation is part of Panel J, so therefore it's part of the rabbit hole we're in.

My wife studied mathematics and is a mathematics teacher, she said it was a basic equation with two variables, I believe the two variables come from the Event Intensity knob. Just my theory, hopefully we know more once we see more of Panel J!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Not sure if this really adds to anything but... Panel to the right of Panel K from This Isn't the Place video might possibly be either Panel J, L or O.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    Yep, and gamma is used to represent Euler's constant.
    According to Wikipedia this constant appears in 'Dimensional regularization of Feynman diagrams in Quantum Field Theory'. Is the machine generating a quantum-sized universe? Or just using quantum mechanics as part of its calculation?
    Last edited by botley; 08-25-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karmachiale View Post
    Do you think it's important to write down all these differences between chosen options on individual pics of AV cover to somewhere? Is somewhere comparison yet? (offic. posted pic of cover X AV PC pic X etc...?)
    But it wouldn't tell us anything anyway probably...
    Perhaps collecting enough serial numbers and part numbers together may lead us to a cryptographic key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if this really adds to anything but... Panel to the right of Panel K from This Isn't the Place video might possibly be either Panel J, L or O.

Could be. So on the "right" panel - the row of four lights at the top - I'm reading from the video (what look to be end time scenarios):

__{ } ______{ } _________{ }______ { }
    ___V _______^ __________V _______^
    Nuclear__ Metoric??__? ??????___ Pandemic

Then the dials below feature
    Off
    Speculation
    Extinction
    Auto

Isolation
    Community
    Competition
    Assimilation(?)

There's meters for Resource and Stress and a "Tension" dial.

I want all the manuals!
    Last edited by slammy79; 08-25-2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: formatting is shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slammy79 View Post
    Could be. So on the "right" panel - the row of four lights at the top - I'm reading from the video (what look to be end time scenarios):

__{ } ______{ } _________{ }______ { }
    ___V _______^ __________V _______^
    Nuclear__ Metoric??__? ??????___ Pandemic

Then the dials below feature
    Off
    Speculation
    Extinction
    Auto

Isolation
    Community
    Competition
    Assimilation(?)

There's meters for Resource and Stress and a "Tension" dial.

I want all the manuals!
    The one in between Meteoric (something) and Pandemic is "Geological"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think all this references to past songs and albums sugest that we have to look back to understand the full story of these EPs. They seem to link all Nine Inch Nails releases with the simulation machine storyline, like a NIN multiverse where every album is a different reality, and the protagonists can't wake up from it. There are hints that this could be the case in past lyrics.

The "Pretty Hate Machine" could easily be this Panel K.
    In Broken we get some references to a "broken machine".
    In The Downward Spiral we can find this lyrics in The Becoming: "I beat my machine it's a part of me it's inside of me, I'm stuck in this dream it's changing me I am becoming".
    In The Fragile, the lyrics of the song Please: " The world is over and I realize it was all in my head".
    In With Teeth, Right Where It Belongs: "What if all the world you think you know is an elaborate dream?".
    In Zero-Sum from the Year Zero album: "And all we ever were, just zeroes and ones".
    In The Slip, the lyrics of Head Down: "This is all a dream and none of you are real".
    The first track of Hesitation Marks is called "The Eater Of Dreams".

Also the name of the How To Destroy Angels' album, Welcome Oblivion, gets a reference in the Less Than Lyrics. This may not be a coincidence as the first track of this album is called "The Wake-Up", and in the song "We Fade Away" we can find this lyrics " I can't seem to tell if I am dreaming anymore".

So this seems like all of Reznor's LPs may live in the same universe, where every NIN album is a simulation of the machine, and How To Destroy Angels' narrative takes place in the world outside the machine.
    Last edited by mauro995; 08-26-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Applous View Post
    I was thinking the k could be relevant to the K for Kontrolle (control) from the MK ultra project?
    I figured the K was for Kardashev as the Kardashev scale is mentioning a few time in the AVPC. The final page also includes mention of 'alternative facts' which was made infamous by Kellyanne Conway, so I think the panel is meant to be a sort of reality simulator.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiehozero View Post
    I figured the K was for Kardashev as the Kardashev scale is mentioning a few time in the AVPC. The final page also includes mention of 'alternative facts' which was made infamous by Kellyanne Conway, so I think the panel is meant to be a sort of reality simulator.
    The K is actually for the Kardashian Scale, where the breaking of the internet by a fat plastic muckhole signifies the Beginning of the End (The point where we have finally gone too far to be fixed) for humanity, also sweetly tying back into track 2 on YZ, and also The Great Destroyer.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Someone on reddit received their AV compact disc & posted pics here.

After a cursory glance, it doesn't appear like there are any obvious clues associated with the CD packaging.

It seems like we're still missing something, especially given the serial numbers associated with the Physical Component... unless I completely missed something where we solved the puzzle.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

After a cursory glance, it doesn't appear like there are any obvious clues associated with the CD packaging.

It seems like we're still missing something, especially given the serial numbers associated with the Physical Component... unless I completely missed something where we solved the puzzle.
    The CD may contain something but TR has stated very publicly that he doesn't care for the medium, so it's doubtful anything will be hidden there. The vinyl, on the other hand, may be the key. Or perhaps we simply have to wait for Part 3.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Received mine today from a local record store. Feels good to finally own this!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

I think if there was something we were missing we would've been given subtle nudges in the right direction.

Trent lampshaded the back cover so hard with "REMEMBER WHEN RECORDS HAD BACK COVERS? NO? MAYBE THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT." that everybody assumed there was an ARG.

Either that or it's a slow burn that will kick in with the 3rd EP.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I think if there was something we were missing we would've been given subtle nudges in the right direction.

Trent lampshaded the back cover so hard with "REMEMBER WHEN RECORDS HAD BACK COVERS? NO? MAYBE THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT." that everybody assumed there was an ARG.

Either that or it's a slow burn that will kick in with the 3rd EP.
    What ? no ! The last hint we received took 6 month and was completely false, that means several things there is stuff: it's still not completly understood, and it take more than 6 months. I'm not sure what you mean by ARG but we found major hidden stuff related to old ARG. 3rd EP will bring some more, for me i's obvious.