breathing moments
    perfect

take me
    take all that’s left
    i am free
    finally
    combined and perfect
    finally

"Combined and perfect" along with the callback to Dear World, seems to be saying something.

EDIT: Together, they sound jumbled, even inverted. Nothing but lyrics are found in this song.
    RE-EDIT: Maybe the lyrics are what need to be combined?
    I think "colosseum calling.." and "please don't leave me here with you" can be heard in the rehearsal video.. interesting...

How we get these added to ninwiki?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This doesn’t directly relate to Add Violence, but I was reading a the artwork deconstruction posts a few posts back and had to throw this out there. I was listening to The Next Day the other night, and while looking at the artwork something struck me. The Next Day artwork completely subverts the Heroes cover, as does NTAE with Still. With all the Bowie prominence/references of late, I thought maybe there was a connection there.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJ View Post
    This doesn’t directly relate to Add Violence, but I was reading a the artwork deconstruction posts a few posts back and had to throw this out there. I was listening to The Next Day the other night, and while looking at the artwork something struck me. The Next Day artwork completely subverts the Heroes cover, as does NTAE with Still. With all the Bowie prominence/references of late, I thought maybe there was a connection there.
    I feel this, kinda. Mainly, because of “this isn’t the place” for obvious reasons. When he says “and if you see my friend” it makes me think his friend is someone he hasn’t spoken to in awhile. I guess it could be anyone who who misses someone but the vibe said Bowie to me that first listen.

That song brings all the feels.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Given today's interview on NIN.com I think we can finally put this stupid thread to bed. Next best thing to having a time machine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Turns out it was an anti-arg to make us as hopeless as Trent. Great, this record is now even bleaker.

It's not a stupid thread, he just confirmed he really was playing with us. But in the end, nothing matters and we're all shit. Was an honor to play with you lads.

edit : wait a minute what are those liner notes on the vinyl sleeve ?
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 06-21-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Given today's interview on NIN.com I think we can finally put this stupid thread to bed. Next best thing to having a time machine.
    I'm glad that the whole ARG thing can also be "put to bed", although it was, and has always been in question (your title also questioned its existance!).

I followed it and assisted with the machines, documentation and stuff like that. I do hope he continues to build and expand the machines. I was and still am very intrigued in what he had, or has in mind with that concept. I swear he at some point mentioned "world building", I feel as if he (or the community) labeled it that way and detached the whole "ARG" thing then a different direction would have been taken in regards to community involvement/reaction.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    I'm glad that the whole ARG thing can also be "put to bed", although it was, and has always been in question (your title also questioned its existance!).

I followed it and assisted with the machines, documentation and stuff like that. I do hope he continues to build and expand the machines. I was and still am very intrigued in what he had, or has in mind with that concept. I swear he at some point mentioned "world building", I feel as if he (or the community) labeled it that way and detached the whole "ARG" thing then a different direction would have been taken in regards to community involvement/reaction.
    Seeing that cover, back cover, the comments about how cover art being "important" (or whatever the exact wording was) it was hard not to go immediately to "OH FUCK ANOTHER PUZZLE" but after a while it was clearly not going anywhere. Was there a deeper meaning? Yes? Probably? Maybe? But was it participatory in the way we all hoped? Most definitely not. The codes in the AV PC were (still are) intriguing...I'd love to see Trent comment on this...but overall the horse was beat dead long ago.

That said, I'm happy with the way it all played out. I think the EPs weave an interesting story even if it didn't end up going the way originally intended.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "There aren't any answers here. Not the ones you came looking for".
    Can't help but wonder if that isn't intended for the listener as well. That we were hoping for some kind of resolution, answers to our questions, solution to our puzzle. We are left with mystery instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm disappointed, which I guess was kind of the point? I hope that someday we get the rest of the story, since we know that he had one in mind.

“I just pitched it to HBO two weeks ago in L.A. It went great. Ideally, we’re trying to get them to do a two-year limited series. I prefer that over a film. We would have a second ARG tying into the second album and ties into the series and they all happen together with a budget needed to pull that all off. There would be a tour down the road. The record completes the story, the ending that no one knows. I know what happens. I knew when I started it. And it’s not what people think. ”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is there any reason that he couldn't start the ARG at a later date? Say, in 2022...there's a sudden reference to an old download card that you got with a physical component. Time to go digging in your closet...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilmatters View Post
    Is there any reason that he couldn't start the ARG at a later date? Say, in 2022...there's a sudden reference to an old download card that you got with a physical component. Time to go digging in your closet...
    THAT is the one thing that bums me out about Bad Witch, no closure with that fucking number.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It seems clear to me that he meant the AV artwork was "IMPORTANT" because they put a lot of thought and detail and YZ-type references into it. That is how it was important. The physical components each had a serial number which made them seem very much like a real pamphlet for a simulation device that obviously doesn't exist. It's all still cool as hell, IMO. Fun red herrings.

I think the weirdest thing about the 'pseudo-ARG' is still the Schizophrenia's Diary webpage and the corresponding art design there...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have some theoretical ideas. I don’t know if anyone has thought of this. It’s just a guess, and nobody else would understand. Hopefully the image will post.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by assistingwithmyrevelation View Post
    Hopefully the image will post.
    (it didn't)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    I'm disappointed, which I guess was kind of the point? I hope that someday we get the rest of the story, since we know that he had one in mind.
    I am reminded of 1. Outside reading this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm taking the clues leading nowhere as a sort of message in itself, tied to the trilogy's conceptual conclusion.

The trilogy is asking what our purpose is, why we're here, etc, ultimately concluding with nothing. We're not here for a reason or to serve some higher power.

The clues are the same thing. They lead nowhere, there's no answers to our questions.

Hope I worded that properly.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The Leon Suites though. If there's a NIN equivalent of that.. well, it's the scraped idea they had that didn't feel right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Greetings again. I guess I don’t have permission to post images. Anyway, here is some of the HTDA/NIN ideas I had for Welcome Oblivion/Not The Actual Events/Add Violence/Bad Witch. I don’t know what I’m doing, but it’s never stopped me before. Keeping expectations low seems to make life a little better.

http://imgur.com/MEu0BZD

http://imgur.com/S7NHkif

http://imgur.com/6L92RMZ

http://imgur.com/LcB46aG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As much as I want another ARG, perhaps this was just a simple example of how misinformation and fake news is spread around, creating an alternate "view" of reality and invoking anxiety on those living in it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Are you joking? You have to be.

Edit: not to the post above me; to the crazy person.

Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Dude.
    This has crossed my mind too.
    Trent is obviously pretty fucked up about the loss of DB (as am i: I have 1" blackstar plugs in my lobes as I write this) and he's paying homage to db left and right.

so I can't help but wonder if the outside thing went through his head when he decided to kind of not exactly wrap things up.

Perhaps he thought "I wanna do something different but then the trilogy wouldn't conclude in the way I originally planned...But wait! Bowie did it! so fuck it!"

it's also VERY Twin Peaks, isn't it?

At any rate, we'll creep together, you and i: for i know who the small friends are!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there a general consensuses everyone has come to about the ADD VIOLENCE serial numbers? Are we just chalking it all up to be about an event that was not actually happening? It's genius marketing, but I feel as if there has to be some closure with them somewhere in the near future...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does ne1 know what the fingers are about? I’m trying to discover that answer too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How about I give you the finger, and you give me my phone call?
    http://imgur.com/a/NlISW7u
    Last edited by assistingwithmyrevelation; 06-27-2018 at 12:21 PM.