Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54
Results 1,591 to 1,596 of 1596

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

  1. #1591
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    607
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicoler View Post
    hey here's a random post you all can comfortably ignore i just haven't figured where to post it (although you might've gone through this)

    watching some night mind videos i came across this - less than video we all know and some discussion had been put up back at that time regarding the "polybius" reference, but this video came up a little later than the add violence release and i'm only watching it now

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7X6Yeydgyg

    this gives some solid-ass basis for the trilogy concept. not that we don't already believe it. it's just a fun fact. watching it right now
    Has anyone tried putting anything from Add Violence into a Polybius square?

  2. #1592
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Has anyone tried putting anything from Add Violence into a Polybius square?
    At this point someone has tried everything. People have even tried things that have left reality behind and seemingly work on some sort of moon logic. If there was something to find, and we hadn't found it by now, someone from the NIN camp would have logged on here in a new account and given us a push in the right direction. If any secret code is cracked, it will be after the new album releases, because nothing more is hidden in the last two releases.

  3. #1593
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    607
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    At this point someone has tried everything. People have even tried things that have left reality behind and seemingly work on some sort of moon logic. If there was something to find, and we hadn't found it by now, someone from the NIN camp would have logged on here in a new account and given us a push in the right direction. If any secret code is cracked, it will be after the new album releases, because nothing more is hidden in the last two releases.
    I dig your confidence.

  4. #1594
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolick Shiawase View Post
    There's unsung lyrics in The Lovers:
    coliseum calling with its night that could last forever
    breathing moments
    perfect


    take me
    take all that’s left
    i am free
    finally
    combined and perfect
    finally

    "Combined and perfect" along with the callback to Dear World, seems to be saying something.

    EDIT: Together, they sound jumbled, even inverted. Nothing but lyrics are found in this song.
    RE-EDIT: Maybe the lyrics are what need to be combined?
    I think "colosseum calling.." and "please don't leave me here with you" can be heard in the rehearsal video.. interesting...

    How we get these added to ninwiki?

  5. #1595
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This doesn’t directly relate to Add Violence, but I was reading a the artwork deconstruction posts a few posts back and had to throw this out there. I was listening to The Next Day the other night, and while looking at the artwork something struck me. The Next Day artwork completely subverts the Heroes cover, as does NTAE with Still. With all the Bowie prominence/references of late, I thought maybe there was a connection there.

  6. #1596
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    892
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

    Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJ View Post
    This doesn’t directly relate to Add Violence, but I was reading a the artwork deconstruction posts a few posts back and had to throw this out there. I was listening to The Next Day the other night, and while looking at the artwork something struck me. The Next Day artwork completely subverts the Heroes cover, as does NTAE with Still. With all the Bowie prominence/references of late, I thought maybe there was a connection there.
    I feel this, kinda. Mainly, because of “this isn’t the place” for obvious reasons. When he says “and if you see my friend” it makes me think his friend is someone he hasn’t spoken to in awhile. I guess it could be anyone who who misses someone but the vibe said Bowie to me that first listen.

    That song brings all the feels.

Posting Permissions