Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Yeah, but it's also the location of lcwprops.com, which is presumably where the source photo was taken, so it may well be nothing.
    Or it might be something. Seems like an odd thing for Trent and Kraw to overlook and forget to delete, no? Especially given the ARG aspect.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Or it might be something. Seems like an odd thing for Trent and Kraw to overlook and forget to delete, no? Especially given the ARG aspect.
    I suppose, and if the Google photo wasn't eight months old, I'd be more inclined to go look for the van. As for the store, I'm working when it's open anyway, but I wouldn't even know what to do if I went there.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I suppose, and if the Google photo wasn't eight months old, I'd be more inclined to go look for the van. As for the store, I'm working when it's open anyway, but I wouldn't even know what to do if I went there.
    Further to that thought, would a GPS tag in a source photo survive a massive Illustrator overhaul to the final image?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Further to that thought, would a GPS tag in a source photo survive a massive Illustrator overhaul to the final image?
    I thought that, too, and I don't know. From what I understand, Photoshop retains all original photo info as long as you're not saving and resaving it (which a pro would never do anyway).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought that, too, and I don't know. From what I understand, Photoshop retains all original photo info as long as you're not saving and resaving it (which a pro would never do anyway).
    Photoshop should retain that data no matter how many times you resave. The only time it would be expected to lose it is if you saved to a format that didn't support them.

The cover image had been resaved a minimum of three times IIRC from the metadata

There were also four photoshop "work paths" in the jpg, but again these COULD be just forgetfulness. One was named something like asdasdasd

It would be good for somebody to see if there are any layers/paths/metadata in this new version.

This should make that schematic t-shirt make a little more sense anyway

And we still never decoded the first NTAE video.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I'm sorry but no, they're really not really good at tags (again) and ... Canon EOS 5D Mark IV got non stop GPS mode, sorry looks like really nothing

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    A props company that has a lot of sci fi and technology stuff, stuff that you could use to make like, artwork and videos and shit for some kind of dystopia and dystopian album art.

Surely a coincidence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Regarding the 'Add Violence' physical component, upping the contrast on the back cover image reveals the red component tucked away to the bottom right of the machine to be a booklet... maybe a manual of some kind or a kind of Year Zero Anarchist Cookbook-type thing?! That or maybe Laura Palmer's diary!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nindian View Post
    Regarding the 'Add Violence' physical component, upping the contrast on the back cover image reveals the red component tucked away to the bottom right of the machine to be a booklet... maybe a manual of some kind or a kind of Year Zero Anarchist Cookbook-type thing?! That or maybe Laura Palmer's diary!
    I LITTERALLY just posted an higher contrast/exposure image of the supposed component on FB. Weird.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nindian View Post
    Journal in red?