Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 1,501 to 1,513 of 1513

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's the link to the Panel spreadsheet - https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmNRKn5V9vZihZdAHz-51vJsh49Xfw

Also, for a refresher, the "Total Links" column indicates how many other panels contain the type of change/deviation/knob (whatever the hell you want to call it). There might be more links for the new ones that were found this week from Panel L, I've placed the amount to: 1 for the time being because Panel L is the only known to have those "links".

I think we can go ahead and confirm Panel L = Add Violence, since it specifically has a label on the sleeve. Panel K seemingly would be NTAE, but I don't have 100% proof it would be that.

Edit... Actually, I don't know, it makes more sense that NTAE would be panel L... anyone have more pics of the slip mat that came with Add Violence vinyl?
    Last edited by d1stinct; 11-21-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    I plan to separate the Panels into their own sheets this week while at the in-laws - just to make it more organized, but still keep the overall sheet. I can't remember if I shared this sheet out, but need to look in the previous posts for it.

Shouldnt it be panel L not Panel N for the golden ratio and such?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The left picture was taken from the end of the "This Isn't the Place" video, the right picture was taken from the user that posted the pic on Reddit of the sleeve.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The left picture was taken from the end of the "This Isn't the Place" video, the right picture was taken from the user that posted the pic on Reddit of the sleeve.

Right, so where is the panel N coming from with the golden ratio and stuff? sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    Shouldnt it be panel L not Panel N for the golden ratio and such?
    I enabled Freeze Pane on the Excel doc so it doesn't confuse the columns when scrolling down, thanks!

Actually, I just went ahead and removed the headings all together, much less confusing now.
    Last edited by d1stinct; 11-21-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    A small portion of Panel J was revealed on TR's Instagram. Panel K was posted on NIN's Twitter, featured in the video for THIS ISN'T THE PLACE, & detailed in the AV Physical Component. Panel L is featured on the AV slipmat.

Have any other Machine Panels been released?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know I've been kicking this idea around since December, and others have too... but Bleedthrough could very much be at play here.

As someone who used to be on message boards all the times, I'm truly baffled why I can never seem to get my photos to work here.
    Last edited by Hesitation_Marks; 11-23-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesitation_Marks View Post
    I know I've been kicking this idea around since December, and others have too... but Bleedthrough could very much be at play here.

As someone who used to be on message boards all the times, I'm truly baffled why I can never seem to get my photos to work here.
    Ep3 better would be Tapeworm related.

Was there ever any tapeworm artwork out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    A small portion of Panel J was revealed on TR's Instagram. Panel K was posted on NIN's Twitter, featured in the video for THIS ISN'T THE PLACE, & detailed in the AV Physical Component. Panel L is featured on the AV slipmat.

Have any other Machine Panels been released?
    The machine panels and their corresponding letters are clearly a code describing the AV ARG in general. Two more will be released -- the letter O and another L -- to complete the ARG's timeline: JK LOL

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I just read this article: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...-world-puzzle/ & it reminded me to check in here to see if anyone's cracked the clues for NTAE/AV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Follow that logic?

If you follow the time scale you propose- what would 0 be on the scale?
    Down In It or Year Zero?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I can't help but notice the number on the slipmat: 161803...am I reading that correctly?

For what it's worth, March 16, 2018 is a..........Friday.

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Unless something concrete as fuck comes out I honestly thing these are more thematic ties than literal ARG 2 clues, using familiar imagery, lyrical cues and artwork to link everything back in together and fold in on itself.

2000s Trent loves loops and the idea of things feeding back in on itself, with things like The Loop Closes, Copy of a, NTAE vinyl's B-side, etc. all illustrating that and the idea of everything being a simulation is a great way to insert all of NIN's work into this fictional multiverse idea they have going on, which also is a cool way to portray NIN's overall catalog as the "alternate universe where Trent Reznor doesn't get clean and do well in life and ends up an addict in a dystopic nightmare," and it gives him an opportunity to make a sort of "ultimate" magnum opus that combines every theme, style and ambition of the band into one multi-part project, tying it all together and wrapping a neat little bow on top of it.

He talked openly about The Lovers being about where he could have gone in life, Trent's a character in the Year Zero ARG, he and Atticus are portrayed in wireframe in the AV PC and the Houston t-shirt (suggesting they're in the simulation) and tons of old lyrics and themes are mentioned in both physical components. I don't doubt there are a lot of cool goodies, easter eggs and references people haven't figured out yet but I don't think anything as expansive, interactive or mind-blowing as Year Zero's ARG is at work with any of this.

Just look at the end of Hesitation Marks -- a string of songs all dealing with losing yourself, becoming somebody else, split selves melding, fading away and being replaced by something uglier, darker and worse off but stronger, and then the ending of NTAE -- "I'm going back, of course I am ... I am stronger than I have ever been in my decline," and then add the vinyl's b-side on as getting sonically sucked back into your darkest world and you've got an artist obsessed with the idea that no matter what they do, no matter how far they go, no matter how different their life is and no matter how much they grow, they will always have the propensity in them to go right back to that place they escaped from, to re-become that person they've made such an effort to move past being. Add all of that together with fear of dystopia, the current political and global climate being fucking terrifying no matter what side you're on and the feeling of facts not mattering and reality being crazier than fiction and wrapping all of that personal narrative into a high-concept exploration of simulation theory makes a lot of sense.